The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What does it take to pry Seth Jones away from Nashville?

I can say for everyone that our defence is not that great after the series against the flames. I am guessing the only thing we can do is trade for a defenceman. But proven defenceman are expensive so the next best thing is to trade for unproven but high potential defenceman.

Where can we find such high potential defenceman you ask? Well just look at Nashville they have one by the name of Seth Jones. Everyone has forgotten about Seth Jones because he fell the number 4 in his draft class. However, Seth Jones is still an impact player and an elite one too. Just look at his World Junior games and you can see how he steps up in clutch situations.

Trade for this guy because he is the type of player you want as your number one D man.

I'd trade Bonino, Vrbata, Jensen, Kenins, and maybe even a third our fourth round pick to pry Seth Jones away from Nashville.

I can say for everyone that our defence is not that great after the series against the flames. I am guessing the only thing we can do is trade for a defenceman. But proven defenceman are expensive so the next best thing is to trade for unproven but high potential defenceman.

Where can we find such high potential defenceman you ask? Well just look at Nashville they have one by the name of Seth Jones. Everyone has forgotten about Seth Jones because he fell the number 4 in his draft class. However, Seth Jones is still an impact player and an elite one too. Just look at his World Junior games and you can see how he steps up in clutch situations.

Trade for this guy because he is the type of player you want as your number one D man.

I'd trade Bonino, Vrbata, Jensen, Kenins, and maybe even a third our fourth round pick to pry Seth Jones away from Nashville.

I hate stupid people who think trading a bunch of average people equates to a potential superstar. No, people like Jones are not quantifiable. It is like saying you'd trade the entire bottom six plus the bottom two pairings for McDavid.

I bet you would.

You won't get Jones for junk.

You could offer Horvat, Tanev and the Canucks next two 1st round picks and they would pass.

Nashville would just laugh at you.

not worth it

How so? Bonino is never going to a 2nd liner, Kenins will be career third liner. Jensen is one dimensional and doubtful of being in the NHL and has only potential on his side. Conacher is somewhat proven but needs consistency in NHL. The only unknown is the third pick and Baertchi who may or may not be a NHLer. All of this compared to Seth Jones who will definitely become a Top 2 defenceman in the NHL.

Archived