The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks for a good year

Guest Dasein

The great strides the team took during the regular season has been overshadowed by the 1st round loss. I really enjoyed the team this year and am mostly pleased with the overall performance.

As it's been stated many times, JB only promised some competitive hockey and a team that would make the POs. It is obvious that the current roster cannot withstand the aggressive, hard hitting style of hockey that now is the National Head-injury League.

JB has his work cut out for him if he wants this team to get past the 1st round in the future. I trust that he knows what has to be done, but it's going to be a slow process.

Are Canuck fans tough enough to allow for the changes that are needed?

If my happiness pisses you off, then you have a very sad life. I'm sorry. I hope you see the light one day.

At the end of the day this team wasn't expected to do much by many this year and they ended up second in the division. More often than not, this team put together amazing efforts and won games it probably shouldn't have.

I'm probably as depressed and upset as anyone on here... Even man cried for a couple minutes. But I love this team and they gave me so many high moments this year.

It's a shame how it ended. I don't think I can ever get over the 3 goal lead that was blown, but you have to try.

On to next season... GO CANUCKS GO

Are we still the elite of the Pacific Apollo?

Are we still the elite of the Pacific Apollo?

No. I said we're the class of the pacific and we're contenders. I stand by my words. The showed we can beat them all and finished 2nd in the division. So not sure what you're getting at? Please do explain.

Team should have played better but doesn't mean the game was called fair. There's 0 doubt in my mind that the penalty called on McMillan was a joke. The team had a great season and made me happy more nights than not.

I understand the positive sentiment rings hollow after a first round exit, but what exactly were people expecting out of the team this year ? No-one outside of our own fanbase gave them a chance to even make the playoffs.

Combine that with a first year management structure and coaching staff and they have actually exceeded expectations. It bites hard that we lost to the one team in the playoffs that we truthfully had a chance of beating but I'll wait until the end of next year before passing judgement on this version of the the organization.

So from me thanks to the Canucks as well, and hopefully we get to watch them play at least into May next season.

No. I said we're the class of the pacific and we're contenders. I stand by my words. The showed we can beat them all and finished 2nd in the division. So not sure what you're getting at? Please do explain.

Team should have played better but doesn't mean the game was called fair. There's 0 doubt in my mind that the penalty called on McMillan was a joke. The team had a great season and made me happy more nights than not.

Blaming the McMillan penalty is not realistic. The team had a 3-0 lead. They had tons of opportunity to lock it down.

The refs were actually only bad in regards to ferland being allowed to charge with impunity. But even that was not the difference. This team is not elite or the class of the pacific. They are a middle of the road team trending down due to age and declining ability. Huge changes are needed to give this team the tools to win consistently. Because even in the regular season they were not consistent in effort or result.

Blaming the McMillan penalty is not realistic. The team had a 3-0 lead. They had tons of opportunity to lock it down.

The refs were actually only bad in regards to ferland being allowed to charge with impunity. But even that was not the difference. This team is not elite or the class of the pacific. They are a middle of the road team trending down due to age and declining ability. Huge changes are needed to give this team the tools to win consistently. Because even in the regular season they were not consistent in effort or result.

The Flames were throwing hits well after our guys had let the puck go. 0 interference calls...

Officiating was horrible and that doesn't surprise me. I'm not blaming the series loss on it.

This team was involved in fixed games all year and ended up winning in spite of officiating being against them.

I'm dissapointed. They should have tried harder and didn't so they came up short.

This team was a contender though and they proved it all year by beating all types of competition.

They came up short and Willie made some brutal decisions. But with a healthy Miller, no chance flames win that series and Vancouver goes on to beat Anaheim, proving that they where the class of the pacific.

It's a shame how the season ended. I'm not blaming the refs, it was expected.

The Flames were throwing hits well after our guys had let the puck go. 0 interference calls...

Officiating was horrible and that doesn't surprise me. I'm not blaming the series loss on it.

This team was involved in fixed games all year and ended up winning in spite of officiating being against them.

I'm dissapointed. They should have tried harder and didn't so they came up short.

This team was a contender though and they proved it all year by beating all types of competition.

They came up short and Willie made some brutal decisions. But with a healthy Miller, no chance flames win that series and Vancouver goes on to beat Anaheim, proving that they where the class of the pacific.

They were also beaten by all types of competition.

How do you win a fixed game? Lol

They were a regular season contender to make a playoff berth. They were not a playoff contender at all and didn't even try to be one.

Losing to Calgary and even having them dominate in stretches of that series, despite them not having their best defenseman available to them, was a bad joke. And then Edmonton getting McDavid? Frack me. I hope all those brainiacs all excited for the team's status back in November (see, look TOML! Haw-haw!) are happy.

I hate it. It psss me off personally. I hope they start losing seats to be honest. It's not exceptable to be losers for 45 years. To never have won a single championship in 45 freakin years.

Anyone who has played sports knows it's not ok to loose. It's not , hey , better luck next year. Get your crap together for once in the life of your franchise Vancouver. I hope fans start to show losing is not ok. I don't care how good the last game of round one ( that u lost in to the freakin CALAGRY FLAMES) was.

CUPORBUST.

once again, we are a fans of a team of losers.

Or just loser fans, one of the two.

Don't say " chances " good game " refs lost us the series " next year" good young prospects" or we are close.

Multiply that by 45 years and u will understand my user name.

CUPORBUST.

.......bust. ........ Again.

That is all. See u again next year so we can be put through all this again.

Never thought I'd say this , but I don't think I'll be watching as many games for a long time. Been a fan since 1985. Wake me when we don't have a team full of losers.

Enjoy the Empty seats nucks

Losers? We have sbisa locked up and they want to resign weber... Burrows, Higgins and Hansen see top 6 regularly and bonino really rounds off the best 2nd line in the NHL.

Pfft, losers.

Losers everywhere should be insulted by that comparison.

You should let my girlfriend in on your secret of being so easily pleased...

How long have u been a fan? Don't understand why we are upset ? U kidding me ? lol.

Let me guess. Now that I asked u will say u have been a fan for 20 years. Lol.

Fans should be upset bro. That's how sports work. U loose , for 45 years strait , fans payjng obsceane ticket prices are guna stop Investing.

A real fan would be upset. Not stop being a fan, but if u aren't sick of losing , u don't care enough

Get over it. Dwelling on the past does nothing. I wasn't quite old enough for '89 but I was for '94 and 2011 and all the good and bad and horrible years in between. Those years mean nothing now. The only thing that exists in sports, if not today, is tomorrow. So here's to tomorrow, and continuing to cheer for my favorite team of all time, in any sport, the Vancouver Canucks.

How do you win a fixed game? Lol

They were a regular season contender to make a playoff berth. They were not a playoff contender at all and didn't even try to be one.

By out classing and just being better. When I say fixed I mean when the refs make almost every call against you. Which happened countless times this year and they still won

They were also beaten by all types of competition.

Yup... Sabres, devils, lumbus,... They showed 0 desire to compete every night like a Calgary team. But when they did, they beat the best.

You should let my girlfriend in on your secret of being so easily pleased...

Trust me... I wish I could. Have the same problem teaching mine!

A real fan would be upset. Not stop being a fan, but if u aren't sick of losing , u don't care enough

Yes because being sad is a good thing... Why on earth would any human want more sadness?

You are a terrible fan IMO. You "cheer" for Vancouver, but that doesn't mean you're entitled to a Stanley Cup.

Archived