The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are there any realistic trade targets for a future #1 C ?

nickels555

I'd rather see what it would take to get that third pick out of the Coyotes so we could grab Hanifin.

We need to be re-building from the back end and he's the type of player that is so hard to find if you don't draft one.

The most realistic chance I see of us getting a 1C is if we trade a combination of: Kassian, 23 overall + Gaunce/Jensen/Cassels/Corrado/Markstrom to NJ for the 6th overall pick and drafting Barzal. He has 1C potential and we would likely not have to pay too high of a price because it is still a risk.

There are no quick fixes. Build properly thru the draft and supplement top end draftes via trades and FA signings.

Agreed, but after the Sbisa contract I have lost some faith in JB. And the Dorsett deal was also an overpayment, as was the Miller contract at 6 million. Frankly, even the 5 million paid to Vrbata was high end at the time, but he exceeded expectations with the result that the cap hit of 5M looks pretty good.

I wouldn't trade for one since we have Horvat, McCann, Gaunce, waiting in the wings for their opportunities to shine in the big boy league. If there's one that shines out in free agency I'd go for him. I'd personally offer Tarasenko a offer sheet and see if he bites. Other than that, most of our issues will be addressed draft day.

Archived