The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are there any realistic trade targets for a future #1 C ?

nickels555

Just curious what it would take to acquire a legitimate #1 future C.

Like a Ryan Johansen...what realistically would we have to give up ?

McCann,Virtanen and a 1st ?

Bonino (great cap hit for some team), Virtanen, Demko and 1st enough ?

Just curious what people thought. Someone in the 22-25 year old range.

If this team could target 1 player, i think this would have to be it. Play behind Sedin for a year, then maybe be #1 Horvat #2 and Sedins to 3rd line

What would it take to get Reinhart out of Buffalo w/Eichel on the horizon ?

Horvat 50-60 point player

McCann 60-70 point player

Cassels 30-40 point player

(can be Gaunce or free agent)

I don't think we need a first line centre as our first need. We need a stud-dman.

You got

Edler-Tanev (for the next 5 years)

Sbisa(for the next 3)-Corrado

Hutton-Subban/Clendenning

then you still have our Russians Pedan and Tryamkin who still need spots

Player development is the way to go!
we have a number of centres in our prospect pool who could develop into the #1 centre.
As important as high draft rank is, players have been known to both over & under preform their projected potential.
next year we could have Shinkaruk-Horvat-Virtanan play lights out and rise to 1st line production.
Trading should be to fill holes you trade from a position of strength and wealth for positional needs, like Defence!!!

I don't think we'll have a #1 center in the future. I think we'll have a St.Louis type of centre core where you have 4 solid centers throughout the lineup, but no high-scoring star center.

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen = Steen-Backes-Oshie?

Not completely illogical. But keep in mind Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko is like a 1B line. I would KILL to have St. Louis's forward depth.

Just curious what it would take to acquire a legitimate #1 future C.

Like a Ryan Johansen...what realistically would we have to give up ?

McCann,Virtanen and a 1st ?

Bonino (great cap hit for some team), Virtanen, Demko and 1st enough ?

Just curious what people thought. Someone in the 22-25 year old range.

If this team could target 1 player, i think this would have to be it. Play behind Sedin for a year, then maybe be #1 Horvat #2 and Sedins to 3rd line

What would it take to get Reinhart out of Buffalo w/Eichel on the horizon ?

Not willing to give too much of our future up. Henrick id a good #1 centre I think what lacked this season was the Sedins back up. The 2nd line was terrible. I'd like to see Kassian with the sedins to start the year with Bo centering virbata and Sven on the second and its time to bring in the youth so as we dont fall behind with the rest of the conference that means Bonino centering Virtanin and Hansen on the 3rd and Cassels centering Dorsset and Kenis with Mcann and Vey on the side. Bringing our youth along now is important with Edmonton, Calgary Dallas and Colorado all growing there youth and ready to take charge of the western conference.

Just time for a proper rebuild, Get rid of the dead weight and build whiten, No way you can acquire a marquee player with out giving up too much these days...

Bieska, Hamhuis, Higgins, Mathius, all must go. Use the money to bring in serious D- Man along with Corrado to improve our D and continue to progress.

Archived