The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks for a good year

Guest Dasein

Also proud of our boys...sucks to lose to a lower seeded team but hey, when I ran the numbers we actually had a pretty decent year:

MOST IMPROVED TEAMS (2013/14 to 2014/15):

Vancouver (up from 25th to 8th +18 pts)

Islanders (up from 16th to 10th +22 pts)

Nashville (up from 19th to 6th +16pts)

Flames (up from 27th to 16th +20pts)

Florida (up from 29th to 20th +25pts)

Honorable mention

Rangers (up from 12th to 1st +17pts)

BIGGEST LOSERS:

Colorado (dropped from 3rd to 21st -22pts)

San Jose (dropped from 5th to 22nd - 22pts)

Boston (dropped from 1st to 17th -21pts)

Arizona (dropped from 18th to 29th -33pts)

So, yeah, I'm pleased with this result considering we are at the beginning of a semi-rebuild. Hope this trend continues upward. And from the looks of things we may as well get used to the Flames nipping at our heels, it looks like they're also on a steep curve on the rise. They've got Gaudreau, Monahan and Bennett leading their youth charge...and we have Horvat, Lack and Virtainen leading ours. It'll be quite a few years of rivalry to come yet.

Good year for a team on the re-tool. Sedins have another consistent year in the tank, Vrbata will have another good year, Horvat will get even better, may see Virtanen in some games, maybe someone like Shinkaruk. Baertschi could start to make a difference. Canucks are a few years off from having the young guys in their lineup that can truly make a difference I think...it's going to be tough, let's see what Trader Jim the Draft King can do to get this thing turned around faster while still trying to make the playoffs every year.

How long have u been a fan? Don't understand why we are upset ? U kidding me ? lol.

Let me guess. Now that I asked u will say u have been a fan for 20 years. Lol.

Fans should be upset bro. That's how sports work. U loose , for 45 years strait , fans payjng obsceane ticket prices are guna stop Investing.

A real fan would be upset. Not stop being a fan, but if u aren't sick of losing , u don't care enough

I've been a fan from the Sedins first full year in the NHL - early 2000's.

Ah yes, the stereotypical I'm not as much of a fan as you because I don't cheer the same way you do. Shall we wipe out our d***s and see who's is bigger while we're at it?

I live in Toronto, and I'm only 18. I'll be honest, I wasn't raised in a household that really cared at all about hockey, and they still don't. I never actually even learned how to skate. But the day I watched my first Canucks game, I was hooked. I even started learning how to skate because they made me love hockey so much.

I understand for the older fans and the fans in Vancouver, how it's getting more difficult to be optimistic. For me though, every season will be bigger and better. I'll go in with that hope, and I'll enjoy every season. And I'll be happy when Rogers Arena finally gets to raise a championship banner.

So thank you to the Canucks. For not only making me love hockey, but for the memories they've given me in a few short years. I'll never give up on this team. Onto next season! :canucks:

You picked a good team to be a fan of.

I've been a fan from the Sedins first full year in the NHL - early 2000's.

Ah yes, the stereotypical I'm not as much of a fan as you because I don't cheer the same way you do. Shall we wipe out our d***s and see who's is bigger while we're at it?

I just got suspended for a day so not guna say what I want to right now ;)

Glad u happy van is still the losing team.

Like I said. To each there own

I ain't content with what we have seen. Is there positives , there Always is

CUP OR BUST. BUT HEY , That's just me

I'm really not surprised anymore, it's always something with this team

leaders are scoring but nobody else is doing squat, getting secondary scoring but leaders are doing squat, our goaltending is awesome but we aren't scoring, we're scoring but then our goaltending goes to crap etc. etc.

It never all comes together for this team

Right now, we're just trying to make steps for the future like inserting Horvat and have him go through the whole season with the Canucks. Regular season, tight games at the end of the regular season with a lot of pressure, and playing in the playoffs. That will be good for him. I hope that we can have Shinkaruk, Virtanen, McCann, Cassels, all get some time in the playoffs before the Sedins retire. 3-4 years?

Sedins aren't all that old, if Horvat can become our best player within the next 2 seasons maybe that leaves the Sedins as secondary scoring which isn't too bad? Horvat has been our best player in the playoffs IMO so hopefully he continues that.

From reading this thread (and your posts) I wouldn't consider you a true fan at all actually... but hey, that's just my opinion... Yours is probably that you're the biggest fan.

To quote yourself; "To each there own".

There's a difference to being disappointed (which many true fans are right now) than to wish for empty seats in the future. That's just destructive...

I do understand that this is an experimental year. And from that perspective it is a success.

But still, losing to these little c0cksuckers still suck balls. I would've been ok with losing to an actual good team like Anaheim.

Lets hope the Ducks break a few bones next round.

Losing to these flames...shake my head, I was fine with the Canucks getting bounced by the Ducks in the second round, but not the flames.

Give Calgary credit, they wanted it more. They played physical, had a lot of energy, and never gave up (except gooning it up at the end of game 2).

The Canucks couldn't match the physicality of Calgary (outside of game 2, which Canucks dominated with 30ish hits) and it just seemed like our defense was so beaten up by the Calgary forecheck. (Ferland)

Overall, I'm satisfied with the season.

As a long time fan, I was getting pretty bored of the Canucks the last few years between the end of the 2011 run till now. This year was different, lowered expectations and new management. It was really exciting to see youth in the line up and throughout the season, I really enjoyed watching the few games i caught.

I am very pleased with the progression of Horvat, it was a treat to see him getting better and better. Kenins was great at times, and I hope he continues to get better because he is a great energy guy. Tanev impressed again this year, he was the most steady defencemen on our side against the flames.

Dorsett was a great addition, the guy gives it 110% every shift. Vbrata was awesome in the regular season (wish he made more of an impact in the flames series) but all in all, he provided great entertainment, providing a snipe show on powerplays. The Sedins and Edler bounced back with a strong season after being doubted the year before.

Eddie Lack has made huge strides this year and hopefully will continue to improve his positioning and technical game.

Moving forward, I can't wait to see our young rookies filling up roster spots. Brendan Gaunce, Sven Baertschi, Nicklas Jensen perhaps, Corrado, Clendening will all make pushes for the big club next season.

I grew up watching the core (Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis) develop to what it is now, I really enjoyed watching them over the years, especially the 2011 Cup Run season; but I just feel like it'll be great to insert youth into the line up. Bring in some excitement for the fans, something different. It's time for the youth to come in and for fans to watch a new group of young guys become the future core for the Canucks!

Threw stuff tonight....not proud of that. Tore down the shrine...sad about that.

At the start of the season, I wanted to have a better season than that tragedy of hockey last year. We did.

At the start of the season I wanted to make the playoffs. We did.

Never expected this team to be a cup contender this year...just better than last year and we are.

STILL I"M SO FRACKING MAD!!! GAME 6 WAS A TOTAL KICK IN THE NUTS!!!

3 GOAL LEAD!!!

WHAT THE F&(&!!!

HOW DO YOU.....I MEAN.....WHAT......AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Ok, I'm yelling again.

Not ready to be calm and look at the bright side yet....I'll try back in a few days perhaps.

Still proud of the boys for the regular season at least, blah blah blah.

Losing to these flames...shake my head, I was fine with the Canucks getting bounced by the Ducks in the second round, but not the flames.

Give Calgary credit, they wanted it more. They played physical, had a lot of energy, and never gave up (except gooning it up at the end of game 2).

The Canucks couldn't match the physicality of Calgary (outside of game 2, which Canucks dominated with 30ish hits) and it just seemed like our defense was so beaten up by the Calgary forecheck. (Ferland)

Overall, I'm satisfied with the season.

As a long time fan, I was getting pretty bored of the Canucks the last few years between the end of the 2011 run till now. This year was different, lowered expectations and new management. It was really exciting to see youth in the line up and throughout the season, I really enjoyed watching the few games i caught.

I am very pleased with the progression of Horvat, it was a treat to see him getting better and better. Kenins was great at times, and I hope he continues to get better because he is a great energy guy. Tanev impressed again this year, he was the most steady defencemen on our side against the flames.

Dorsett was a great addition, the guy gives it 110% every shift. Vbrata was awesome in the regular season (wish he made more of an impact in the flames series) but all in all, he provided great entertainment, providing a snipe show on powerplays. The Sedins and Edler bounced back with a strong season after being doubted the year before.

Eddie Lack has made huge strides this year and hopefully will continue to improve his positioning and technical game.

Moving forward, I can't wait to see our young rookies filling up roster spots. Brendan Gaunce, Sven Baertschi, Nicklas Jensen perhaps, Corrado, Clendening will all make pushes for the big club next season.

I grew up watching the core (Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis) develop to what it is now, I really enjoyed watching them over the years, especially the 2011 Cup Run season; but I just feel like it'll be great to insert youth into the line up. Bring in some excitement for the fans, something different. It's time for the youth to come in and for fans to watch a new group of young guys become the future core for the Canucks!

Agreed

This team hasn't been good enough to beat another NHL team + the refs since the Chicago series in 2011 and that was when they were statistically one of the best NHL teams in decades.

The NHL is sports entertainment so getting upset about our playoff exits is like getting upset if your guy loses at wrestlemania. Just enjoy the good times and know take the bad times in stride

I've been a die-hard fan for as long as I can remember. Born in '71, grew up listening to Jim Robson call the games on the radio & have great memories of the 82' cup run. Moved to Calgary in '89 and have remained a loyal die-hard to this day, and always will. It's not easy being a fan of a hated rival in an out-of-market city, not only do we hear the negativity from the "fans" & media in Vancouver but we hear up close & personal the non-stop hyperbole from the other side too... Anyway...

I'm not happy with how the season ended but I am proud of how the guys battled, especially the last 2 games. They showed they weren't going to go down without a fight which is what I really hoped for if we were going to lose. It's frustrating & heartbreaking as I still feel that this team had a better chance at taking out the Ducks & going on a Cinderella run than the Flames do but it doesn't matter now. It doesn't make me less of a fan if I can see the big picture in a positive light.

After the disasterous last season with Torts I was more disheartened than I have ever been, until they made wholesale management changes. I was still a bit skeptical & to be honest for the first time since it's been available here didn't get the Center Ice package, but instead listened to the games via 1040 online & eventually gave in after Christmas & got the Rogers Game Center app.

I like the culture change that has been started, I like the management & coaching staff that are put in place, I like the direction those people are pointing the team. I expect Benning to address the areas he feels need work and for us to continue to get better while we do it. I see a great future with the likes of Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Corrado, Clendening, McCann, Cassels, Subban etc on the way. Benning had to see what he really had when it mattered most & clearly we have areas that need work. I believe that we can remain competitive while we get better, so while I hate hate HATE that we lost (especially to Calgary) I am also positive we're moving in the right direction and with consistent direction and a gameplan we'll be an elite team again sooner than most think.

There's nothing wrong with appreciating the effort we saw at the end & being positive about what we believe is coming. It doesn't make us bad fans or mean we're satisfied, or happy with it. Some folks are just wired to look for positives, while some choose to dwell on negatives. To each their own.

I hate it. It psss me off personally. I hope they start losing seats to be honest. It's not exceptable to be losers for 45 years. To never have won a single championship in 45 freakin years.

Anyone who has played sports knows it's not ok to loose. It's not , hey , better luck next year. Get your crap together for once in the life of your franchise Vancouver. I hope fans start to show losing is not ok. I don't care how good the last game of round one ( that u lost in to the freakin CALAGRY FLAMES) was.

CUPORBUST.

once again, we are a fans of a team of losers.

If my happiness pisses you off, then you have a very sad life. I'm sorry. I hope you see the light one day.

At the end of the day this team wasn't expected to do much by many this year and they ended up second in the division. More often than not, this team put together amazing efforts and won games it probably shouldn't have.

I'm probably as depressed and upset as anyone on here... Even man cried for a couple minutes. But I love this team and they gave me so many high moments this year.

It's a shame how it ended. I don't think I can ever get over the 3 goal lead that was blown, but you have to try.

On to next season... GO CANUCKS GO

How can anyone say the coach is great? Hartley was the great coach, not WD and his Vey.

Coach never lost us the playoffs.

Thought people would know this by now.

Stale core is stale. Need youth.

WD is great because he is a rookie coach who got us into the playoffs. Like most rookie coaches he has a lot to learn in the NHL.

Linden should have taken heed of what Torts said about the "stale" team of Canucks. Calgary has so much character gritty players even their small forwards are better than Canucks. The owners can't be happy with Linden right about now.

Archived