Sbisa Weber

Miller

Lack

*Trade Higgins (free up $2.5M); Plug in Virtanen
*Trade Hansen (free up $2.5M); Plug in Dorsett
*Trade Bieksa (free up $4.6M); Sign UFA or via trade

*Re-sign Weber ($2.6M)
*Re-sign Matthias ($4M); Second liner
*Add Kenins to above lineup (4th line) ($925, 000) Couldn't find his salary; went w/ Bo and Jakes.
*Add Virtanen cap hit to roster ($925,000)
*Sign Top 4 D-Man ($4.5M)

New Cap Hit = $67,200,000

Estimated NHL Salary Cap = $73M

Canucks System:

Jensen (LW)
McCann (LW)
Shinkaruk (LW)
Gaunce ©
Corrado (RD)
Subban (RD)

I want Kassian and Virtanen (might be too young for next yr) on the same line; see if they can work some magic. Hope they create an aggressive forcheck (rock em sock em) and have Kassian setting up Jake.

Bonino moves to the third line for me as a solid two-way player.

Rich to the 4th; using him on the PK - hopefully his ankle heals up nicely in the summer.

Bo moving up to top 6.

I have Matthias in there for now - but not sure what will happen w/ him in the off-season

Trading Higgins, Hansen and Bieksa is probably easier said than done; but this is my roster, and I'm just having some fun here. Or trading a combination of the three; Hansen is the youngest, plays hard, so might keep him.

Thoughts?

- HK

Your font is too small.

what sucks is that baer and vey cant go down to the minors anymore... so they are guaranteed a spot.

I totally forgot about Vey! Might have to make some adjustments. I guess I'd have Vey as my 13th forward; depending on what happens in the off-season.

I totally forgot about Vey! Might have to make some adjustments. I guess I'd have Vey as my 13th forward; depending on what happens in the off-season.

I hope he has a hell of an offseason, the potential is there... he is just so small. watch the press conference with him and bo sitting beside each other... Bo made vey look like a midget.

Good god out with the old and in with the new. If the Canucks resign Weber and Matthias I'm going to be choked. That lineup may have gotten them into the playoffs this season but next year every other team in the west minus Arizona will be as good if not better. The Canucks will be hard pressed to make it it's just a reality. Start the rebuild ASAP and get rid of the deadweight and let the kids play. Unload as many bad contracts as possible and actually establish some sort of identity and give the fans something to look forwards to rather than relying on the same ol' season after season. I love this team to death but until I see direction from management and legit changes made I have a hard time seeing anything other than mediocre which is IMO the worst thing imaginable.

Proposed Trades:

(1) Vrbata to Montreal for 2015 2nd and 3rd rd. picks. This frees up $5M in cap space. Montreal wants to win now and they are missing goal scorers. Montreal has plenty of cap space to take Vrbata on.

(2) Higgins, Jensen or Shinkaruk, Frank Corrado, Montreal's 2nd rd. pick to Chicago for Patrick Sharp and Bryan Bickell. Net cap gain for Chicago: $7.4M and they get a reliable player in Higgy who they could use, two prospects and a high draft pick. This would be a "distress" trade for Chicago seeing how they are pressed hard against the cap.

(3) Bieksa to Detroit for Jakub Kindl. Bieksa is Babcock's kind of player and Kindl's been in Babcock's doghouse all season. Kindl is a 28 YO big RHD that has some offensive abilities. Frees up $2.2M in cap space.

(4) Burrows, Lack and Clendening to Carolina for Ryan Murphy, a RH-PMD the Canucks desperately need. Carolina is young upfront and could use a vet like Burrows; Lack may allow 'canes to deal Ward; Clendening could possibly be a poor-man's Murphy and replacement for Murphy in Carolina's system. Frees up $4.25M in cap space.

OUT: Vrbata, Bieksa, Burrows, Lack, Clendening, Corrado, Jensen or Shinkaruk.

IN: Sharp, Bickell, Kindl, Murphy.

NET CAP: Gain $4.0M in cap space. Currently $65M tied up in 17 players. These proposed trades would bring cap hit down to $61M, giving estimated $10.5M to round out the roster. Additional projected cap hits in brackets, making total cap hit $69.5M, leaving $2.0M wiggle room.

Daniel -- Henrik -- PATRICK SHARP

BAERTSCHI (1.2M) -- Horvat -- Kassian

BRYAN BICKELL -- Bonino -- Hansen

BRENDAN GAUNCE (925K) -- Richardson (2.0M) -- Dorsett

Vey (900K)

Edler -- Tanev

Hamhuis -- RYAN MURPHY

Sbisa -- JAKUB KINDL

Stanton (750K) -- Weber (1.1M)

Miller -- MARKSTROM (1.25M)

Six new players...team gets younger...team gets bigger...team speed is about the same as current edition...team is able to compete for playoff spot...team is better built for the playoffs.

If I'm GMJB, this is what I would try to do.

EDIT: Canucks Key Prospect Pool

Forwards: AHL/ECHL - Cassels, Jensen or Shinkaruk, Grenier, Fox, Zalewski, Conacher, Labate; Friesen. Junior - Virtanen, McCann, Petit.

Defence: AHL/ECHL - Hutton, Pedan, Subban, Cederholm, McEneny, Sautner, Blain; Junior/College/KHL: Tryamkin, McNally, Stewart, Liberati (OA), Williamson.

Goalies: AHL/ECHL - Eriksson, Cannatta, O'Connor (?); College: Demko

Keep Higgins, but make him a third liner. get rid of Weber, Bieksa, Matthias, and maybe Hammer. Bring up Kenins, Bearcheese, and Virtanen as forwards, and Corrado, Clendening, or Biega as defense. Vey is our 13th forward.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Bearcheese-Horvat-Burrows

Virtanen-Bonino-Higgins

Kassian-Gaunce-Hansen

Edler-Tanev

Corrado-Biega/Clendening

Sbisa-Clendening/Biega

Miller

Lack

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Matthias Horvat Burrows

Virtanen Bonino Kassian

Kenins Richardson Dorsett

Baerschi

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis UFA / Trade ($4.25M)

Sbisa Weber

Miller

Lack

*Trade Higgins (free up $2.5M); Plug in Virtanen

*Trade Hansen (free up $2.5M); Plug in Dorsett

*Trade Bieksa (free up $4.6M); Sign UFA or via trade

*Re-sign Weber ($2.6M)

*Re-sign Matthias ($4M); Second liner

*Add Kenins to above lineup (4th line) ($925, 000) Couldn't find his salary; went w/ Bo and Jakes.

*Add Virtanen cap hit to roster ($925,000)

*Sign Top 4 D-Man ($4.5M)

New Cap Hit = $67,200,000

Estimated NHL Salary Cap = $73M

Canucks System:

Jensen (LW)

McCann (LW)

Shinkaruk (LW)

Gaunce ©

Corrado (RD)

Subban (RD)

I want Kassian and Virtanen (might be too young for next yr) on the same line; see if they can work some magic. Hope they create an aggressive forcheck (rock em sock em) and have Kassian setting up Jake.

Bonino moves to the third line for me as a solid two-way player.

Rich to the 4th; using him on the PK - hopefully his ankle heals up nicely in the summer.

Bo moving up to top 6.

I have Matthias in there for now - but not sure what will happen w/ him in the off-season

Trading Higgins, Hansen and Bieksa is probably easier said than done; but this is my roster, and I'm just having some fun here. Or trading a combination of the three; Hansen is the youngest, plays hard, so might keep him.

Thoughts?

- HK

Nope close but they need more youth. Kassian need to be with the Sedins and Bo should have Virbata and Sven for the 2nd line. Third line Bonino cetering hanson and Virtanin and fourth line cassels centering Dorset and Burrows. You can switch up Bur and Hanson if you want and have Kenis and Mcann on the side. I like your D but Weber needs to be replaced by Corrado and find a good FA to fill Bieksa spot. Same goilie tandom unless someone makes an offer we cant refuse for either of them.

We could have missed the playoffs without Vrbys 30 goals.

If you move Vrbata, you're gonna have to replace him. There are options out there (Patrick Sharp, Justin Williams being two). But it's going to be competitive for any option that calls for replacing a 31 goal scorer, even if the player in question played without heart or looked like a deer in the headlights in the playoffs.

Archived