The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fans Going To Calgary - Game 6

FS91

I don't know why people are upset someone called Albertans drunken rednecks. Last I checked they have no problem calling us limp-wristed hipsters. Its a rivalry. That's how things are. Deal with it.

As for the riots, there is no real difference between Calgary and Vancouver (or anywhere else) in terms of "classless" fans. The riots in Vancouver happened because there were a bunch of people who were going to exploit the large drunken crowds to start one. You don't come to watch a hockey game with balaclavas and molotovs. Calgary has had a larger police presence during their cup run celebrations, even bringing in a chopper.

Despite our love of hating other fans, there is no difference between Calgarians and Vancouverites. People are people.

And if you disagree, you're probably one of those people who just rags on Canucks fans at any chance they get, and does nothing but complain about Vancouver. To which I say: Find a new team, move somewhere else.

Excellent post ! Straight up truth right here.

Having lived on 17th ave I've seen it all, i'm not saying it's ok, i'm just saying comparing it to what happened in 2011 in vancouver is not anywhere close. vancouver had over 5 million in damages.

Riot/destroying a city vs over excessive partying.....your really going to compare.

I live in Calgary currently.. I've lived on the red mile.... Yes anytime you go out and mix young people and alcohol the results are pretty much the same.

Agreed cant really compare the 2. It just amazes me how the national media ignores hundreds of arrests, substantial property and personal damage on multiple nights in Albertas 2 major cities and basically sweeps most of it under the rug.

Canadian media literally crucified the city which was at the mercy of individuals/anarchists wanting to be heard. AS pointed out in the thread already http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=4958518 the media had next to no time for reporting the thousands who helped mop up the mess.

Calgary has changed ten fold over the last 7-10 years. It is a far cry from the passionately polite mountain town it was known as world wide. AS with all massive growth it also brings the undesirables.

Calgary sports media is so venomous towards the Canucks and the city as a whole. Have you listened to the trash that overflows from the FAN 960 ? It is a disgrace to sports fans everywhere. Complete hacks with less than 2 brain cells to rub together let alone distinguish between an NHL iron man and his gender.

and thats what lawyers and assault charges are for!

I was at the game last night. Quite surprised. No idiot flame fans that I saw at all. They were pretty quiet.

Hmmmmm you think they going act rowdy in our turf here in Vancouver?

Who gives a crap if it's males or females. You said albertans are classless,

I said countered that British Columbians aren't without there flaws.... Now your up in arms. One is worse than other. Hmm I guess sexual harassment doesn't happen in BC...

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Woman+sexually+assaulted+during+morning+near+campus/10921890/story.html

Get a grip.....But you had a good day though.

I'm sorry, but your complete lack of grammar makes me think you are a complete imbecile.

Without THERE flaws?

Now YOUR up in arms?

Geesh!

For you who are old enough to drink, you know how unreasonable and stupid a guy can get. Now multiply that by 10,000- 20,000.

I don't really look down on that stuff.

Stuff happens when you black out.

I live in Calgary as well and went to game 3 with full canucks gear and a 3x5 flag. Going to the Dome early was not a problem at all , except from some friendly banter. You'll find other canuck fans as well , although there wasnt near as many as during regular season games.

You can expect to get teased a bit but thats to be expected going on there turf and representing the Canucks. Either ignore people or joke around , but dont get confrontational.

The Pig and Duke is a pub downtown that is owned by canuck fans and there is always a number of canuck jersey wearing fans in there. That would be a good place to go if you are looking for a pre-game place to hang out

Dont go anywhere near the saddledome or red mile wearing canucks gear... its bad this year, lots of assaults already.

This is horribly incorrect. Yeah, ok maybe the Red Mile. I got in an altercation at Game 3, but had no issues at Game 4.

This is horribly incorrect. Yeah, ok maybe the Red Mile. I got in an altercation at Game 3, but had no issues at Game 4.

i bet there are quite a few canucks fan in the crowd but afraid of wearing a Canucks jersey.. in the regular season, probably 20% of the crowd are canucks supporters..

To the folks going to Calgary...go out and give em hell! Scream your loudest and have the time of your life. Go Canucks Fans Go!

PS Ignore the fools around here suggesting that Calgary is more dangerous than Vancouver. That's priceless!

Given the city's history of riots after hockey games, I think we Canuck fans should just keep our mouths shut.

Made it through the night in one peace. Walked the red mile in our Canucks jerseys except for the odd rowdy fan everyone was fairly nice and good hosts. Had people giving us drinks.

It wasn't nearly as bad some people made it out to be but that's probably cause they won. Would of been a different story though if Canucks had won.

Archived