The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Dan Hamhuis and Nick Bonino playing at the World Championships

-Vintage Canuck-

Hammer won a gold medal at the olympics already and still suits up for Team Canada at the worlds the next year. He is a trooper and a hockey hero in every sense of the word.

Wow let that one go already....You state that like he was the MAIN factor that we won gold lol

I beg to differ, everytime he went into a battle for the puck behind the net he shyed away from any contact, this is why I figured he was hurt this is not the Hamhuis I remember. But finding out he was not hurt, and he's shying away from any contact with another player behind your own goal, I'm sorry but that's just not acceptable when you a D man.

Fair enough, I understand your point. These are good observations that go beyond the usual "he doesn't score or fight anyone" types of arguments that often seem to prevail.

I still feel he played a good all around game and battled hard but there were many other passengers on the roster that left the d-men fairly vulnerable.

Why do you guys care that Bonino is slow? There are slow players in the league.

He scored at a 43 point pace while being our best defensive forward (proven by stats), despite his skating deficiencies. Doesn't that say a lot about his skill?

I really wish people would stop hating on him. He has played better than he should have been expected to, and is very valuable to the team.

43 point pace is just 4 less than Ryan Kesler, who is considered to be one of the best 2Cs in the league. So stop bashing him.

Archived