The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ADF: (1) Montreal Canadiens vs (2) Tampa Bay Lightning

Who will win the series?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about that, all of you "stop blaming the refs" folk? A game decided by a goal that should have been called offside.

Brutal. The league can't bring in coach challenges soon enough.

Coach's challenge isn't going to apply to offsides, most likely only whether or not a goal is good, and that goal was scored quite a while after the 'offside' occurred.

It all evens out in the end.

Habs were on the receiving end last series when Chris Lee blew the whistle early on the Sens tying goal.

I guess the Habs only care about the conduct of officials when it goes against them.....they seemed ok with Lee's performance in that game.

Coach's challenge isn't going to apply to offsides, most likely only whether or not a goal is good, and that goal was scored quite a while after the 'offside' occurred.

It all evens out in the end.

Habs were on the receiving end last series when Chris Lee blew the whistle early on the Sens tying goal.

I guess the Habs only care about the conduct of officials when it goes against them.....they seemed ok with Lee's performance in that game.

Doesn't matter how long after the offside the goal was scored. It, in its essence, changed the outcome of the game.

How about that, all of you "stop blaming the refs" folk? A game decided by a goal that should have been called offside.

Brutal. The league can't bring in coach challenges soon enough.

This is rich. Habs fans complaining about officiating... :rolleyes:

The eastern media is is missing no opportunity to bring it up either. Funny, they didn't give any attention at all to the high stick that preceded the Russell goal against the Canucks.

And I still have yet to see a slo-mo replay, or snapshot that shows where Filppula was when the puck first made contact with the blue line. Every single replay I can find freezes the action to show Filppula across the line, but with the puck already three quarters of the way across it. Why aren't they showing a freeze frame when Boyle makes first contact with the blue line?

It does look offside, but I'd sure like to see a proper image...

Besides all of that, whining about a missed offside that happened 12 seconds before a goal is scored (and includes possession by your own team) is weak sauce. It's not like they called back a goal or anything...

It's all a part of Uncle Gary's plan.....

Pretty diabolical on uncle Gary's part. Letting a borderline offside go uncalled, knowing that 10 seconds later a rookie defenseman will give the puck away, leading to the winning goal....brilliant!

And to have such confidence in "the plan", that you call back an earlier goal? Wow! Gary's much smarter and more subtle than we give him credit for. :ph34r:

This is rich. Habs fans complaining about officiating... :rolleyes:

The eastern media is is missing no opportunity to bring it up either. Funny, they didn't give any attention at all to the high stick that preceded the Russell goal against the Canucks.

And I still have yet to see a slo-mo replay, or snapshot that shows where Filppula was when the puck first made contact with the blue line. Every single replay I can find freezes the action to show Filppula across the line, but with the puck already three quarters of the way across it. Why aren't they showing a freeze frame when Boyle makes first contact with the blue line?

It does look offside, but I'd sure like to see a proper image...

Besides all of that, whining about a missed offside that happened 12 seconds before a goal is scored (and includes possession by your own team) is weak sauce. It's not like they called back a goal or anything...

I'm the farthest thing from a habs fan.

They were showing the offside 50 different ways last night when I first saw it.. Could not have been more obvious.

Also, I'm not commenting on the rest of the game.. Just a single play in double OT where the official got or wrong and it so happened to allow Tampa to maintain possession in the Hans zone and led to a goal. Pretty black and white to me.

I'm simply fed up with games being won or lost because of blown and missed calls.

They were showing the offside 50 different ways last night when I first saw it.. Could not have been more obvious.

Also, I'm not commenting on the rest of the game.. Just a single play in double OT where the official got or wrong and it so happened to allow Tampa to maintain possession in the Hans zone and led to a goal. Pretty black and white to me.

I'm simply fed up with games being won or lost because of blown and missed calls.

Funny I don't recall seeing you make this big a deal about the disallowed Ottawa goal...

Maybe I just missed it?

I'm still leaning towards this being offside, yet I have to wonder...

Why is it that every single replay I have seen so far freezes to show Filppula across the blue line, but the puck already three quarters of the way across the line as well?

Obviously, they can freeze the action whenever they want, so why is none of the sports networks freezing it at the exact moment that the puck makes contact with the blue line? Is it because is will no longer be quite as "clear" as they are all saying? Do they not think their viewers are smart enough to recognize an offside without them making it more obvious?

Archived