The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Going To Calgary - Game 6

FS91

Any fans planning on making the trip down?

Me and a friend will be driving down tonight to Calgary and was wondering if there will be any others that will be doing the same so that we can make the trip together.

Or if there are Canucks fans already in Calgary and know of a good place that we can get together before and after the game.

Cheers and Go Canucks!

Dont go anywhere near the saddledome or red mile wearing canucks gear... its bad this year, lots of assaults already.

and thats what lawyers and assault charges are for!

I was at the game last night. Quite surprised. No idiot flame fans that I saw at all. They were pretty quiet.

Be safe, cheer loud, have fun!!

Honestly, the day and age we can't go enjoy a hockey game is a sad and sorry day...that's why we have police. For morons who don't know how to accommodate that.

Trash talking is one thing...if fans there don't behave they don't represent their team well. No, at all...they are then on their own as idiots.

GO CANUCKS GO....great that you'll be there!!

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/flames-organization-tells-fans-to-stop-harassing-women

Calgary Flames executives Ken King and Brian Burke are asking hockey fans along the Red Mile to stop behaving in an illegal, offensive manner after reports of sexual harassment, violent language and intimidation of women during playoff games.

Women say they’ve been feeling threatened and unsafe along the Red Mile with fans yelling at them, asking them to take their shirts off, carrying posters that say things like “Show your cans for Monahan.”

Calgary is not Phoenix. Or most any other somewhat normal place where you could attend in your colors and take a mild ribbing from good natured fans. The mind set is numbing. If you haven't experienced it yourself you really don't know.

hope you have a great time i lived there for few years and went to van/calg game back in the Bure, messier days and was awesome had to travel across town with my Bure signed flag for my niece didnt have no problems at all i was young and dumb then to so thank god lol but ya just be careful and stay outa the bars on 17th ave dont want to scare but rather have fellow fans enjoy them selves

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Dont go anywhere near the saddledome or red mile wearing canucks gear... its bad this year, lots of assaults already.

I was there for games 3/4 and I'll be there for game 6 I was fully decked out in gear and got a few dirty looks and stupid comments but no one came close to laying a finger on me. There are plenty of police officers around and lots of decent fans as well.

Canucks fans going to the game wear that gear and be loud and proud :towel: :towel:

edit: I didnt go near the bars and I would advise that any canucks fans do the same thats where the idiots congregate and the liquor flows

I was at the Merchant pub in Calgary for last night's game. Was in full Canucks gear and was only slightly harassed after while walking around. I had my husband with me in plain clothes so it wasn't too bad. If you're looking for a friendly pub check out Merchant or even Pig and Duke.

This thread did not go the way I wanted haha. I was looking to find some travelling partners for a good time but instead I am now worried about coming back in one piece

Id offer to meet up but Im already going with a friend and a bunch of his friends (their lames fans :sick:)

Some advice

1) Dont get aggressive if someones talking smack let it bounce off

2) Avoid the bars post game thats where the drunkest idiots are located

3) Dont be a loudmouth bashing the Flames constantly

4) Dont make yourself a target wearing gear and cheering for the Nucks wont unless your in a section of idiots in which case security is your friend

5) If things get out of hand in or outside the arena don't hesitate to phone the police of threaten to

6) Don't drink seriously alcohol a hard fought series and being in enemy territory doesn't mix trust me

7) If people are seriously crossing the line and trying to fight you or your afraid they might assault you take a photo and let them know if they dont stop you'll report it to the police/security and you have their photo to show the police/security.

8) If anything happens inside the arena and security doesn't do anything about it phone the police or tell security that you will this produces immediate results

All of this comes from my experience with other teams arena's including Calgary. I wouldn't worry too much though for the most part things are pretty good after a game just don'tbe a dick and you should be fine.

Archived