The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Changes needed

Carl's Jn

I predict no real changes as we eat these no trade clauses..this core has proven untouchable even with 4 years of playoff mediocrity. There is a danger that we become team with a losing attitude if this continues.

the old guys Hansen/Higgins/Burrows/Mathias should never play above the 3rd line or powerplay nix Vey/McMilling..

the defense well...patchwork at best.

Don't know why everyone is harping on the coach, yes he made some rookie mistakes. Take a look at the players, it's been 3 coaches in 3 years and the team stills plays the same. So I don't think it's the coach, it's the core players that need the change.

Well we went from 6th last to 8th best in one season, and we need to develop these younger players in a winning environment, and we have a very busy off season ahead of us and I can't wait until the draft! So I think we in addition to management need to be patient

There are two guys I was undecided about before the playoffs, who I think should be shown the door:

Matthias - Had flashes here and there, but overall not worth nearly the money he'll be seeking.

Weber - Was the weakest link in the D, and couldn't contribute on the PP with the tougher competition. Couldn't even tie up little Johnny in front of the net on the third goal (you know you're too weak for playoff hockey when...). As an RFA, with the year he had, may get us a decent pick via trade.

I certainly agree with you on matthias. He is a big strong and fast guy. He could have done for us what Ferlund did for the sparks. It pains me to no end to see a big guy like that not willing to dish out the physical play especially in the playoffs.

I'll be surprised if he is back.

unfortunately we will get nothing for him.

Archived