The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks may have interest in trading Radim Vrbata.

I think I have whiplash from how quickly the tide in this town has turned against Radim Vrbata. The Canucks' 2014-15 MVP, all-star representative, leading goal scorer and most exciting player is now being treated as the team's best possible trade chip if the Canucks are truly committed to getting younger up front.

Vrbata's heading into the final year of a two-year deal that pays him $5 million a season and scored more than 30 goals for just the second time in his career, so perhaps his trade value has never been higher.

The juice for the rumour seems to have come from this comment from Willie Desjardins, about why he didn't put Vrbata back with the twins after Alex Burrows was injured: From Bieksa to Vrbata..

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Carol-Schram/Vancouver-Canucks-Vrbata-Trade-Rumours-Heat-Up-Joseph-LaBate-Signed/194/68359

It would make sense to trade him at the deadline if we're not in playoff contention since we probably won't being signing him to a new contract when his deal expires. Teams that are pushing for the playoffs would want him or a contending team for extra scoring either way Canucks could get a 1st round pick (mid first round pick).

pure botch speculation. bs if you ask me.

agreed.. but you do have to wonder why willie didn't put vrbata with the twins instead of hansen.. especially thats the reason everyone knows why he came here...

I think I have whiplash from how quickly the tide in this town has turned against Radim Vrbata. The Canucks' 2014-15 MVP, all-star representative, leading goal scorer and most exciting player is now being treated as the team's best possible trade chip if the Canucks are truly committed to getting younger up front.Vrbata's heading into the final year of a two-year deal that pays him $5 million a season and scored more than 30 goals for just the second time in his career, so perhaps his trade value has never been higher.The juice for the rumour seems to have come from this comment from Willie Desjardins, about why he didn't put Vrbata back with the twins after Alex Burrows was injured: From Bieksa to Vrbata..

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Carol-Schram/Vancouver-Canucks-Vrbata-Trade-Rumours-Heat-Up-Joseph-LaBate-Signed/194/68359

This team needs to do whatever makes it better. If trading Vrbata is the answer so be it. He was great in the regular season but was invisible in the playoffs.

I find overly sensitive homers just as annoying if not more so than those who turn on players. One player doesn't make a team.

This team needs to do whatever makes it better. If trading Vrbata is the answer so be it. He was great in the regular season but was invisible in the playoffs.

I find overly sensitive homers just as annoying if not more so than those who turn on players. One player doesn't make a team.

the whole team was invisible lets trade every one not named bo lol

I'm closing based on the misleading title. "The Canucks" have said/hinted at nothing of the sort and this is people speculating on what he would bring in return....which does NOT add up to "interest in trading him" by the team.

Archived