The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

twilight's AMA!

Twilight Sparkle

Why do you like MLP?

How can you like MLP and still drink as much as you do?

Pie or Cake?

David Tennant or Matt Smith?

Long Haired Cats or Short Haired?

Cleveland Steamer or Golden Shower?

oh gosh. so many questions!

Why do you like MLP?

funny thing was, once the show debuted in 2010, i was all, omg what a sucky show for kids. and when bronies became a huge thing in 2011, i never bought in to that thing. however, i gave it a shot in 2013 with a friend who was slowly dying from a heart condition, and we watched the show together because she really liked it. i was hooked on the first episode because it had a looney tunes aspect to it-- and once you get passed the "show for 8 year olds" thing, you'll find out, there's a lot of pop culture references in the show, for adults, or those of the older generation who watched MLP in the 80's, will understand some of the references from that era

also the voice acting is pretty awesome (i'd say almost all canadian born talent). i follow tara strong, andrea libman and tabitha st germain (all canadian) on twitter

How can you like MLP and still drink as much as you do?

i work in the restaurant industry, so you either drink or smoke-- you're not straight edge, you either do one or the other. me liking MLP has nothing to do with my alcoholism =p if anything MLP helps with the stress of the profession i chose, and keeps me from drinking as much as some of my coworkers. having a girlfriend helps too. you have different priorities

Pie or Cake?

thats a tough question LOL i have such a sweet tooth. in the end, i'd go pie, because pumpkin pie wins everything for me

David Tennant or Matt Smith?

i never really got into the dr who series. i tried, but like true blood, american horror story, mad men, sons of anarchy, amongst others, it's just that kinda show i couldn't invest my time in

Long Haired Cats or Short Haired?

i don't have a preference for cats. it's the same with dogs, or any animal i come in contact with-- if i feel it's real than i'll take it in to my life. my cat's a long haired, and so was my old cat before it-- but that's mostly because they had such great personalities. my mom's cat, is a black short haired cat-- and at 9 years old, that cat's runnin around like its only 3 and he's very vocal. he's a special cat, and i wouldn't mind having a cat like that

Cleveland Steamer or Golden Shower?

out of experience... golden shower.

You delivered.

I approve.

MLP thing makes sense, if nothing else its attached to fond memories of a dear friend, anybody should be able to understand that much.

Also, The restaurant industry explains it all. With that much stress, and Bull$&!#, I would drink too(Oh wait, I already do,lol). I have seen enough Gordon Ramsey shows besides Hell's Kitchen to understand the stress that goes along with workin' in a Kitchen. Personally, too much pressure for me, I'd punch somebody in the face.

Also, The restaurant industry explains it all. With that much stress, and bull, I would drink too(Oh wait, I already do,lol). I have seen enough Gordon Ramsey shows besides Hell's Kitchen to understand the stress that goes along with workin' in a Kitchen. Personally, too much pressure for me, I'd punch somebody in the face.

well i've been called the "calming influence" of our kitchen. i don't get rattled by much. i'll get overwhelmed at times, but in the end, i'm there to do a job, and if the board is completely white with bills, and the printer's continuing to puke bills up, all i can do is communicate with our chef and float (do anything or everything) and if someone's slouching, i have to take that leadership role and make sure our bills get our before everything starts getting canceled because our kitchen decided to fold as a team. i'm a veteran in our kitchen and it's my job to make sure it doesn't happen

the servers i work with, on those days, will just get their asses kicked. they most likely won't get tipped out, but they still made that sale, so we all still get paid, and the restaurant doesn't go under. i don't work in a corporate place, so every sale counts, so there's that added pressure on the kitchen. the only thing that sucks on super busy days, the server get all the love and the kitchen doesn't even get a "thank you" or a "good job" when we're working harder than the servers to make sure that the orders get out, and when they do get out, the servers are too busy punching orders in and not running their food, and that makes us look bad

it's my kind of business, because i've always been said that i have a calming personality and that i'm very casual and mellow, so no matter how busy a day could get, i always have my head in check

Archived