The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Player Media Availability Videos/Discussion

Zuongo

Not sure if these have been posted..? I know we have a few threads with bits and pieces of what was said. Otherwise mods delete thread :) , Otherwise Interesting to see the players thoughts and reflect on the season.

Edit: Added Benning, Linden, Willie Presser

Carefully coached on what to say and not to say. Which is expected.

What I found odd was the Sedins and Burrows talking about the importance of young players coming up while Bieksa is saying young players aren't always the answer. Seems like a big disconnect. Although Bieksa came across very protectionist about maintaining the status quo. The other vets were much more accepting that changes need to happen toovr forward and that getting younger I players contributing is a big part of that.

What I found odd was the Sedins and Burrows talking about the importance of young players coming up while Bieksa is saying young players aren't always the answer. Seems like a big disconnect. Although Bieksa came across very protectionist about maintaining the status quo. The other vets were much more accepting that changes need to happen toovr forward and that getting younger I players contributing is a big part of that.

juice needs to go

LOL. I guess the Sedins know that no young player threatens their job, at least for the next 3 years whereas Bieksa knows his job is on the line.

Well, I guess they are both right. Young players aren't always the answer especially on defence, where every mistake you make gets magnified. But if they are able to come in and contribute, they will really make big difference just like Horvat did this season.

LOL. I guess the Sedins know that no young player threatens their job, at least for the next 3 years whereas Bieksa knows his job is on the line.

Well, I guess they are both right. Young players aren't always the answer especially on defence, where every mistake you make gets magnified. But if they are able to come in and contribute, they will really make big difference just like Horvat did this season.

No young dman could make any more or worse defensive mistakes than Bieksa does though. For a fraction of the cap hit.

Bieksa is looking out for Bieksa in how he came across there. That is why this team will go nowhere with leadership like that.

I agree with you, but the Sedins both qualified those statements with a heavy emphasis on the young players being good enough. Like they like the idea of younger players, but they're not quite trusting it yet.

You guys try to pick at every little thing. Sedins specifically said they don't want young players for the sake of having young players. They said that the young players better be good, and Bieksa said that the team could use a mix of vets and should not infuse young players just for the sake of it. Bieksa is a huge leader in the room.

What shocked me today was the amount of players who are in it for themselves, and I can't believe you guys think Bieksa is one of them. These players include Matthias, he needs to GTFO his real character came through today, absolutely garbage. Weber is another one of those journeyman players who had his moment and needs to go, similar to the likes of Rome or Diaz. Stanton is good as gone, tthat guy has no personality whatsoever seems like absolute joke. Kass, as much as I loved him is very immature and should probably be traded. Edler is someone who needs to step up as well and become a leader because he does not seem to have much either. Sbisa is interesting as he faced a lot of tough questions and may have something going there.

An interesting thing I picked up was how through out the season how the players talked about how immature Lack was, as in he did not take things to seriously, at first I thought it was funny but I feel like he's not on the same level as a Cory Schneider and we could probably pick up something decent for him. Vrbata was good, Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa were all good as well.

I love Horvat and really wish we could have gotten him without having traded Schneids.

The most improtant thing I learned today was how important leadership is as well as character which a lot of players on this team lack, the fact you guys want to trade Bieksa may help on the ice but it will not be good in the dressing room. Don Cherry knows whats up and after watch today's interview I realized he speaks the truth.

PS: Matthias rly pissed me off today, was probably stoned, no professionalism or honesty, something that Bieksa has in abundance alongwith a sense of humor, did no one notice the shot Gallagher took at him and he could've erupted but he didnt

The vibe I got from some of the mainstay players is they're dissapointed, but they hope the fans can appreciate the great regular season and exciting games they played for us this year despite the early exit, and can remain optimistic for the future. Pretty bland but not much else to say, I enjoyed watching alot of good Canucks hockey this year.

You guys try to pick at every little thing. Sedins specifically said they don't want young players for the sake of having young players. They said that the young players better be good, and Bieksa said that the team could use a mix of vets and should not infuse young players just for the sake of it. Bieksa is a huge leader in the room.

What shocked me today was the amount of players who are in it for themselves, and I can't believe you guys think Bieksa is one of them. These players include Matthias, he needs to GTFO his real character came through today, absolutely garbage. Weber is another one of those journeyman players who had his moment and needs to go, similar to the likes of Rome or Diaz. Stanton is good as gone, tthat guy has no personality whatsoever seems like absolute joke. Kass, as much as I loved him is very immature and should probably be traded. Edler is someone who needs to step up as well and become a leader because he does not seem to have much either. Sbisa is interesting as he faced a lot of tough questions and may have something going there.

An interesting thing I picked up was how through out the season how the players talked about how immature Lack was, as in he did not take things to seriously, at first I thought it was funny but I feel like he's not on the same level as a Cory Schneider and we could probably pick up something decent for him. Vrbata was good, Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa were all good as well.

I love Horvat and really wish we could have gotten him without having traded Schneids.

The most improtant thing I learned today was how important leadership is as well as character which a lot of players on this team lack, the fact you guys want to trade Bieksa may help on the ice but it will not be good in the dressing room. Don Cherry knows whats up and after watch today's interview I realized he speaks the truth.

PS: Matthias rly pissed me off today, was probably stoned, no professionalism or honesty, something that Bieksa has in abundance alongwith a sense of humor, did no one notice the shot Gallagher took at him and he could've erupted but he didnt

UhkQxj180vpV6.gif

I watched the whole thing where are you getting all this negativity from? was it by there facial expressions :bigblush:

The bolded and enlarged statement makes me realize this is a waste of my time...

You know what REALLY helps in the dressing room? Winning and being inspired by the on-ice play of your leaders.

If Bieksa was a Euro and everything else about him and his game was the same Don Cherry would not give him a second thought. He's a "Good Canadian Boy" after all. lol.

I will be optimistic if Benning FINALLY does what needs to be done. I expect from the message today though that the plan is status quo with the core group. Most of the players echoed that management has a plan but also talked about how the season was so great and the core group did everything that was asked (ie. just make the playoffs). More of the same next year I fear.

If Benning sticks to his word this will have been the last chance for this core group who once again could not get it done at crunch time.

If the Canucks do not make real improvements to get younger, faster, more skilled, and hungrier I could see a big regression next season as several other teams are primed to get better in a hurry. Status quo will mean regression in my opinion.

Archived