The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will you be cheering for now?

-Vintage Canuck-

Who will you be cheering for now?  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the biased reffing in this series, I will vote for anyone who destroys the Flames. We were cheated out of this game, 6 players on the ice for Ferland's goal, bull goalie interference calls, letting them take a run at our players.

Phlegms are not the underdogs. Having the refs on your side does not make you an underdog.

Every hit that the Ducks lay on the Flames, I will cheer. I would rather an American team win than them.

Yes, I'm pissed.

Reffing did not lose this series for us. Was compete in front of the net, straight and simple. Anyone who doesn't think that, wasn't watching the same series.

Reffing did not lose this series for us. Was compete in front of the net, straight and simple. Anyone who doesn't think that, wasn't watching the same series.

Considering a call was missed on the series winning goal I'd say it played more than a minor impact haha

People who say that the reffing didnt lose this series for us need to understand that the NHL is rigged with "game managers" instead of referees. They literally make it up as they go along.

You can blame our defense as much as you like, but when the ice is tilted against you, no matter of play will change the outcome that the NHL wants.

People who say that the reffing didnt lose this series for us need to understand that the NHL is rigged with "game managers" instead of referees. They literally make it up as they go along.

You can blame our defense as much as you like, but when the ice is tilted against you, no matter of play will change the outcome that the NHL wants.

Then why are you watching?

Okay, so now your conspiracy is that the NHL would rather Calgary wins than Canucks (who contribute far more financially to the league than Calgary)?

I'm guessing that you saw Elvis reffing the game as well, right?

'hawks and Rangers.

Hate Keith's antics, but mad respect for his skill sets. Canucks could sure use a guy with 1/2 the skills of Keith.

Have been a Rangers fan since 1978 when Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nillson left my beloved WHA Winnipeg Jets to the Big Apple...only time I hated them was 1994.

But, I'm more interested in pulling for the Comets to win the Calder Cup...am hoping that Brendan Gaunce, Sven Baertschi, Hunter Shinkaruk, Frank Corrado, and Adam Clendening to emerge as bonafide NHLers with their Calder Cup run so that we can get rid of some of the passengers on the bus.

Well I had 4 teams that I was cheering for going into the playoffs. Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, and Tampa Bay. 3 of the 4 are now eliminated and it's not looking good for Tampa. Guess I'll start cheering for the Rangers. I would love to see AV win the Cup.

Okay, so now your conspiracy is that the NHL would rather Calgary wins than Canucks (who contribute far more financially to the league than Calgary)?

I'm guessing that you saw Elvis reffing the game as well, right?

Its not a conspiracy. Do you really believe that a game where a referee can make "make up" calls, penalise one team for the same thing that they allow the other team to do and let a losing team "catch up" isn't rigged?

Refs have in the past actually come out and said that they do these things. And you still believe?

Considering a call was missed on the series winning goal I'd say it played more than a minor impact haha

If we kept competing harder all through the game, the way we should be, there's never an opportunity for a call that leads to a winning goal.

We BLEW a 3 nothing lead, and we did it at even strength!

Let's see if we can find some other stats that may have contributed to the loss:

Van Cal

Hits: 15 32

Blocked Shots 11 23

Total Shots 22 33

3rd Period shots 6 13

Add it up, we were short on compete level.

Calgary 101

Vancouver: 54

Archived