The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dan Hamhuis and Nick Bonino playing at the World Championships

-Vintage Canuck-

Heard about Bonino yesterday and have to admit I was a little disappointed. Not that he's going, since I'm happy he's getting a chance to represent his country and wish him the best. But more concerned that this basically proves that he wasn't playing hurt down the stretch and through the playoffs. I was kind of hoping that he'd been dealing with a nagging injury that would explain his drop-off in performance.

EDIT: LOL. Obviously others share the same concerns (see above).

Why is Hamhuis playing? Didn't he literally say he won't be 100% until the summer (because he chose to rehab his groin instead of surgery)??

Hamhuis was awful near the end of the season (not playoffs, regular season), please, just sit at home and rest instead of playing in this meaningless tournament..

I know it's a little selfish but man i would much rather he just like have the groin surgery now and just recover for the next 4 months if that brings him back to 100%.. I dont want to see another 80% Hamhuis.

Nick Bonino wasn't hurt? Wow major under performance in playoffs . I thought he was hurt from his really slow skating. Good for hammer tho.

Have to agree...I watched this guys skating closely in game 6...I was mind blown..John Scott skates better than Bonino..Im serious..he looked like he was skating in quicksand.

Hamhuis not injured? Thought forsure that was his excuse for his horrible play, wow he's just that bad now I guess brutal.

Hammer won a gold medal at the olympics already and still suits up for Team Canada at the worlds the next year. He is a trooper and a hockey hero in every sense of the word.

Is anyone going to this? I have tickets for the France game and Austria. My first time seeing team Canada! I'm pretty stoked the Hammer is going to be there. I was so close to ordering his team Canada jersey!! Not sure if I want to splurge on gold medal tickets if the boys make it. That is a strong if. But I like our team this year. Let me know if you are going, it would be nice to talk hockey with Canadians! Czechs only care about Czech NHL players and the local league.

Hamhuis not injured? Thought forsure that was his excuse for his horrible play, wow he's just that bad now I guess brutal.

Hamhuis' play was not in any way horrible. What was horrible was the play of the d-man that he was most often paired with.

Archived