Canucks Community

[proposal] STL-VAN

To Vancouver:

TJ Oshie

To STL:

Kevin Bieksa

Nicklas Jensen

Jannik Hansen

Oshie is a good player but has been inconsistent in his career. He's only scored 20 goals once but has the capability to score way more. I think STL will make some changes to their core this year after getting bounced in the 1st round for the 3rd straight year.

Canucks acquire a top 6 fwd and in Bieksa (assuming he waives his NTC) STL gets a D-man who can replace pending UFAs jackman/Michalek, a very good 3rd line fwd in Hansen and a former 1st round pick in Jensen.

What do you guys think value wise? Close? Way off?

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Oshie

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Gaunce-Dorsett

Extra Fwds: vey, Kenins

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Clendening

Sbisa-Corrado/Weber

Miller

Lack

If I was STL I would hang up and block your number.

If STL traded Oshie it would be for a 1st round pick and a blue chip prospect would be my guess.

They have depth coming out the butt and have to make room for Rattie and Barbashev very soon.

If I was STL, I'd hang up, block the number, rip out the cord from the drywall, throw the phone out a window and watch it fall 10 stories, then I'd go downstairs with a sledgehammer and continue smashing the phone.

If I was STL, I'd hang up, block the number, rip out the cord from the drywall, throw the phone out a window and watch it fall 10 stories, then I'd go downstairs with a sledgehammer and continue smashing the phone.

You should seek some help for anger management lol. Also pls tell me what you would propose to obtain Oshie?

If I was STL I would hang up and block your number.

If STL traded Oshie it would be for a 1st round pick and a blue chip prospect would be my guess.

They have depth coming out the butt and have to make room for Rattie and Barbashev very soon.

I don't know about that. The guy's never scored more than 60 pts and 21 goals. Would he really command 2 1st round picks? (Blue chip prospect would most likely be a 1st rounder). His numbers are good, not great.

If I were St.louis, I'd hang up, block the number, rip out the cord from the drywall, throw the phone out a window and watch it fall 10 stories, then I'd go downstairs with a sledgehammer and continue smashing the phone. THEN I would take all the little smashed phone pieces and put them in a blender and then drink the. Then I would poop it out and put the poop in a paperbag, i would then take the paper bag and light it on fire and put it in front of JB's door. I would then knock on the door and run. I would stay a reasonable distance so I could watch Jim stomp on poo.

IMO, the moves that Blues make are:

1) Fire Hitchcock, if they haven't done so already.

2) Hire McLelland to replace Hitchcock.

3) Trade Patrick Berglund and Steve Ott.

4) Re-sign Barrett Jackman and let all their other UFAs (Porter, Jokinen, Goc, Michalek, Butler) go.

5) Try get Sobotka back, and give Jaskin and Lehtera bigger roles.

6) Give Rattie and Paajarvi a legit shot at cracking their roster.

7) Seek out goalie that they trust more than Elliott. Let Allen be the back up playing 30-35 games.

IMO, St. Louis might be a good trade partner for the Canucks. Eddie Lack and Chris Tanev for Kevin Shattenkirk?

IMO, St. Louis might be a good trade partner for the Canucks. Eddie Lack and Chris Tanev for Kevin Shattenkirk?

I agree that the teams could make good trading partners in some way, but is Lack the guy they want? To me, the acquisition of Lack is sort of a lateral move. A solid regular season goalie who hasn't proven anything in the playoffs, much like Elliot, though Lack of course hasn't had nearly the opportunity to prove himself that Elliot has had. I just don't know if Lack is the solution they're looking for.

I would love to see a guy like Shattenkirk don the green and blue next year, though.

If I were St.louis, I'd hang up, block the number, rip out the cord from the drywall, throw the phone out a window and watch it fall 10 stories, then I'd go downstairs with a sledgehammer and continue smashing the phone. THEN I would take all the little smashed phone pieces and put them in a blender and then drink the. Then I would poop it out and put the poop in a paperbag, i would then take the paper bag and light it on fire and put it in front of JB's door. I would then knock on the door and run. I would stay a reasonable distance so I could watch Jim stomp on poo.

lmao

Not sure why people still think other teams will take our spare parts/player we dont want, for their good/great players/high end prospects. We'd have to give up something good to get Oshie

Hansen? :bigblush:

Anyway, I don't really want Oshie, his offense kinda dried up last year. We need people who bring offense to the team, not come here to get it rejuvenated. I would, however, like to see Shattenkirk or even Pietrangelo in a Canucks uni in the next three years.

If we're making a trade with STL I'd go all out for Kevin Shattenkirk. That guy is a point producer on the right side and would fill so many needs for these Canucks. Of course it would leave the St. Louis defence pretty thin so we'd have to compensate...

TO VAN: Shattenkirk

TO STL: Kevin Bieksa + 1st round pick + Higgins + Clendening

They could always use some offensive depth and young kids, and Bieksa plugs a bit of the hole left for now while Clendening give some of the offence in the future.
Shattenkirk is arguably their 2nd best player after Taresenko which is why we have to give a lot to get a lot.

Next year's lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Bonino - Vbrata

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett - Matthias/Gaunce - Burrows

Jensen

Shinkaruk

Edler - Shattenkirk

Hamhuis - Tanev

Sbisa - Corrado

Weber

Stanton