The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which was your most entertaining Canucks' season?

Rubik

Our most talented but not the most

Not touching the 90's Avalanche, 80's Oilers, Early 80's Islanders, plethora of Hab's teams and the Super Mario teams.

Edit* Or many incarnations of the Red Wings, the Hawks team that kicked us around before 2011, The Macinnis era Flames

Really could keep thinking of more but you get the point.

Sorry, should have mentioned post salary cap era.

Also Vancouver > every other city and team in all pro sports. All time.

I hate any team that isn't the canucks.

Canucks > Yankees, man United, etc

Entertaining, exiciting to watch = it means gorgeous, beautiful classy hockey rather than successful or effective... So when the team almost "die in the beauty".

Just some of you seem to me misunderstood me. But thanks for the replies. :)

The very first season without a doubt. The first goal (Wilkins), the first win ever (vs Toronto) in the second game of that season. Paiement scoring 34 goals and being one of the toughest guys in the NHL, my first NHL game (4 - 1 over St. Louis) and so on.

Yeah, you can't forget your first love.

regards,

G.

But you have to admit that moment was amazing...82,94 and 2011 were probably the only 'great' seasons that all ended in disappointment..besides those 3, I don't see what other season I can honestly say was my fav because they were all failures..

That moment saved a hella-amount of embarrassment.

1994 playoff run.....best, funnest time in Canucks history for sure.

Best season...probably 1992-1993....because with Bure, anything seemed possible.

agree,,that was a hell of a ride..every pub was packed and alive..cars honking...but I think for me the first season was the best 1970...got to see all my heros I only dreamed about watching on TV..and when we drafted Charlie Hodge and a few others..it was gold...granted it didnt last long but it was a thrill

agree,,that was a hell of a ride..every pub was packed and alive..cars honking...but I think for me the first season was the best 1970...got to see all my heros I only dreamed about watching on TV..and when we drafted Charlie Hodge and a few others..it was gold...granted it didnt last long but it was a thrill

The way Barry did the look-off of Len Lunde and completed the spin-o-rama in the face of Gilles (Captain Crunch) Marotte there was sheer poetry.

08 season for me, we started to see a real emergence of Burrows, Bieksa, Kesler, starting to turn into the better players on the team, Luongo was starting to really grow, I always liked Demitra. But 2011 was fun just because we were so good. I just don't like thinking about all the 2011 band wagoners.

2011's definitely up there. Twins and Burr were magic, slaying the dragon, Kes beasting, even the heartbreak ending...

In fact the whole Sedin era has been special... seeing their persistence and talent is definitely exciting, plus lately they've added more grit into their game as they work their magic. Hope the rest of the team can step up and win them a Cup!

Wish I was around for the Bure era, and only caught part of the W.C.E. era, but those must have been good times. Nazzy's skill, Bert's toughness and Jovo's big hits and passion were all solid pieces, but too bad we had Cloutier as the goalie...

I'll have to say 2011 cause of all the excitement. That was quite the season and the big run in the playoffs. I'm probably not as bitter as many others, but it was both the biggest thing ever and the lowest point at the same time. I love my team and that's why I look back at that season with fond memories of it.

In 1994, I was still a pretty new fan to the team, or should I say I didn't see much of what was going on as no games were aired here in Finland back in the day. So that magic didn't quite translate feelings for me at that time. I fell in love with that atmosphere and energy a few years later when stuff became available through the internet.

A few memorable games include;

- Naslund's 4-goal game vs. Pittsburgh in 2003. There was just no stopping him - or the others for that matter. Big Bert was a beast and B-Mo found the spots for the guys to score. Those were the days for sure.

- Obviously Burrows and the game 7 win against the Hawks in the 2011 playoffs. By far the most memorable and positive moment in my time as a Canuck -fan.

- The one agains Boston in 2012 when Cody scored the beauty of a goal on Tim Thomas. I was so happy that day. That one goal was probably the biggest reason I was disappointed that we traded Hodgson back then. Not sad now, but I would have loved to see what we could have done with that kid.

- A regular season game against the Kings back in 1995 when we had Mogilny, Bure and Linden playing together. Kings had Gretzky, Kurri, Lang, Granato and everyone. You name it. Feels like that '95 team was my team. The team of all teams. My dream come true when we got Mogilny - my favorite player of all time.

That night was golden, everyone scoring and excitement like crazy. Linden scored his 200th goal that night and we somehow blew a 5-1 lead, but managed to end the game tied 7-7. Think about that for a second.

Definitely the dominating year we had in 10'-11' all the way to the cup final. Then that retribution game against the Bruins in the following regular season. Explosive.

my vote for this as well! chicago game 7 and game 2 against bruins where burrows scored the OT winner (in both!)

Definitely the year with the WCE line when they dominated the NHL in playmaking/scoring (2003?) - only key ingredient that they missed was goaltending (Cloutier was awful) otherwise that team was fun to watch.

Close 2nd is the 2010-2011 year where again high flying offense was in effect and they scored their way out of games (and production from the D with Ehrhoff). That was fun.

2010-2011

every game was fun to watch and even when they were down 1 or 2 goals going into the 3rd period u still felt like most of the time they would come back

complete opposite now lol, if we're up 1 or 2 goals going into the 3rd we blow it more often than not

2006-2007 was pretty good too watching Luongo dominate his first year here and put up 47 wins

In recent memory I'd go with the 09/10 season. We didn't have the best team and at times we gave up a lot of goals, but that team could almost score at will and we were known for our comebacks. I remember one game against the Blues in St. Louis, we were down 3-0 going into the 3rd and came all the way back with Erhoff getting the winner in overtime.

Our top 6 was deadly with all of them having at least 25 goals as well. I thought we had a good chance to go all the way that year but of course we were stopped by Chicago for the second time in a row. Nevertheless it was a very fun season.

2000-2001: We were out of the playoffs for a long time, had a very young team, Naslund scored 40 that year, Sedins were rookies. Druken with the game winning goal to get us back in it.

2001-2002 /2002-2003: Return of Trevor Linden. West Coast express were at their prime, Canucks were a highflying, high scoring team.

Archived