The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] obtaining 1st draft picks

Okay we'll never get draft pick 1, 2 or 3! But there may be a possibility of of 5, 6, 7, 8 or others before our eventual draft pick. I'm skipping Toronto, really no reason just cause.

If we were going to package a few players could we entice Carolina, Jersey, Philly to trade us their pick? Could we swap with Edmonton for their other first round pick?

I'm thinking may be (otherwise why this post, right?)

Edmonton needs a mentoring mature defender and has an overage at center. Philly also needs a defense that can mentor their squad and a young goalie. Buffalo has made a number of trades but still seems to be missing some top 9 dependable forwards.

I'm sure there are other teams with weaknesses to consider, and I welcome your alterations and points considering my proposed trades below:

To Edmonton- Hamhuis, Vey, our 1st rounder 23rd

To Vancouver - Draislt, other 1st rounder from Pittsburgh 16th

To Philly - Bieska, Markstrom, Kassian

To Vancouver - #7 pick, and their 3rd round pick

To Jersey - Hansen, Bonino, Jensen

To Vancouver - #6 pick, and their 2nd round pick

I'm biased likely, but are they also over payment? I mean Edmonton gets a top 4 D and a potential good winger in Vey and still keep a 2nd 1st rounder this year. They have a problem at center with way too many good centers and not enough quality wingers. Philly gets a goalie who can actually be a number one for a change, a good #4 D and another tough gritty winger that fits their mold and all they give up is their first rounder and a long shot in their 3rd rounder. Jersey has probably the oldest team and their centers are all at best #2, getting these 3 players from Vancouver for their 1st rounder seems pretty good trade. If anything both Philly and Jersey would seem very favorable trades.

Thoughts? Call me crazy whatever

Okay we'll never get draft pick 1, 2 or 3! But there may be a possibility of of 5, 6, 7, 8 or others before our eventual draft pick. I'm skipping Toronto, really no reason just cause.

If we were going to package a few players could we entice Carolina, Jersey, Philly to trade us their pick? Could we swap with Edmonton for their other first round pick?

I'm thinking may be (otherwise why this post, right?)

Edmonton needs a mentoring mature defender and has an overage at center. Philly also needs a defense that can mentor their squad and a young goalie. Buffalo has made a number of trades but still seems to be missing some top 9 dependable forwards.

I'm sure there are other teams with weaknesses to consider, and I welcome your alterations and points considering my proposed trades below:

To Edmonton- Hamhuis, Vey, our 1st rounder 23rd

To Vancouver - Draislt, other 1st rounder from Pittsburgh 16th

To Philly - Bieska, Markstrom, Kassian

To Vancouver - #7 pick, and their 3rd round pick

To Jersey - Hansen, Bonino, Jensen

To Vancouver - #6 pick, and their 2nd round pick

I'm biased likely, but are they also over payment? I mean Edmonton gets a top 4 D and a potential good winger in Vey and still keep a 2nd 1st rounder this year. They have a problem at center with way too many good centers and not enough quality wingers. Philly gets a goalie who can actually be a number one for a change, a good #4 D and another tough gritty winger that fits their mold and all they give up is their first rounder and a long shot in their 3rd rounder. Jersey has probably the oldest team and their centers are all at best #2, getting these 3 players from Vancouver for their 1st rounder seems pretty good trade. If anything both Philly and Jersey would seem very favorable trades.

Thoughts? Call me crazy whatever

See relevant quoted!

Archived