The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Hamhuis at Worlds (and on the Canucks)

JamesB

This tournament proved that Hammer has still got it. He just needs a more reliable partner on D. Maybe Clendening or Corrado, or even Biega?

Now some the NHL teams need to get crappy like some of the World teams Hahaa. then "Hammer" will be the bees knees.

Also Reason #12: Hamhuis was the ONLY player on the Canucks roster to say that he wanted to win a Stanley Cup WITH the Canucks. I can't remember the name of the vid, nor do I think they'll win one during his tenure but guys with that kind of loyalty don't grow on trees. I'll be honest I really hope we don't have to trade either Bieksa or Hammer. They both provide roles that this team needs, if anything resigning Sbisa for THAT kind of money was absurd. I love Hammer he's a great player and a great person and if he gets traded I'm sure myself along with a lot of Canuck fans will be sad and disappointed.

Can't say I agree with you about Sbisa. He provides what Bieksa does at a cheaper cap hit, and is younger with far more upside. Bieksa brings grit and leadership but with Burrows, the Sedin's, Hamhuis, etc we have plenty of that already. With the Sbisa hit it seems reasonable that Bieksa will be the guy on the move.

Archived