The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official "Get it off your chest" thread * WHY SBISA?

Gross-Misconduct

The only people who really aren't playing well are Sbisa and Bieksa. Miller is just meh. Sbisa's contract makes him un-tradeable, Juice has a NTC. Miller might be tradeable, but even his contract is a bit much.

As for priorities, getting the defenseman Edler should have become. Big, strong, good shot, good defense.

I don't often complain about refereeing but that goalie interference call on McMillan was a joke.

Of course, the team could've played better and should've killed the penalty but that call is the reason why NHL will never be taken seriously in the world of sports.

No other league has so called game management where the referees purposefully let things go or making up calls at critical times to even up a mistake earlier and etc. It's one thing to miss a call and the whole another to do a game management.

Though that may be, Weber did very little to assert himself as a nothing more than a depth defenceman in the NHL. For all he did in the regular season (5 G on PP) he sure let go a lot of wet farts over the six games in the playoffs. If Generous Jim offers Weber anything more than a qualifying offer of $893K for one year, I'll be shocked. He was a freakin' deer in the headlights in the playoffs...Sbisa and Bieksa were no better.

He's not supposed to be a top 4 PPQB. It's not his fault he faces tougher minutes than he should. It was our complete lack of defence that ultimately lost us the series. Why JB didn't aquire a top 4 dman at thr deadline is completely bewildering. Trading away Garrison and using the pick to get Vey is looking like a worse and worse move by the day.

I don't often complain about refereeing but that goalie interference call on McMillan was a joke.

Of course, the team could've played better and should've killed the penalty but that call is the reason why NHL will never be taken seriously in the world of sports.

No other league has so called game management where the referees purposefully let things go or making up calls at critical times to even up a mistake earlier and etc. It's one thing to miss a call and the whole another to do a game management.

The call wasn't great IMO, but I don't have a problem with how the game was called as a whole. The penalties were pretty even, and both teams got away with some obvious stuff (I still can't believe Vrbata got away with that blatant crosscheck :lol:). Blowing a 3-0 lead AND a 4-3 lead falls entirely on the Canucks, not the refs.

How much upside is there in Sbisa, really? He's played 342 games in the NHL now and he's 25. I know d men typically take longer to develop but by this point in his career I feel like he's more or less "what you see is what you get". He shows flashes of being a very solid player but he's also plagued by wild inconsistency and very questionable decision-making. Watching him with the puck is like watching him play a game of hot potato with a hand grenade at times.

There is none. He sucks ass.

You could put smithers joe on left d and he'd provide more stable defending than Sbisa.

I think JB needs to explore the idea of having desiboy on the blue line. The guy seems supremely knowledgeable and brings a level of confidence and self-assuredness (don't think that's a word) we haven't seen in a long time.

How many times can Edler throw the puck up the middle and give Calgary an odd man rush resulting in a goal... Saw it at least 4 times in games 3 & 6 combined. Edler is the nightmare that causes this team to lose. He needs to be bought out. If Tanev didn't shelter him this year, it would have been another -36 season.

Vrbata did not shoot enough

Twins did not play enough

Dorsett, Hamhuis, Bieksa, ...who am I kidding the entire team did not hit enough :(

How many give aways in the last 2 games ???

Poor Lack n Miller with almost no D to speak of they had to weather the constant storm.

WE need way more size and way more speed. Hope to see some more Rook's playing next year

That being said we all knew this team was past expiry. The fact we made the playoffs is not to be taken lightly. The valuable experience WD, BOHO, Lack, and the Wrecking ball that is RK41 gained from this year will be huge in the coming seasons.

It is losing to the fLAMES that hurts the most, but they do deserve a fecal tonne of credit. Hartley has turned that team into hungry hounds.

Vrbata did not shoot enough

Twins did not play enough

Dorsett, Hamhuis, Bieksa, ...who am I kidding the entire team did not hit enough :(

How many give aways in the last 2 games ???

Poor Lack n Miller with almost no D to speak of they had to weather the constant storm.

WE need way more size and way more speed. Hope to see some more Rook's playing next year

That being said we all knew this team was past expiry. The fact we made the playoffs is not to be taken lightly. The valuable experience WD, BOHO, Lack, and the Wrecking ball that is RK41 gained from this year will be huge in the coming seasons.

It is losing to the fLAMES that hurts the most, but they do deserve a fecal tonne of credit. Hartley has turned that team into hungry hounds.

Im in line with this. What I saw was a total team collapse. No way one or two players can take the blame for this 1st rd exit.

Sbisa played horribly but if the Canucks were truly a contending team, they would of made up for his mistakes...and there were LOTS of Sbisa f ups.

I'll be Capt. Obvious here, but the Sedins are past their prime and can no longer carry this team as 1st line players. And I can see no way that a 1st line can be put together with them on the team considering salary cap and the fact that the Canucks never finish high enuff to get a 1st line forward.

Team for next year:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Virtanen-Horvat-Vrbata

Baertschi-Bonino-Burrows

Dorsett-Slater-Hansen

Kennins

Edler-Ehrhoff

Sbisa-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Clendening

Lack

Harding

Let Richardson and Matthias walk,

Sign Slater who brings some grit and can win draws

Trade Vey and Higgins for picks.

Sign Ehrhoff and put him back with Edler

Let Tanev babysit Sbisa like he did Edler.

Flip Miller for picks and sign a guy like Harding who can split time with Lack and save some cash.

Team for next year:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Virtanen-Horvat-Vrbata

Baertschi-Bonino-Burrows

Dorsett-Slater-Hansen

Kennins

Edler-Ehrhoff

Sbisa-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Clendening

Lack

Harding

Let Richardson and Matthias walk,

Sign Slater who brings some grit and can win draws

Trade Vey and Higgins for picks.

Sign Ehrhoff and put him back with Edler

Let Tanev babysit Sbisa like he did Edler.

Flip Miller for picks and sign a guy like Harding who can split time with Lack and save some cash.

We are going no where again if Sedin-Sedin-Kassian is our first line.

If Kassian isn't moved this summer, he can be an effective 3rd liner. Thats it.

Archived