The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks for a good year

Guest Dasein

Year was better than I expected. Personally making it to the playoffs is something to be proud of. We have been spoiled by being one the of best teams for years now, but this year made me realize how hard it is just to make it in. This is the year you build off, we are not going to win a Cup any time soon and I accept that fact because in 5-6 years we will be back to the top and will contend for the Cup.

Excited to see what happens next season.

The Canucks 2014-2015 Season Review:

BTW I'm just doing a quick outline of the year and not going into deep analysis on the team and players.

IMO the season was great, and if you told me a year ago that we'd get 101 points I'd think you're crazy, but they did. The Playoffs we're a heartbreak but the Canucks were playing hard. (Games 3&4 are an exception) and I still thought game 6 was hard fought! The Canucks have obvious holes but we're able to get 5th in the West.

The goal for this year was to make the Playoffs, and they met it.

WD has been a great coach, I think he'll learn from this year and only get better.

People said this would be a rebuild year, and it is bringing in young guys to energize the team was a big part for this year's success, especially Bo Horvat.

The defence was mediocre this year I would say though, it was inconsistent, and a lot of injuries to...

What I would expect for the Canucks next year: Win Round One.

Thanks for Reading, Go Canucks Go!!! :towel::canucks:

At the start of the season, I thought our weakness was depth on defense. Believe that more now that at the start.

Was a good bounce back season, looking forward to summer and changes that will happen. Benning is not someone who is going to be happy with just a first round exit. There is work to do, and unfortunately, the guys we need on defense aren't a dime a dozen.

We need to develop them!

Thank you Canucks for a good year, even though it was a bit disappointing with the way it ended. However, the conclusion of the year is that I can't believe one of the biggest thing I've learned this season is the Sam Bennett is 18 years old.

See you guys in October

GO CANUCKS GO

Let's be honest. This team isn't good enough for Anaheim or Chicago; even if we did win this series. Here's hoping management takes a closer look at the roster as a result.

Let's see some more kids in this line up.

Virtanen!

Subban!

Shinkaruk!

Gaunce!

Demko!

Virtanen, Shinkaruk and Gaunce have chances to make the team next year. All will be given a good solid chance to impress.

Virtanen, it depends on how well he trains in off season and how strong he can get. He missed last summer with surgery recovery.

Shinkaruk, I think he made really good progress in Utica. I don't think he'll start the season with the Canucks, but I expect to see him make it up for some games on injury call up and I expect him to make an impression.

Gaunce, I think is in the same position as Shinkaruk except, he needs to work a little more on his first few steps speed.

Jensen, will be given every opportunity to make the team next year if he is still here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded if they don't see an opening for him.

Overall, it was a great bounce back year. Eddie, Horvat, Vrbata and good prospects - lots to be hopeful about. And don't forget, Linden and Jim are in charge, and Willy's a great caoch. It was a heartbreaking loss, but at least we made it interesting. The Phlegms brought it for every game, we didn't. Good experience for the young guys. Til next year....

The defence core was bad in this series but they stepped up. We have only 3 top four defencemen (Hamhuis, Tanev, and Edler). And 4 bottoms 6 defencemen ( Bieksa, Sbisa, Weber, Stanton). And all of them are stay at home defencemen other than maybe Weber but i disregard him being a offensive defenceman because he can't read plays.

We should definitely trade Bonino, Bieksa, Jensen, Kenins and Vrbata for a puck moving young defenseman like Seth Jones. Maybe throw in a fourth pick to make this trade go through because of how crazy it is.

Don't say " chances " good game " refs lost us the series " next year" good young prospects" or we are close.

Multiply that by 45 years and u will understand my user name.

CUPORBUST.

.......bust. ........ Again.

That is all. See u again next year so we can be put through all this again.

Never thought I'd say this , but I don't think I'll be watching as many games for a long time. Been a fan since 1985. Wake me when we don't have a team full of losers.

Enjoy the Empty seats nucks

This team is just waiting for a better number to bring the cup back. 50 sound better 45.

P.S. In about 5 years we should be contenders again so winning in our 50 year anniversary is quite possible.

Don't say " chances " good game " refs lost us the series " next year" good young prospects" or we are close.

Multiply that by 45 years and u will understand my user name.

CUPORBUST.

.......bust. ........ Again.

That is all. See u again next year so we can be put through all this again.

Never thought I'd say this , but I don't think I'll be watching as many games for a long time. Been a fan since 1985. Wake me when we don't have a team full of losers.

Enjoy the Empty seats nucks

go whine somewhere else

This team is just waiting for a better number to bring the cup back. 50 sound better 45.

P.S. In about 5 years we should be contenders again so winning in our 50 year anniversary is quite possible.

That would be sick. Very possible. For any long time nucks fan though , going up and down for 25 years ( me personally ) , it's hard to care anymore. Lol. I would never cheer for another team , but naturally , with that amount of time waiting for a cup , people are going to stop Investjng themselves. That's why u are starting to see empty seats.

I will always watch games , and hopefully , with my first son on the way, can start a new generation of canucks fans , lol , but I'm not optimistic anymore. Hope this management group realizes how close they are to bejng back into the red like it was back in the early 80's when nobody cared.

It hasn't been the same since 2011. Nobody cared this year like they did then. It's going dow hill

Empty seats at playoff games and maybe one or two canucks car flags ? Lol

Better get things going Mr. Benning. That's why this city is so quiet at home games. Give them what they have paid for

I don't know why some people are so upset with the Canucks. I watched game 6. Was I heartbroken? Of course. But I'm proud of this team. They weren't expected to make the playoffs, Edler and the Sedins were written off last year and they showed a tremendous amount of heart to come back and force a game 6. Miller wasn't even 100% and he played his heart out. Lack, our backup, little to no playoff experience not only kept us in the playoffs but actually carried us here when Miller was hurt. The Sedins who have been called no shows in the playoffs have proven how much this team actually needs them. They were tremendous and carried our team nearly every night. Bo Horvat will be a stud, as will other players we can look forward to seeing (McCann, Virtanen etc.). When was the last time you can remember the Canucks being ranked 18th in prospects? http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/ (and I don't think that's been updated to include Baertschi - they rank him Calgary's 3rd best prospect); so technically we are probably higher now. This team has people in management who actually know how to draft, scout and develop players and won't just trade away our picks for rentals every year.

Exciting times are ahead for this team and I for one cannot express how proud of these guys I am.

Virtanen, Shinkaruk and Gaunce have chances to make the team next year. All will be given a good solid chance to impress.

Virtanen, it depends on how well he trains in off season and how strong he can get. He missed last summer with surgery recovery.

Shinkaruk, I think he made really good progress in Utica. I don't think he'll start the season with the Canucks, but I expect to see him make it up for some games on injury call up and I expect him to make an impression.

Gaunce, I think is in the same position as Shinkaruk except, he needs to work a little more on his first few steps speed.

Jensen, will be given every opportunity to make the team next year if he is still here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded if they don't see an opening for him.

tell him to go hang out with Horvat.

I don't know why some people are so upset with the Canucks. I watched game 6. Was I heartbroken? Of course. But I'm proud of this team. They weren't expected to make the playoffs, Edler and the Sedins were written off last year and they showed a tremendous amount of heart to come back and force a game 6. Miller wasn't even 100% and he played his heart out. Lack, our backup, little to no playoff experience not only kept us in the playoffs but actually carried us here when Miller was hurt. The Sedins who have been called no shows in the playoffs have proven how much this team actually needs them. They were tremendous and carried our team nearly every night. Bo Horvat will be a stud, as will other players we can look forward to seeing (McCann, Virtanen etc.). When was the last time you can remember the Canucks being ranked 18th in prospects? http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/ (and I don't think that's been updated to include Baertschi - they rank him Calgary's 3rd best prospect); so technically we are probably higher now. This team has people in management who actually know how to draft, scout and develop players and won't just trade away our picks for rentals every year.

Exciting times are ahead for this team and I for one cannot express how proud of these guys I am.

How long have u been a fan? Don't understand why we are upset ? U kidding me ? lol.

Let me guess. Now that I asked u will say u have been a fan for 20 years. Lol.

Fans should be upset bro. That's how sports work. U loose , for 45 years strait , fans payjng obsceane ticket prices are guna stop Investing.

A real fan would be upset. Not stop being a fan, but if u aren't sick of losing , u don't care enough

I live in Toronto, and I'm only 18. I'll be honest, I wasn't raised in a household that really cared at all about hockey, and they still don't. I never actually even learned how to skate. But the day I watched my first Canucks game, I was hooked. I even started learning how to skate because they made me love hockey so much.

I understand for the older fans and the fans in Vancouver, how it's getting more difficult to be optimistic. For me though, every season will be bigger and better. I'll go in with that hope, and I'll enjoy every season. And I'll be happy when Rogers Arena finally gets to raise a championship banner.

So thank you to the Canucks. For not only making me love hockey, but for the memories they've given me in a few short years. I'll never give up on this team. Onto next season! :canucks:

I do understand that this is an experimental year. And from that perspective it is a success.

But still, losing to these little c0cksuckers still suck balls. I would've been ok with losing to an actual good team like Anaheim.

Lets hope the Ducks break a few bones next round.

How long have u been a fan? Don't understand why we are upset ? U kidding me ? lol.

Let me guess. Now that I asked u will say u have been a fan for 20 years. Lol.

Fans should be upset bro. That's how sports work. U loose , for 45 years strait , fans payjng obsceane ticket prices are guna stop Investing.

A real fan would be upset. Not stop being a fan, but if u aren't sick of losing , u don't care enough

Just because someone is enjoying the season for it's successes instead of it's failures doesn't make them a fake fan. We're all entitled to feel how we do, whether that's upset with losing or happy with what was achieved this season.

This team made the playoffs! The management has done what they hoped, and I think it was a really tough thing to pull off given the situation. The farm team is looking good, and many of our draft picks are still in the playoffs, be it AHL, or CHL. We are done for this year, but not done. Look at Toronto to check when you are really done. Go Utica!

Just because someone is enjoying the season for it's successes instead of it's failures doesn't make them a fake fan. We're all entitled to feel how we do, whether that's upset with losing or happy with what was achieved this season.

Fair enough. To each there own. Just sayin I doubt a fan that's been let down for years on end would be happy right now. New fans tend to be more forgiving. Guess the team needs them too ;)

Archived