The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Realistic Malkin offer....

With Malkins name being mentioned in trade talks...what could we offer ?

Both Sedins,Kassian Baertschi ??.....would make Pitts the fav in the East the next couple yrs. . Both Malkin and Crosby seem to step it up a bit when the other is out. Tricky part is what contracts would we have to take from Pitts ? (Sedin/Sedin/Baertschli/Kassian would be approx 17-18 mil.)

Pitts would have a great 2nd line, and 2 "cheap" potential top 6 wingers.

From a Canuck standpoint...I would like a future around Malkin, Horvat, Bonino(till McCann Cassels ready) up the middle, than what we're looking at now.

Malkin is only 28, and would bridge the gap to our youth a lot better than the twins. Plus cap space..

Pitts may want to go "all in" the next couple yrs while Sid is in his prime..

Theres almoat no way they take the sedins instead of malkin.

Theres almost no way the canucks trade the sedins or that they waive their no trade clauses.

Just being realistic.

If we were to go after Malkin you can guarantee they would be wanting Horvat, Kassian, vrbata, our 1st and maybe more.

That would give them depth, size, future, and scoring back.

Is it teally worth it for us?

I once had a dream a few years that he acquired Malkin. We traded Raymond and a couple others. He scored his first goal of the season in our first win of the season...in February!!! The trade was made during the off-season and it was NOT a lockout-shortened year...we were just that terrible.

2015 1st rd pick. 2016 first round pick, Jarred McCann, Frank Corrado and Zach Kassian.

Thats my guess, but then again its just so hard to put a value on the elite NHL players. If Pittsburgh is trying to move him the value is lower, if a team is desperately trying to acquire the value is higher

And if we got Malkin I would try and get him to play the Wing and would split the sedins up

Malkin-Sedin-Vrbata

Sedin-Horvat-Beartschi

Burrows-Bonino-Hansen

Dorsett-Richardson-Kennins

Power play

Sedin-Sedin-Beartschi

Malkin-Vrbata

Malkin and Vrby on the point for the one timers

I once had a dream a few years that he acquired Malkin. We traded Raymond and a couple others. He scored his first goal of the season in our first win of the season...in February!!! The trade was made during the off-season and it was NOT a lockout-shortened year...we were just that terrible.

O yeah right :picard:

Why does the cost have to be astronomical as many of you are suggesting?

So the team taking him has to absorb a hideous contract and give up top prospects?

Sounds like a lose-lose to me.

Pittsburgh is going to have to be realistic about the return if they think they can move him.

Said it before, will say it again... if he gets moved I think he'll go to St. Louis. I'll be basing this thought off the Nash deal (two forwards in Dubinsky, Anisimov, plus Erixon and 1st; Columbus also moved a 3rd and another minor player; thought of using the Kovalchuk deal, but the Thrash got pretty fleeced and I doubt Pittsburgh's GM lets his #2 star go for scraps, esp. since Geno probably hasn't asked to be moved).

The Blues have lots of scoring depth and defenders. One of Backes/ Lehtera (probably less likely, he played with Tarasenko and Schwartz)/ Stastny (wouldn't doubt it if the Blues tried to move his cap, though it'd be tough IMO) would be a decent fill-in for the #2 C role. Probably add in an NHL-level defender and send one less-developed one back to them if it's Shattenkirk or Piet getting dealt, and add in Jaskin or Rattie if it's a weaker D-man to Steeltown, to address the Pens' weaknesses on D and wing.

Malkin at the top of the roster would be deadly, and depending on the package going back the D-man going back would differ too, but if they want top talent they'll have to pony up.

Raymond, Ballard, and a first by any chance?

We would have to give them a lot of good pieces for the future too. Any star player pretty much warrants a top-6 forward, depth roster player, 1st or 2nd round pick and top prospect.

TO VAN: Malkin

TO PIT: Vbrata + Sbisa (or Higgins, but Pittsburgh need defence) + 1st + Virtanen

It's a lot, and Malkin is already 28 so I probably wouldn't do it, but here's our future lineup in say 3 years time. Malkin will be 31, most of our young kids should be full time NHLers by then and here's our lineup =

Baertschi - Malkin - UFA

Jensen - Horvat - Kassian

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - UFA veteran

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Corrado

2015 draft pick - Clendening

I would take Malkin in a heartbeat.

I just can't justify trading what it would take...

(some of our best roster players + our best prospects) for someone that disappears in the playoffs. And the Russian factor?? The guy could pull a kovalchuck at any moment.

We can be the new New Jersey Devils , no prospects, no star, Nothing good in sight.

I think not

A team like St. Louis could easily beat anything we have to offer, but for the sake of it...

Edler, Bonino, Shinkaruk, Jensen, 2015 1st & 2016 2nd for Malkin

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Malkin - Vrbata

Virtanen - Horvat - Burrows

Dorsett - _____ - Hansen

_____ - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Sbisa - Corrado

Miller

Lack/Markstrom

Would Malkin be worth it? Probably. Could we afford to give up what it would take? Probably not.

I don't think the Pens move Malkin for two aging scorers in their mid-30s, especially when neither can hit 20 goals. Although playing in the East would see them at 80pts+ I reckon.

Florida would be the best trading partner. Something like Barkov + Hayes + Campbell + 2nd.

A team like St. Louis could easily beat anything we have to offer, but for the sake of it...

Edler, Bonino, Shinkaruk, Jensen, 2015 1st & 2016 2nd for Malkin

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Baertschi - Malkin - Vrbata

Virtanen - Horvat - Burrows

Dorsett - _____ - Hansen

_____ - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Sbisa - Corrado

Miller

Lack/Markstrom

Would Malkin be worth it? Probably. Could we afford to give up what it would take? Probably not.

I agree with this guy. It would probably be worth it but it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Archived