The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 List of UFA's and RFA's

Corrado Clendinning Mcquaid/Irwin/Bartkowski for Weber and either Bieksa/Hamhuis (deal both if we can get Franson)

Markstrom O'Connor for Miller

Baertschi Matthias for Higgins Richardson

Two of Jensen Shinkaruk Gaunce Virtanen McCann make team

Give Tryamkin a long look

Linden Vey train with Gary Roberts

Zack Kassian train with Trevor Linden

Trade for a young second liner with size like Hayes, Lowry, Killorn

Sign one of Ward Glencross Stewart Beleskey Fehr Stafford Santorelli Letestu Winnik

Undo the Dale Weise trade

See if Sanguinetti would come back... Give him a real shot next year

Bring over a euro star. One decent aged guy ripping up the Swiss league

Kovar brothers from KHL. Kovalchuk or Radulov

Realistic targets for around 3 mil. Letestu Fehr Winnik Downie Comeau Santorelli Glencross Matthias

Once Green gets 7 and Franson 6.5, try getting Michalek for 5. If not, Mcquaid 4 or Bartkowski/Irwin 3.5. Petry and Oduya will get 4.5+ Wonder what Beleskey camp wants

I think Bieksa/Hamhuis can get us a higher return at deadline. Hamhuis 1st for sure. If Bieksa can get us a top 50 pick now, I say we do it. Keep hammer with Sbisa til one of Corrado or Clendinning is ready for 22 mins.

For Miller, take what you can. Much better and cheaper options available elsewhere

Dubnyk Hammond UFA's

Talbot Jones Lehner Fucale Subban young options

Anderson Niemi Howard Ward Lehtonen Elliott will all get more attention then Miller

If we can get an underacheiving prospect out of Dallas or SJ, do it. Faksa or Hertl for Miller+prospect

Itd be nice to start the year with Lack Markstrom and O'Connor. Demko in 2 seasons

UFA list isn't as deep as most years but it still has some pretty valuable players. I really think we should make a strong push for Green if we can't get a D man through trade.

Is Green good defensively? or is that a mute point as paired with either Tanev or Hammer he'll be the offense....?

Matt Beleskey is a tantalizing option for the Canucks.

He's a gritty guy who loves to get in on the forecheck and create havoc in front of the net.

Perhaps move out Higgins, Richie, and Matthias for draft picks and bring in Beleskey?

Can't do too much, because the Canucks' young guns will be pushing for spots as well. To be able to sign a guy like Beleskey who can score and get into the game easily - without having to give up anything - should be a thing that entices the Canucks. Very Dorsett-like.

We seem to have no young guns on defencse at this point. This is a problem.

There doesn't seem to be much on the UFA list worth pursuing on D for the Canucks - this assumes that the potential UFAs will want too much cash....

Anyone see Garrison bury in Detroit this evening.... Grrrrr.....

Ehrhoff, Christian PIT D UFA 4,000,000 - could come home win win a cup :rolleyes:

Franson, Cody NAS D UFA 3,300,000 - people seem to like; smells like a Leaf though

Williams, Justin LA RW UFA 3,050,000 - Sedin, Sedin, Williams?

Ward, Joel WAS RW UFA 3,000,000 - hmmmm

Oduya, Johnny CHI D UFA 2,825,000 - add to the Swedish vibe? <_<

Matthias, Shawn VAN C UFA 1,850,000 - can't see anyone paying him 4.0000

McQuaid, Adam BOS D UFA 1,800,000 - love to have a punch you in the face guy

Sekera, Andrej LA D UFA 1,750,000 - sounds soft, but PMD?

Beleskey, Matt ANA LW UFA 1,400,000 - the guy is an animal (see Muppets)

Bartkowski, Matt BOS D UFA 1,250,000 - Calgary wanted him for Iginla???

Irwin, Matt SJ D UFA 1,100,000 - Local fella, make the game at Panorama fun...

Soderberg, Carl BOS C UFA 1,000,000 - is 30, but a beast for Bruins

Dubnyk, Devan MIN G UFA 800,000 - Wow, quite the deal there

Comeau, Blake PIT LW UFA 700,000 - Guy can bury, good depth?....

Pardy, Adam WIN D UFA 700,000 - solid, and a member of the all-party team (bob beers, clayton stoner, etc...)

McBain, Jamie LA D UFA 550,000 - I liked what I saw (would LA let him go?)

Newbury, Kris WAS C UFA 550,000 - Don Cherry just soiled his underpants....

Ehrhoff, Christian PIT D UFA 4,000,000 - could come home win win a cup :rolleyes:

Franson, Cody NAS D UFA 3,300,000 - people seem to like; smells like a Leaf though

Williams, Justin LA RW UFA 3,050,000 - Sedin, Sedin, Williams?

Ward, Joel WAS RW UFA 3,000,000 - hmmmm

Oduya, Johnny CHI D UFA 2,825,000 - add to the Swedish vibe? <_<

Matthias, Shawn VAN C UFA 1,850,000 - can't see anyone paying him 4.0000

McQuaid, Adam BOS D UFA 1,800,000 - love to have a punch you in the face guy

Sekera, Andrej LA D UFA 1,750,000 - sounds soft, but PMD?

Beleskey, Matt ANA LW UFA 1,400,000 - the guy is an animal (see Muppets)

Bartkowski, Matt BOS D UFA 1,250,000 - Calgary wanted him for Iginla???

Irwin, Matt SJ D UFA 1,100,000 - Local fella, make the game at Panorama fun...

Soderberg, Carl BOS C UFA 1,000,000 - is 30, but a beast for Bruins

Dubnyk, Devan MIN G UFA 800,000 - Wow, quite the deal there

Comeau, Blake PIT LW UFA 700,000 - Guy can bury, good depth?....

Pardy, Adam WIN D UFA 700,000 - solid, and a member of the all-party team (bob beers, clayton stoner, etc...)

McBain, Jamie LA D UFA 550,000 - I liked what I saw (would LA let him go?)

Newbury, Kris WAS C UFA 550,000 - Don Cherry just soiled his underpants....

Calgary wanted him for Iginla? JB and Chiarelli love him too. What am I missing? I just dont see it. Id take Mcquaid over him anyday. Man I wish Boychuk was UFA. I'd offer him 7 for sure. Carlson too.

Ward and Williams would be awesome, but we might be better off giving the ice time to Kassian and Baertschi. Clendinning on D as well. Markstrom over Miller too. Gotta make it worth dealing Hodgson 2nd Forsling Luongo

From the UFA list, I'd want:

Cody Franson (5 years, $25m, $5m annual cap hit, full NTC to lower cap hit)

Johnny Oduya (3 years, $12.6m, $4.2m annual cap hit, relieve the pressure on Hamhuis)

Bobby Sanguinetti (2 years, $1.5m, $0.75m annual cap hit, to lead the Comets and be first call-up)

Matt Beleskey (3 years, $7.5m, $2.5m annual cap hit, put him with Horvat on L3)

But to do these, we'd need to lose something like Miller + Bieksa, or Hamhuis + Burrows. I'd be down for losing Miller + Bieksa, bringing in Franson and Markstrom, then spending the remainder on Oduya to allow us to waive Sbisa. But that's never happening...

The RFA list is tasty, so many names I'd love: Stepan, Boedker, Hagelin, Wilson, Smith, Nyquist, Galchenyuk, Tarasenko, Hamilton, Huberdeau...about 40 or so young stars on there I'd pay a lot for.

I think Soderberg would be a good fit with Vrbata on the second line. Good size, playmaking center, decent two-way ability. 2 years, 4.5 million per? Not too sure what we need to clear out for salary. Probably move Higgins if we can?

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baertschi Soderberg Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Dorsett

Kenins Horvat Hansen

Spare: Vey

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

Sbisa Clendening/Corrado

I think James Sheppard could be a nice replacement for Richardson, if he decides to walk.

He's young, fast, gritty, loves to hit, and could be relatively cheap on the open market.

Get'er done Benning.

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to see A. Pardy and Green come aboard. Skill and toughness/size.

Green will demand high dollars on open market...Pardy should be reasonable.

Tough decisions...Going to have to move someone and take picks in return to free up some space to acquire Green.

I think Green has only ever played one full season...but even if he only plays 65-75 games I think the pros outweigh the cons.

Pardy is big and hard to move, stay at home guy, we could use.

Archived