The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

twilight's AMA!

Twilight Sparkle

do you want to be a chef

what kind of restaurant do you work at

do you spit in food, or have you ever?

or have you seen/heard of co-workers doing nasty stuff to food pre-service?

do you want to be a chef

realistically, i don't see myself making it past a certain point. right now i'm a line cook, but i see myself peaking at sous chef and i'd be happy with that. lots of things kinda stop me from being a head chef. i'm too soft spoken and i'm inconsistent in the leadership aspect. i've gotten into the business late. i'm only a rookie cook, at 26 years old, when there are chefs my age with 10 years experience already, so that's a black mark on my resume

what kind of restaurant do you work at

it's just a bar and grill. nothing fancy. i do plan on leaving at some point, but i'm learning everything i can from the chefs im working with to develop me

do you spit in food, or have you ever?

in the 1 year i've been there, no, i've never spit in anyone's food LOL the most rebellious thing i did, when someone pissed me off, was i cheated them out of this thing, like not giving them veggies with their wings, or sauce on their burger, or no garlic toast with their pasta (so hardcore!)

have you seen/heard of co-workers doing nasty stuff to food pre-service?

i'd like to think our kitchen is run pretty professionally. we all just show up, do our thing and leave. maybe something happened when i wasn't there, but i'm not told anything =p

Strangest thread you've ever seen on CDC

geoduck thread back in 2007. that was a fun one

Here's the ultimate question......

Excluding myself and AJ, if you could spent one day with anyone on this board, who would you pick and what kind of activities would plan for the day?

dirty d and i hitting up the bars =p he seems like he'd be awesome to watch the game with and have some beers (anti-climactic answer)

Fast and Furious or Need for speed?

fast and furious for the star power. i liked fast 5. the rock really put that franchise on the map. tokyo drift was always my guilty pleasure >__>

I feel your pain TS. I line cooked for 8 years and if it wasn't for drugs and alcohol I would have probably gone postal.

almost everyone in our kitchen drinks and smokes. i'm the only one who doesn't smoke in our whole kitchen x__x but i feel that. sometimes i feel the pressure being there as long as i have already and i'm heavily needed to carry that load since we go through staff like clock work-- and there are days where i snap at people, mostly drunken customers who don't know when to shut up and let me do my job (sucks having an open kitchen sometimes)

YOU AINT AROUND ANYMORE

you shut your whore mouth olias, ive always been here in spirit

if you brony that up somehow, i swear.. ill have to come downtown and make you have a good beer with me and we'll have a pleasent time in the vancouver sunshine

but i live in new west D:

Oo, even closer! And im sure theres some nice tap houses nearby as well. Not really in delta, best selection is at the one20, and their patrons unfortunately do not exude anywhere near as much class as their beer selection..

Ive been there three times, each time they have a "dance floor" going with the loud music, smoke machine, and no one dancing, and had to help break up a fight the second time I was there as two people in a different group whipped out belts to use on someone in my group. They then proceeded to threaten to "teach a lesson" to his gf for telling them to stop and leave us all be.

I and my friends are no means instigators as well..maybe was just wrong place wrong time. Or maybe it's just my Lion bias haha

Archived