The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to get over this depression of the seasons end

Sunny604

anyone feel like I do? Maybe I got some issues but i feel really depressed. I don't feel like doing anything fun cause this loss just sucks. I don't care about next year cause it's too far away. I know this isn't normal. I know time heals but how do any of you guys/girls cope with the this sinking feeling? I don't want to watch hockey anymore for a long time that's for sure. Maybe I'll take up the guitar or something. I know this feeling will pass in a few weeks but right now it's just really really sucks

I think the feeling of depression is amplified by the fact the Canucks were up 3-0 and blew it, so typical of this team to choke in the playoffs. Yet again we were the higher seed and lost in the first round. We'll never win a cup with the Sedins, as much as we all like them.

Remind yourself it's just a game and there's a lot more to life. Also remember that the Canucks weren't supposed to even be in the playoffs this year. This is nothing compared to the feeling after the 2011, 2012 and 2013 playoff exits.

Honestly I'm not that sad they're out, just bitter that it was to cowtown.

I'm not going to lie. I'm more down this year than I was last year. I had higher expectations this year after our records against top tier teams and for us to fall like we did against the flames of all teams. Doesn't feel good. Bo Horvat however was the diamond in the rough of this year which makes me feel excited for the future. I'll/we'll get over it in a couple of days.

Yep, just a game. At least they showed up for Game 6, not like they did for game 4, or the infamous game 7 a few years ago.

I thought it was quite an entertaining game, execpt when Cgy scored, and up until they scored the empty netter. At least they had chances in the third, just didn't bury them like cgy did. I rather seem they go out like that vs going quietly in a game that has been already lost in the first or second period. Too few shots this game, and too few hits. Dorsett, Kenins, where were you this series, except for game 2.

A bit tougher to take because they were up 3-0 and 4-3 until the refs decided to make a call, but I seen a lot of good things from the young players this year, some that played in this series and some that did not. Besides Bo 3 or 4 other players that could make a big difference next year. Players with some energy and grit. I used to have depression, just have to look on the bright side. Glass is half full not half empty. Concentrate on the positves and forget the negatives.

Remind yourself it's just a game and there's a lot more to life. Also remember that the Canucks weren't supposed to even be in the playoffs this year. This is nothing compared to the feeling after the 2011, 2012 and 2013 playoff exits.

Honestly I'm not that sad they're out, just bitter that it was to cowtown.

It isn't just a game. I work hard and live properly partly so that I can sit down and enjoy the spectacle of my home team playing hockey. I got so drunk last night that I puked. Then I layed there on the floor. Absolutely defeated

You will be over it by the end of the day, stop being a baby. This was quite pathetic to read considering all of the problems many people have to deal with on a day to day basis

That is garbage. It could always be worse. What is your point? Lots of ppl live their life properly, so that they can sit down at the end of the day in their living room to watch their team. To see it all go up in flames like it did last night is depressing.

anyone feel like I do? Maybe I got some issues but i feel really depressed. I don't feel like doing anything fun cause this loss just sucks. I don't care about next year cause it's too far away. I know this isn't normal. I know time heals but how do any of you guys/girls cope with the this sinking feeling? I don't want to watch hockey anymore for a long time that's for sure. Maybe I'll take up the guitar or something. I know this feeling will pass in a few weeks but right now it's just really really sucks

You live in the most unhappiest city in Canada. But blame hockey of you will...

I'm not depressed, nothing like it.

For me this season has confirmed to me that Willie and JB are going to turn the Canucks into a powerhouse team in the next 3 years and they will be exciting, just like this year was exciting.

It will also be great to see who JB moves and takes in the Draft.

What is there to be depressed about. THIS IS SPORT not to be confused with real life disasters and tragedies.

I'm not depressed, nothing like it.

For me this season has confirmed to me that Willie and JB are going to turn the Canucks into a powerhouse team in the next 3 years and they will be exciting, just like this year was exciting.

It will also be great to see who JB moves and takes in the Draft.

What is there to be depressed about. THIS IS SPORT not to be confused with real life disasters and tragedies.

We were almost playing with house money this year. But whether we are underdogs or Presidents trophy winners, we exit the same way. Thats the part that sucks.

I was upset, then shocked and then angry, but now I'm just over it. It's not like we have a legit cup contending team like in 2011 and we went out in the first round. We werent even supposed to make the playoffs and really if we managed to get past cowtown we'd realistically most likely get absolutely destroyed by Anaheim. So really all we lost out on was a potential few more games

Live your lives, people.

Sports are not life, they are a diversion from it. Keep them in their proper place.

The Canucks have had their season end 43 times before in disappointment, and this is just one more. It's not something we're not used to.

Today, I'm going to the gym, heading for a stroll and browse down Commercial Drive and will watch whatever playoff game is on later.

I was disappointed with the Canucks' play in this series overall (entirely disgusted with the game 3 & 4 non-efforts), but now it's over and the disappointment fades away.

The modern world provides us with many diversions, it's just time to pick up a new one for a while. No big deal.

Geez, if some feel depressed think about the player and coaches, etc. Hopefully the players have re-learned a lesson that it takes a consistent, extra effort to win in the post season. And hopefully next year the team will provide an opportunity for our best prospects to join the team. Now we can enjoy watching Kesler help destroy the Flames.

How to get over this seasons depression: suck it up, realize we did better than most people thought we would and regroup for next season. Bo Horvat is a beast and the heart and soul of this team. Literally the only player to go on and end to end rush and have it somewhat successful without scoring a goal. Can't wait for next year.

oh man this team... we are complete and utter chokes. This is the kind of game that will be remembered for decades.

My advice is to have a number 2 team preferably one that is actually good and does not have a history of choking. I'm a pretty big Habs fan so when the Canucks inevitably disappoint, I know I have a backup team

Archived