The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will the Sedins win the Stanley Cup before they retire?

It's not unthinkable. Sedins still dominated against Calgary. They weren't the problem and are better this year then last when they were talked about as the best line in the league during the first 1/4 of the season playing with Kesler on there line. The Sedins still have it, they just can't do it as well paired with 3rd line grinders anymore. (no offense Burrows(no pun indended))

Now lets say Kassian matures and finally things start really clicking for him like we hoped. That could definitely bring new life to the first line. Kassian's nastyness could possibly counteract the Sedins softness, to give us something Canucks fans have been asking for since Marchand used Sedin's face as a speed bag.

Maybe Horvat continues his development and quickly matures into a great second line center. All we would need then is a surprise rookie performance by Virtanen and we look more and more like a contender in 3 or more years, as long as Benning can solidify the defense by trading off a few Vets.

Obviously it's not a given, but the potential is there. I don't buy all this doom and gloom.

IMO every time we make the playoffs we have a legitimate shot at winning a cup , therefore if we make the playoffs the next three years that's three shots for the Sedins to win a cup.

I don't care what your big pessimistic brain tells u, my heart says they will win one.

how's that working out for you so far?

since expansion only 3 teams that were a 5th seed or lower have won the cup

people can say just making it in as a low seed means you have a legit shot all they want but it simply isn't true

how's that working out for you so far?

since expansion only 3 teams that were a 5th seed or lower have won the cup

people can say just making it in as a low seed means you have a legit shot all they want but it simply isn't true

So... You're saying there's a chance. Awesome!

Anyways were never going to win the cup with attitudes like willies Stache up there.

If you want something, you need to remain positive and believe. I want the Sedins to win a cup in Vancouver and will keep faith till they do.

(2017) :)

It's not unthinkable. Sedins still dominated against Calgary. They weren't the problem and are better this year then last when they were talked about as the best line in the league during the first 1/4 of the season playing with Kesler on there line. The Sedins still have it, they just can't do it as well paired with 3rd line grinders anymore. (no offense Burrows(no pun indended))

Now lets say Kassian matures and finally things start really clicking for him like we hoped. That could definitely bring new life to the first line. Kassian's nastyness could possibly counteract the Sedins softness, to give us something Canucks fans have been asking for since Marchand used Sedin's face as a speed bag.

Maybe Horvat continues his development and quickly matures into a great second line center. All we would need then is a surprise rookie performance by Virtanen and we look more and more like a contender in 3 or more years, as long as Benning can solidify the defense by trading off a few Vets.

Obviously it's not a given, but the potential is there. I don't buy all this doom and gloom.

I don't think you can say they dominated the flames. They had good possession yes but at the end of the day they were the flames and they only had 4 pts in 6 games each. Dominated is more like what Perry and Getzlaf did in game 1. 4 pts each

When the sedins are our third line in 2-3 years i don't see why not.

they don't depend on speed to play their game.

so if they want to they should be able to play till late 30's!

As much as we would all love them too, I think they'd need to sign year-by-year extensions after their current contracts, be 3rd liners with PP time, and take no more than $2m each per year to allow us to have a top six that can take the scoring slack. Will they extend their time with us to age 38, 39, 40? With kids to raise and millions of $ in the bank? I'm not sure but if Linden can sell them on the vision, and we've made progress by that time, who knows?

That will never happen.

Do you honestly think the Sedins won't be able to put up 40+ points a season?

Or do you think we'll have 6 forwards better than them?

Not here.

Perhaps true. When they are no longer top line material, might be able to trade them for future talent. In exchange give them a chance to compete w a contender team. That hasn't worked for Iggy, but that's the same rationale. Look at how Flames improved after getting rid of their veterans.

So... You're saying there's a chance. Awesome!

Anyways were never going to win the cup with attitudes like willies Stache up there.

If you want something, you need to remain positive and believe. I want the Sedins to win a cup in Vancouver and will keep faith till they do.

(2017) :)

pretty sure the fans attitudes have nothing to do with the result on the ice

but keep making whatever excuses you need to to make yourself feel better

I want to be able to fly, maybe i should remain positive and then i'll be able to

Archived