The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van - SJS, Van - TO (Proposal)

I wouldnt be trading the farm to move up into the top 10 this year anyways, I think there is eneough top end talent in the first 40-50 picks this year, that its not worth gambling with too many pieces to move into the top ten. Now if your talking moving into the top 3 then yeah, throw a bunch of stuff at it, but I don't think any of those top 3 picks are being dealt.

Better to just make smaller deals and try to pick up some 2-4 rounders and draft a few solid depth guys.

Id do the first deal and just try and draft Barzal and hopefully move a couple redundant depth guys like Higgins for a 2nd-3rd and try and pick up a good D in the second like Andersson, Dunn or Carlsson. Barzal and Virtanen together would be a dream.

Id do the first deal and just try and draft Barzal and hopefully move a couple redundant depth guys like Higgins for a 2nd-3rd and try and pick up a good D in the second like Andersson, Dunn or Carlsson. Barzal and Virtanen together would be a dream.

This.

I think the first one is very fair. I would be reluctant on moving Corrado, would rather trade the rights of Weber, but that's not the same value and Frankie would make sense for SJS.

Toronto would never, ever do the second, though.

The ideal would be acquiring SJS's 9th and keeping our 23rd, so we could draft Barzal and one of Chabot, Roy or Kylington. Very hard to imagine that happening

I think the first one is very fair. I would be reluctant on moving Corrado, would rather trade the rights of Weber, but that's not the same value and Frankie would make sense for SJS.

Toronto would never, ever do the second, though.

The ideal would be acquiring SJS's 9th and keeping our 23rd, so we could draft Barzal and one of Chabot, Roy or Kylington. Very hard to imagine that happening

Hmm we traded Schneider for 9th overall -- Horvat...

could this year be Lack for 9th overall -- Barzal

haha Lack is awesome, Schneider was awesome too but look how sweet Horvat is.

:P

(Lack on his own probably doesn't = 9th overall but may not be far off)

Hmm we traded Schneider for 9th overall -- Horvat...

could this year be Lack for 9th overall -- Barzal

haha Lack is awesome, Schneider was awesome too but look how sweet Horvat is.

:P

(Lack on his own probably doesn't = 9th overall but may not be far off)

I would definitely trade Lack for the 9th, but he's not even close to having such value. Would have to add that 23rd. I'm pretty sure SJS wouldn't do Lack + Corrado / Jensen for the 9th, either.

I would definitely trade Lack for the 9th, but he's not even close to having such value. Would have to add that 23rd. I'm pretty sure SJS wouldn't do Lack + Corrado / Jensen for the 9th, either.

I'm not sure if Lack is that far off or not, he's shown that he can at least hold his own in this league and is only 26.

But anyways I just thought it was a funny coincidence to the Schnieder situation couple years ago.

Archived