The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Sedins win the Stanley Cup before they retire?

As much as we would all love them too, I think they'd need to sign year-by-year extensions after their current contracts, be 3rd liners with PP time, and take no more than $2m each per year to allow us to have a top six that can take the scoring slack. Will they extend their time with us to age 38, 39, 40? With kids to raise and millions of $ in the bank? I'm not sure but if Linden can sell them on the vision, and we've made progress by that time, who knows?

Honestly, if we're nowhere near being serious contenders in the next couple years or so, I wouldn't mind trading the Sedins on a seriously stacked team so they can lift the Stanley Cup before they retire.

My guess is that seriously stacked teams would most likely not have the cap space to be able to trade for them. The Canucks would have to take a hefty load of garbage salaries in return for them. Very difficult to move them together.

The Sedins will not win a cup in Vancouver, they will leave and finish things off with MODO before Vancouver is in a position to win a Stanley Cup.

The only chance they have(In my Opinion) is to stay around for another 5-6 years as bottom 6 forwards, which won't happen.

My first gut instinct sadly was "No"

If they were to win in Van it would have to be a ways down the road as supporting cast not as our primary offensive weapons. I don't mean that as a slag against the twins (as they have proved this year that they can still fill that role quite effectively), but we have nowehere near the necessary supporting cast to seriously compete against this league's elite teams.

Baring a crazy "catching fire" run I don't see it.

Unfortunately not with the Canucks. Their one shot was 2011. I'd love to see them win one though, and I hope that once they become UFA's, they do what Alfredsson did and go to a contender for a season to try to get one.

After I saw the Mcmillan penalty in game 6, I said to myself, "Come on hockey gods, show us some justice"...

Really? Because after I saw how Weber was too weak to just stick-check little Johnny Hockey on the 3rd goal, I said to myself, ">%&@ this $%)#".

Only if JB trades them now for some serious young talent to fast-track a re-build and then re-signs them when their contracts expire for one last run at the cup. By then, the team may be closer to being a contender.

If they stay here as our first line, while JB pieces together youth from limited draft opportunities and other teams' reserve lists, not a chance.

unless mccann is kesler, shinkaruk is mogilny, virtanen is perry and we draft some stud dmen the likely hood that we win cup in next threee yrs is doubtful but if we trade sedins to isles maybe they get a cup as secondary players behind strome and tavares

I believe they will win a cup. I just have a feeling.

Benning is fast tracking the re-tool and seeing what works. The Sedins at very least will get a few more shots at it , which excites me.

lol no they won't, they're going to be 35 this year. if they play until they're 40 then to get a few more shots at it our team would have to make the finals multiple times in the next 5 or so years and that isn't happening.

they'll be lucky if they even get one more shot at it if they stay here until they retire

Archived