The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Sedins win the Stanley Cup before they retire?

The Sedins were so close from capturing their first Stanley Cup in 2011, but they're getting older, and their contracts are expiring not too far from now, which brings up many questions regarding them and their future with Vancouver. What are your guys' thoughts and opinions on their future? I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say!

Will Ovie win a Stanley Cup before he retires?

How about Shane Doan?

Will the Sedins? Maybe. Maybe not. It's not the easiest thing to win.

This..

But imagine for one second if they were on a different team like Detroit or Chicago...

Already they would have multiple rings..

This..

But imagine for one second if they were on a different team like Detroit or Chicago...

Already they would have multiple rings..

Desperation Mode Gillis managed to screw this up. We could have had multiple rings as well if he would have managed to admit he messed up a couple of times along the way.

If three years is all that they have left, then my call is no.

The team's going to be in a state of re-building on the fly mode for the next four years. The best I expect from the Canucks over that time will be a 6 to 8 seed in the Western Conference, and a first round exit from the playoffs.

Hard to say, if they value that more than retiring as Canucks I could see it potentially, but I mean next year is probably a tweener year, I would say the 2016-2017 season will be there last best chance as Canucks.

After I saw the Mcmillan penalty in game 6, I said to myself, "Come on hockey gods, show us some justice" and long and behold, next thing I know Flames score. Here is the deal, Sedins' are some of the most deserving players for a cup. There community work exemplies what good role models should be. Hell they are even nice on the ice, they even pick up sticks for players and tap goaltender's pads when they get robbed. Now here is the bad thing, 'hockey gods' are not real lol If hockey god's were real Sedins would of had couple of rings by now.

So moral of my silly paragraph: hockey gods are not real. Therefore, it will be tough for a Sedin to a win cup.

Not without a shoot-first, mean power forward who can cycle next to them.

Nor can they do it without depth scoring, sound defense or solid goal-tending. Problem is, everything pretty much has to fall in place and at least in recent memory it's been a combination of the three that have faltered to various degrees (1.6 goals for in the past however many games, Pizza - Juice, Miller). We'd better hope Trader Jim smells the coffee and sees what needs and could be done to improve the back end and scoring depth quickly before those two ride off into the sunset.

Archived