Shinkurak Bonino burrows

Kennins gaunce Dorsett

Vey

Edler green

Hamhuis Tanev

Webber Corrado

Clendening

Petan

I think we should start the year with a line up similar to this. Bring in youth and at the same time clear room on Utica to break the logjam.

Out:

Bieksa , for draft pick

Richardson , free agency

Mattias , free agency

Higgins , draft pick.

Hansen, draft pick.

Edited by Seven pounds soft, A minute ago.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Baertchi Horvat Vrbata

Shinkurak Bonino burrows

Kennins gaunce Dorsett

Vey

Edler green

Hamhuis Tanev

Webber Corrado

Clendening

Petan

I think we should start the year with a line up similar to this. Bring in youth and at the same time clear room on Utica to break the logjam.

Out:

Bieksa , for draft pick

Richardson , free agency

Mattias , free agency

Higgins , draft pick.

Hansen, draft pick.

Edited by Seven pounds soft, A minute ago.

Green is going to want big $. I like that top 4; Don't see it happening.

What about Sbisa who we just re-signed?

So we should trade away our hardest working player in Hansen? Yeah get lost.

Naw, I'd keep Hansen. You're right.

Hansen, Higgins, Dorsett, Burrows - all are the same type of player to me. Hard working, team guys. But in order to bring in some youth, we can't keep all four. I just made a rough draft; wanted to know what Canuck nation was thinking.

Naw, I'd keep Hansen. You're right.

Hansen, Higgins, Dorsett, Burrows - all are the same type of player to me. Hard working, team guys. But in order to bring in some youth, we can't keep all four. I just made a rough draft; wanted to know what Canuck nation was thinking.

Yeah trade Higgins instead. Let Mathias and Richi walk. After that it's all on JB. Way too many variables haha

SEDIN SEDIN (FROLIK w/Bieksa's 4.3 mil)

BAERTS HORVAT VRBATA

BURROWS BONINO KASSIAN

DORSETT VEY ? HANSEN

(KENINS)

*lot of intercahngeable parts in top 9 (Frolik can even play some center)

*hope Vrtanen/Shink/Jensen (Cassels/McCann/Gaunce) can push for spots

-why did we give Dorsett 2.65...could end up 13th forward

EDLER GREEN OR ERHOFF (w/MILLERS 6 Mil)

SBISA TAVEV

UFA... BIG CLENDENING/CORRADO

PHYSICAL

(W/Hamhuis 4.5)

LACK/MARKSTROM

**wouldn't even mind throwing Higgins 2.5 @ Vermette for 1 year till Cassels or McCann r ready.

-Could make a good 2nd line reunited with Vrbata....slide Horvat and Bonino down 1 for another yr

Matthias is not worth 4M on our team.

Hard to say what the line-up will look like as there is a lot of uncertainty about what kind of moves JB will make.

The OP is forgetting the cap payment we have to make on Luongo's contract and is also overestimating the cap. The current estimate is between 71 and 72 million. I agree that Matthias is not worth 4M and there is no way the Canucks can pay that even if he was.

Relative to the team that started the playoffs the OP basically replaced Higgins and Hansen with Virtanen and Kassian.

While I hope that Virtanen and Kassian develop that change would make the team worse next year, not better. Higgins and Hansen are much, much better defensively than Virtanen and Kassian and would probably be just a good offensively next year.

That change would be an old-style rebuild -- lose now to let young guys get experience and get a high draft pick.

I could see that change maybe two years down the road, after Virtanen has another year in junior.

Also, I doubt if Bieksa is tradeable given his current cap hit and he is unlikely to waive his NTC anyway.

I think OP is asking on a hypothetical basis of what the roster should look like come October.

This team needs more youth and less Weber getting stapled to the boards.

Forwards:

The Sedins and Vrbata stay. 30 goals in the regular season is still something. Higgins or Hansen needs to leave due to the dumb Dorsett extension. So does Richardson, Matthias. Insert Virtanen, Baertschi, and a checking centre like Gaunce if their ready. Vey stays solely because we know Benning is far too proud to get rid of any mistakes he makes.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Horvat - Vrbata

Baertschi - Bonino - Virtanen

Kenins - Gaunce - Dorsett

Vey

Defense:

Bieksa was terrible and will only get worse. If he chooses to stay, then perhaps Hamhuis will have to be the one to go, because we all know Sbisa is here to stay. Bring Corrado or Clendening up for Weber if he's ready. Sign Stanton for cheap or find a replacement in FA.

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Bieksa

Stanton - Clendening

Corrado

Goalies:

For the love of God, get rid of Miller's contract if we can. Lack starts. Pray that Markstrom is ready for back-up duty.

Lack - Markstrom

Eriksson

Should keep Hansen, he's worth the money and contributes with something positve every game.

We should not trade Vrbata to make space for Sharp. no sense at all if we want to get younger.

And those four mil on Matthias can be better spent. I'm uncertain with Weber, his lows are way to low. But when he's on his game 2mil is good money.

And it's very difficult to predict if the prospects are ready or not at the moment.

But if Baercheese, Vey, Kassian and Corrado can have great breakout seasons we'd be fine with that line up. Doubt it though.

Roster I hope we have next season:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi/Shinkaruk-Bonino-Vrbata

Shinkaruk/Baertschi-Horvat-Burrows/Hansen

Dorsett-Richardson/Vey/Gaunce-Hansen/Burrows

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Green/Franson*

Sbisa-Corrado

Weber

Irwin/Bartkowski*

Miller

Lack

* means UFA signings

Trade both Higgins and Bieksa for prospects + picks

Let Matthias go

Daniel Henrik Vrbata

Matthias Horvat Burrows

Virtanen Bonino Kassian

Kenins Richardson Dorsett

Baerschi

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis UFA / Trade ($4.25M)

Sbisa Weber

Miller

Lack

*Trade Higgins (free up $2.5M); Plug in Virtanen

*Trade Hansen (free up $2.5M); Plug in Dorsett

*Trade Bieksa (free up $4.6M); Sign UFA or via trade

*Re-sign Weber ($2.6M)

*Re-sign Matthias ($4M); Second liner

*Add Kenins to above lineup (4th line) ($925, 000) Couldn't find his salary; went w/ Bo and Jakes.

*Add Virtanen cap hit to roster ($925,000)

*Sign Top 4 D-Man ($4.5M)

New Cap Hit = $67,200,000

Estimated NHL Salary Cap = $73M

Canucks System:

Jensen (LW)

McCann (LW)

Shinkaruk (LW)

Gaunce ©

Corrado (RD)

Subban (RD)

I want Kassian and Virtanen (might be too young for next yr) on the same line; see if they can work some magic. Hope they create an aggressive forcheck (rock em sock em) and have Kassian setting up Jake.

Bonino moves to the third line for me as a solid two-way player.

Rich to the 4th; using him on the PK - hopefully his ankle heals up nicely in the summer.

Bo moving up to top 6.

I have Matthias in there for now - but not sure what will happen w/ him in the off-season

Trading Higgins, Hansen and Bieksa is probably easier said than done; but this is my roster, and I'm just having some fun here. Or trading a combination of the three; Hansen is the youngest, plays hard, so might keep him.

Thoughts?

- HK

Trade Hansen again, here we go. Go ask WD about that.

He's not gonna get a spot for his name being Virtanen, he's actually got to go out and earn it

No, but he's this year's version of Horvat. Shinkaruk won't be waiver eligible this year, but Virtanen has to go to junior if sent down.

Archived