The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Vancouver have matched up better against Anaheim in the second round?

I had a great time watching the Flames get smoked.

Ducks in 4-5 games outscoring them by 10+

If the Flames didnt get so lucky we would stand a better chance. I say anyone would win in 6-7 games if it was us and the Ducks.

To the ppl sayin the Flames are better than us, plz get me some of what your smoking. If Ferlund didnt make it 3-1 at the end of the 1st we would have won the series.

Ferlund and Hiller are the ONLY reason we lost that series. And that WILL NOT happen again.

I am so mad.. this was our year :(

I know it's just been one game, but reflecting on tonight's result, it hasn't been much different from the past. If Vancouver took the series to 7 and eliminated the Flames, do you think they'd match up better against Kesler and the Ducks? Thoughts and Opinions? It would have definitely been a fun series to watch!

Lol

Did you watch the violation of the flames last night?

No way...

Watching the ducks transition the puck was a thing of beauty. It would either be rushed blue line to blue line by the defender or it would be up the ice with one quick pass. The Ducks D is a thing of beauty to watch. They can skate like the wind and get the puck out fast, and accurately, before they can be bogged down in their own zone.

Canucks D would have been mauled by Perry, Getzlaf, Kesler etc.

Canucks d is way too soft, not enough offensive skill from the back end.

Also, notice how Ferlund was dealt with in less than one period.

The sad part for me is that seeing the ducks operate at full tilt made me realize how far the Canucks have slipped since 2011.

You bet. 100%

Vancouver out played Anaheim in every game they played them this year but one. Which the score was extremely misleading in anyways. Anaheim dodged a huge bullet that the Flames caught fire and knocked us out.

Ducks wouldn't last more than 6 games vs us. 4 or 5 if the officials called the games with any ounce of integrity.

Pahahahahaha

We lost to a team that just got their posteriors handed to them while playing a rusty opponent.

It doesn't look good on the Canucks.

That's not really how it works. The matches up would and are different. We've played pretty well against Anaheim this year. Could we beat them in 7? Probably not. But we aren't too far behind Anaheim.

Would vancouver have lost to the Ducks?

Yep, I wouldn't take any bet against it

But it in no way makes me feel better about folding to the Lames. As I have pointed out, it's my only hope that Linden and Benning are paying close attention to not only what we lost to but how easy they can be beaten as well.

As the old saying goes ...................................................................................................

Nope!

As the old saying goes................................................................

That's not how it works.

I'm..going to say...No.

They swept Winnipeg (who is a much more resilient than the Canucks) in the first round and are on their way (as far as Game 2 is going) to sweeping the Flames.

I mean, put on the rose glasses all you want, what makes you think this roster being led by the Sedins would have a chance.

Archived