The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dan Hamhuis and Nick Bonino playing at the World Championships

-Vintage Canuck-

wow the fact that hamhuis wasnt playing injured tells me that we need to ship him out or buy him out what a bum he was this yr making 4.5 mill and you score one goal all yr and are a turnover machine brutal

Our whole team is a bunch of bums by those standards. Ship the Sedins out for picks while you're at it

Didnt think Bonino looked that bad apart from game 3 and 4. It's not his fault that Higgins and Vrbata took their time only to dump the puck in from the half wall

Bonino played ok for them putting him into the 2nd line position, when he should be a good 3rd line center. At his 1.9 million cap hit , you can justify placing him in that hole and give 2nd line to Horvat. Imagine this kid with another summer to train. Love McCann but hes 2 years away in my eyes.

Hamhuis led this team's defencemen in assists and even-strength points per 60 and yet he sucks offensively. Hamhuis' most common partners this season were Yannick Weber and Luca Sbisa and yet he sucks defensively.

People see mistakes yet every defeceman he played more than a game with (Corrado, Bieksa, Weber) had better on-ice shot attempt differentials when paired with Hamhuis than without. Only exception was Sbisa who played on his off side when paired with Hamhuis.

Hamhuis had a 52.2% SAT differential while playing without Sbisa, and a 45.5% differential while playing with Sbisa. Yet somehow it's Hamhuis who sucks.

good experience for Bonino...bigger ice will force him to improve his skating

Improving his skating just a little bit would make him a drastically better Hockey player, maybe a legit 2nd line player. What i dont understand is that if Horvat can turn his skating abilities from "slow" and "he won't be an NHL player" to "My God, that kids got wheels" in a matter of months... why can't Bonino?

Our whole team is a bunch of bums by those standards. Ship the Sedins out for picks while you're at it

im down keep 2 mill cap space on each sedin and trade their soft euro asses out isles or leafs could give us a few pieces for future and theyd help then get deeper in playoffs

im down keep 2 mill cap space on each sedin and trade their soft euro asses out isles or leafs could give us a few pieces for future and theyd help then get deeper in playoff

I laughed so hard when I saw this, that I actually had to make a post. Congratulations sir!

Hamhuis led this team's defencemen in assists and even-strength points per 60 and yet he sucks offensively. Hamhuis' most common partners this season were Yannick Weber and Luca Sbisa and yet he sucks defensively.

People see mistakes yet every defeceman he played more than a game with (Corrado, Bieksa, Weber) had better on-ice shot attempt differentials when paired with Hamhuis than without. Only exception was Sbisa who played on his off side when paired with Hamhuis.

Hamhuis had a 52.2% SAT differential while playing without Sbisa, and a 45.5% differential while playing with Sbisa. Yet somehow it's Hamhuis who sucks.

Wow Sbisa only has one off side - I didn't think either side was up to much.

Taking the puck from Hamhuis is a rather easy task these days. Him and his "great skating" gets chased down in the neutral zone to be stripped on a regular basis. Any kind of pressure, and he bobbles the puck right out infront of his own net. Weber was bad in the playoffs, but a lot of the mistakes between the 2 in that series started with Hamhuis, especially game 6.

Hamhuis' play was not in any way horrible. What was horrible was the play of the d-man that he was most often paired with.

I beg to differ, everytime he went into a battle for the puck behind the net he shyed away from any contact, this is why I figured he was hurt this is not the Hamhuis I remember. But finding out he was not hurt, and he's shying away from any contact with another player behind your own goal, I'm sorry but that's just not acceptable when you a D man.

Archived