The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Russian Star Artemi Panarin signs with Blackhawks

Zfetch

Panarin picked where he wanted to go. Before signing he analyzed the playing style of a few teams he had interest in.  After this he chose Chicago. He felt Chicago's style of play suited his own game the most and felt he would have NHL success playing that style of hockey. He wasn't wrong. He's going to hit all his bonuses, particularly the $1.725 mill bonus for finishing top 10 in any one of NHL scoring stats, goals, assists, Points 

JB making an offer would not have changed anything. 

This kid's like a Datsyuk with the puck. Just nuts. Plays with Anisimov and Kane and they're the best line in the NHL.

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Panarin picked where he wanted to go. Before signing he analyzed the playing style of a few teams he had interest in.  After this he chose Chicago. He felt Chicago's style of play suited his own game the most and felt he would have NHL success playing that style of hockey. He wasn't wrong. He's going to hit all his bonuses, particularly the $1.725 mill bonus for finishing top 10 in any one of NHL scoring stats, goals, assists, Points 

JB making an offer would not have changed anything. 

This kid's like a Datsyuk with the puck. Just nuts. Plays with Anisimov and Kane and they're the best line in the NHL.

JB was to busy signing Joseph Labate, btw were is he now?

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

dude are you for real, let me take you down memory lane, because clearly you don't recall that avlanche game. 

please listen to the commentators.

Yeah, that's exactly what I recall.

Now, let me show you some actual domination.

It's not individual, no, but god-damn, him and Kane absolutely put NYI to bed.

To get that player for nothing?  Sure, I'd be down with that.

Just now, TOMapleLaughs said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I recall.

Now, let me show you some actual domination.

It's not individual, no, but god-damn, him and Kane absolutely put NYI to bed.

To get that player for nothing?  Sure, I'd be down with that.

go talk to JB, he was too busy signing our future star Joseph Labate lol

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

go talk to JB, he was too busy signing our future star Joseph Labate lol

There was no way we were in the running for Panarin, and bringing up Labate is useless.

I'm more like, 'yes please' to getting these kind of players for when we're contending again.  One can hope.  

But the hype job for Shirokov... LOL!  Getting pretty tired of all that.

54 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

JB was to busy signing Joseph Labate, btw were is he now?

Man are you out to lunch

Panarin all but confirmed where he was going.  What was Benning going to do, offer him $7 million a year?

Get over it, he signed an available guy.  Instead of a guy who already knew where he was going.

You're the king of predictions on prospects and you never fail to deliver

Meanwhile Bo Sang has 11 points in 33 for the Rochester Americans games and he's coming back to git us

(you know we're just giving you a hard time right?)

On 4/29/2015 at 0:32 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Where was Benning? Instead, he signs Jospeh Labate( a career 4th liner) Blackhawks are a dynasty, they will never suck. They signed a guy a who will be a top 6.

Well I am looking back at your first page comment.  Quoting it.  Except, you know...that benning can show interest but cannot sign a player that ALREADY WANTS TO BE SOMEWHERE ELSE.  You know, that he only wanted to go to Chicago when half the league scouted him and 6 total teams showed massive interest, he ONLY chose Chicago.

But don't take my word for it.  While you're still railing about something our organization had little to no control over, here is some reading about who wanted him, what he wanted and why he chose Chicago.

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2015/4/30/8520667/artemi-panarin-blackhawks-signing-contract-2015

http://thehockeywriters.com/money-not-a-factor-for-artemi-panarin/

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/13894285/nhl-chicago-blackhawks-rookie-artemi-panarin-fitting-in

Just saying, you know because you want something doesn't make it possible or make someone else a failure for not getting you what you want when it is out of their control.

Benning could not have signed him if he tried

14 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

Don't get me wrong I bleed blue and green just as much as the next guy, but do you honestly believe he would come here over Chicago? Perennial favourite for the cup?  

Vancouver > Chicago

Talking about the city of course.

For the record I think both cities are great but Vancouver is just that much greater

On April 29, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Carl's Jn said:

so why are we not getting these guys?

Because we are not contenders anymore. Most guys want win. We will be again , but he's probably lookin the fact the haws are, and have been the best overall team in the league for a long time 

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Vancouver > Chicago

Talking about the city of course.

For the record I think both cities are great but Vancouver is just that much greater

Wasn't talking city, Vancouver is the greatest city on earth ;) isn't the dude from Russia?  Don't think the living conditions were first on his list ;p

On 2/18/2016 at 2:45 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

dude are you for real, let me take you down memory lane, because clearly you don't recall that avlanche game. 

please listen to the commentators.

Damn does anyone else remember Samuelson or however you spell it? That shot against LA in the playoffs I think back in 2010 will always be my favorite. LASER

Archived