The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Bare Bones - Game #142 (Sign-Ups Closed)

g_bassi13

Probably the same type of player that contacts their first round investigation. At least word gets out and we can confirm there isn't an imposter sheriff out there.

This isn't some new or outrageous playing style, the TP spokesperson isn't necessarily the one who gets contacted but they do coordinate suspicions and the like (not to mention draw fire from the specials). The fact I have to explain this to seasoned players is sketching me out.

Probably the same type of player that contacts their first round investigation. At least word gets out and we can confirm there isn't an imposter sheriff out there.

This isn't some new or outrageous playing style, the TP spokesperson isn't necessarily the one who gets contacted but they do coordinate suspicions and the like (not to mention draw fire from the specials). The fact I have to explain this to seasoned players is sketching me out.

When was the last time that a sheriffs round one investigation came forward in round one ?

KP gets an investigation every second round, who here thinks JL makes a good first round blind mafia target?

Kingpin - The Kingpin is the head of the Mafia. The exact aspects to this role can vary, but generally the Kingpin will get an investigative power every two rounds he or she will select one name, and the GM will reveal if that name is a Regular Townsperson or a Special Role (i.e. Sheriff, Doctor, Vigilante). The Kingpin will also show up as "Not Mafia" to the Sheriff. However, the Kingpin cannot submit kills on the Mafia's behalf.

KP investigations usually go 1.3.5.7 all the OP says is that they occur every 2 rounds nothing about what round they start in.

Kingpin - The Kingpin is the head of the Mafia. The exact aspects to this role can vary, but generally the Kingpin will get an investigative power every two rounds he or she will select one name, and the GM will reveal if that name is a Regular Townsperson or a Special Role (i.e. Sheriff, Doctor, Vigilante). The Kingpin will also show up as "Not Mafia" to the Sheriff. However, the Kingpin cannot submit kills on the Mafia's behalf.

KP investigations usually go 1.3.5.7 all the OP says is that they occur every 2 rounds nothing about what round they start in.

Invorrect. KP investigations almost always start on the second round. Considering this is vanilla, the second round is likely IMO.

Invorrect. KP investigations almost always start on the second round. Considering this is vanilla, the second round is likely IMO.

I haven't been Mafia for a long time ( since NHL I think?) but I remember the KP investigation being on odd number rounds.

Just checked SOB's game it was odd numbered rounds as well....

I haven't been Mafia for a long time ( since NHL I think?)

Mind = blown. How do you go that long without being mafia?

Anyways, the even/odd round thing varies from game to game.

And Strangelove is mafia IMO. His defense was that he wouldn't announce what he announced if he was mafia, but obviously he would say that as mafia to make himself not seem like mafia to the TP.

Along with the untimely death of JL.

Archived