The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official "Get it off your chest" thread * WHY SBISA?

Gross-Misconduct

would be very interesting to have torts going at hartley in the playoffs... torts wouldn't even play sbisa... or bieska... edler would be in the dog house and the twins would be the 1, 2, 3, and 4th lines...but he wouldn't let the canucks defense get away with all those turnovers...

disagree with richardson and dorsett.

Horvat played the same amount of minutes with lesser line-mates and put up 4pts. Plus he's better on the draw.

Richardson can't be relied on as a shut-down center, or a offensive producer. Not physical at all. Brings no special elements. Need someone like a 2010/11 Lapierre for the 4th line C. Horvat should be 2nd or 3rd line C next year.

Players that gotta go.

Alexander Burrows

Chris Higgins ($2.5)

Derek Dorsett ($2.65)

Shawn Matthias (UFA)

Brad Richardson (UFA)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.6)

Luca Sbisa ($3.6)

Ryan Miller ($6)

Honestly not sure about Burr... everyone else yes, but Burr's grit and heart still make him somewhat worth keeping IMHO. Of course if we could get a decent prospect who can help the team for him then sure, but he's one guy that I'd rather keep as a mentor for the young kids who do come up about playing with effort and grit.

No he didn't.

Though that may be, Weber did very little to assert himself as a nothing more than a depth defenceman in the NHL. For all he did in the regular season (5 G on PP) he sure let go a lot of wet farts over the six games in the playoffs. If Generous Jim offers Weber anything more than a qualifying offer of $893K for one year, I'll be shocked. He was a freakin' deer in the headlights in the playoffs...Sbisa and Bieksa were no better.

Taking a page out of Hartley's playbook, I hope the Canucks organization will have the courage to take a risk and insert Brendan Gaunce, Jake Virtanen and Sven Baertschi into the line up next season.

Dank -- Hank -- Kassian

Baertschi -- Horvat -- Justin Williams (UFA, 3 cups, Conn Smythe, 20G scorer)

Bickell (2 cups) -- Bonino -- Hansen

Virtanen -- Gaunce -- Dorsett

Kenins -- Richardson

Trade: Vrbata (useless in 4 of 6 playoff games); Higgins; Burrows (we could sure use his cap hit); Vey (kid's a fly weight and can't compete in the playoffs).

Walk as Free Agents: Matthias (a boy in a man's body); McMillan (what is he really good at?).

We need kids like Virtanen, Gaunce and Baertschi to be exposed to the Sedins while the Sedins are still near the top of their games.

Taking a page out of Hartley's playbook, I hope the Canucks organization will have the courage to take a risk and insert Brendan Gaunce, Jake Virtanen and Sven Baertschi into the line up next season.

Dank -- Hank -- Kassian

Baertschi -- Horvat -- Justin Williams (UFA, 3 cups, Conn Smythe, 20G scorer)

Bickell (2 cups) -- Bonino -- Hansen

Virtanen -- Gaunce -- Dorsett

Kenins -- Richardson

Trade: Vrbata (useless in 4 of 6 playoff games); Higgins; Burrows (we could sure use his cap hit); Vey (kid's a fly weight and can't compete in the playoffs).

Walk as Free Agents: Matthias (a boy in a man's body); McMillan (what is he really good at?).

We need kids like Virtanen, Gaunce and Baertschi to be exposed to the Sedins while the Sedins are still near the top of their games.

Agreed for the most part, about the risks taken with the kids (esp. Bart and Brendan where you placed them). Not sure it's smart to start Jake on the 4th though. Also, I'd rather add Williams as another option alongside Vrbata rather than replacing him, since Radim's the pure scorer this team still needs for the regular season, whereas Justin is most valuable in the playoffs, and so if we could move some of the big minute weights on the team (Dorsett, Sbisa, Juice, Higgins to a lesser extent) we can probably have both of them. Agreed about everything else though (getting Bickell, losing Vey, Matthias, McMillan...)

I think Bieksa is done. He's been awful for quite some time now. I also really don't think Desjardins is a good coach, but I've felt that way for the majority of the season. He's too slow to react when it comes to lineup changes, and sometimes it costs the team.

Higgins was also a huge disappointment for the majority of the first round. Almost every play died on his stick.

Lucas Pizza and Kevin Bieksa never again together.

Weber gone. Hamhuis trade bait.

Is Bieksa even worth more than a 3rd round pick at best?

Stanton meh. I want Corrado and Clendenning on the team next year.

Edler can be better but is sheltered by Tanev.

Miller can go to the Sharks.

Higgins to Islanders or Rangers.

Richardson walk. Matthias walk.

Rest keep.

Except McMillan.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata

Virtanen-Horvat-Hansen

Dorsett-?-Burrows

Archived