The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Sedins win the Stanley Cup before they retire?

lol no they won't, they're going to be 35 this year. if they play until they're 40 then to get a few more shots at it our team would have to make the finals multiple times in the next 5 or so years and that isn't happening.

they'll be lucky if they even get one more shot at it if they stay here until they retire

IMO every time we make the playoffs we have a legitimate shot at winning a cup , therefore if we make the playoffs the next three years that's three shots for the Sedins to win a cup.

I don't care what your big pessimistic brain tells u, my heart says they will win one.

Without big changes the next two years I doubt this team will even make the playoffs or get out of the first round.

Look at the west and the pacific division specifically. Teams will pass this team in a hurry if we stick with tweaking and running with the same core. I would not be surprised to see the Canucks miss the playoffs and end up close to or at the bottom of the pacific with this group.

Without big changes the next two years I doubt this team will even make the playoffs or get out of the first round.

Look at the west and the pacific division specifically. Teams will pass this team in a hurry if we stick with tweaking and running with the same core. I would not be surprised to see the Canucks miss the playoffs and end up close to or at the bottom of the pacific with this group.

Choke for Chychrun?

Really hope so but I can't see it being in Vancouver. I could see them agreeing to a move in either year 3 (which would be admittedly difficult because the acquiring team would be taking on $14 million in cap hit for the next season) or the last year of their current deal.

Really hope so but I can't see it being in Vancouver. I could see them agreeing to a move in either year 3 (which would be admittedly difficult because the acquiring team would be taking on $14 million in cap hit for the next season) or the last year of their current deal.

My guess is that seriously stacked teams would most likely not have the cap space to be able to trade for them. The Canucks would have to take a hefty load of garbage salaries in return for them. Very difficult to move them together.

I'm not sure if they would do so, but once their contracts expire and they're free agents at 37 yo, if any team wants to take them on at their much reduced salary then, I would not judge them poorly at all if they want one last shot at a cup as depth veterans on a contender.

If they waive and goto a contender where they can slot into their 2nd line, then they got a chance. If they want to do that, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It will set us with plenty of assets for the future. Works out for both parties.

Archived