The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Draft Magic to Get Barzal

To Edmonton:

Edler

To Canucks:

16 overall pick

Edmonton badly needs a young defenseman, and there 16th pick is expendable as they have the 1st and 31st, only thing would be to convince Edler to waive

To Phi:

16th overall

23rd Overall

To Van:

7th Overall

Might need to add something else to make this deal go through but this seems reasonable considering its deep draft

Draft Barzal with the 7th pick

i wouldn't want barzal at 16th, never mind at 7th. talk about wasting a draft pick with so much better talent left on the board.

He's rated much higher in NHL15, which is where it seems like this trade may have been created.

Edmonton badly needs a young defenseman, and there 16th pick is expendable as they have the 1st and 31st, only thing would be to convince Edler to waive

Unless they have traded with Buffalo, they wouldn't have the 31st pick. The lottery only affects the first round, not all the subsequent rounds.

So Edler and our first for another Center Prospect?? Horvat, McCann Gaunce. Why do we need to add Barzal??

Also the fact Edmonton sucks on D i think just trading Edler and our First to them would get us Draisaitl which is a way better option than Barzal

Barzal is rated like 11-13 range. taking him with the 7th overall would be stupid while both Crowse and Rantanen were still available.

Do you actually think Crouse is better than Barzal? Or was that a joke?

I think he will go 6th, 7th or 8th. If we somehow got the 6th pick from NJ - I would take Barzal.

Do you actually think Crouse is better than Barzal? Or was that a joke?

I think he will go 6th, 7th or 8th. If we somehow got the 6th pick from NJ - I would take Barzal.

i'd be extremely surprised if barzal went in the first half of the first round.

Interesting, I thought everyone had him as a consensus top 10 lock.

then either "everyone" will be suprised at "how far he slid" or they just don't pay attention. Hell the ISS doesn't even have him in the top 10 North American Skaters.

2015 DRAFT PROSPECTS - NORTH AMERICAN SKATERS

Final Rank	Midterm Rank	Player			Position	Last Amateur Club	League
1		1		McDavid, Connor		Center		Erie			OHL
2		2		Eichel, Jack		Center		Boston University	H-EAST
3		3		Hanifin, Noah		Defenseman	Boston College		H-EAST
4		5		Strome, Dylan		Center		Erie			OHL
5		4		Crouse, Lawson		Left Wing	Kingston		OHL
6		7		Marner, Mitchell	Center		London			OHL
7		10		Provorov, Ivan		Defenseman	Brandon			WHL
8		8		Zacha, Pavel		Center		Sarnia			OHL
9		6		Werenski, Zachary	Defenseman	U Michigan		BIG10
10		12		Meier, Timo		Right Wing	Halifax			QMJHL
11		9		Barzal, Mathew		Center		Seattle			WHL

then either "everyone" will be suprised at "how far he slid" or they just don't pay attention. Hell the ISS doesn't even have him in the top 10 North American Skaters.

I obviously disagree with those rankings. I just find it difficult to think teams would see more value in Zacha or Crouse or Meier or Rantanen. Perhaps one or maybe even two of those guys go higher but not all four.

Barzal put up 1.3 PPG on a pretty lousy team while have a very difficult knee injury half way through the season. He has an absolute ton of potential and he has proven more than the aforementioned guys at the junior level. Some teams may be duped into picking Zacha or Crouse because of their size but I find it near impossible to see Barzal sliding out of the top ten (nevermind the top 15).

I really hope Benning can move up and take him. He would be our first prospect since the Henrik to have legitimate first line center potential.

Archived