Lack/Markstrom

Corrado

Avs get

Hamhuis

Bonino

Edm 2nd 2015

Canucks get

RNH

I think it's a good deal for all sides. O'Reilly has been rumored to be on the trade block. They ship him off to fill a hole on défense while replacing some of what they lost in O'Reilly and adding a high 2nd rndr. Mcdavid and Draisaitl make RNH redundant, so they ship him off to van and get a great 2 way forward in O'Reilly while adding Lack and Corrado to their team. Canucks get a local boy to take the #1 C spot once the sedins retire.

Not interested from Colorado. Need to be targeting a much younger D if we're dealing ROR. Someone that could be a core piece for a long time. Hamhuis is a nice piece but not at the cost of ROR. Not really interested at all in the rest of it. Sakic clearly doesn't like 2nds anyways.

Nobody would dare touch him with Virtanen on his wing.

Virtanen isn't going to be an overly intimidating rookie, he's got size but he's not huge and NHLers are a hell of a lot stronger than the kids he's been pushing around in Junior.

I think Kassian might be a deterrent though, and RNH could set him up like when he played with the twins.

We get fleeced

Hamhuis, Markstrom, Bonino, Corrado for RNH.

#2-3 Dman on the decline, AHL starting goaltender with NHL backup potential, 3rd line centre and a 5-6 Dman for a #2 potentially #1 Center who was a #1 pick.

If it wasn't for the 3 way deal Edmonton would be getting fleeced.

Hamhuis, Markstrom, Bonino, Corrado for RNH.

#2-3 Dman on the decline, AHL starting goaltender with NHL backup potential, 3rd line centre and a 5-6 Dman for a #2 potentially #1 Center who was a #1 pick.

If it wasn't for the 3 way deal Edmonton would be getting fleeced.

I don't agree that he's on the decline, I believe markstrom has starting goalie potential, and bonino is an ok second line center and corrado has top 4 dman potential

Oilers get

O'Reilly

Lack/Markstrom

Corrado

Avs get

Hamhuis

Bonino

Edm 2nd 2015

Lack

Corrado

Canucks get

RNH

O'Reilly

Fixed

O'Reilly>RNH for our needs anyway...

But we are also giving up a little too much.

Fixed

O'Reilly>RNH for our needs anyway...

But we are also giving up a little too much.

Still a no from Colorado.

Lack - We already have Varly and Picks acquitted himself very well this year. More than happy to run with them. Lack is redundant and not worth giving up assets for.

Corrado - Not really a need either. He's never going to displace EJ or Barrie for a top 4 spot on the right. He'd look good on the 3rd pair but Stuart or Redmond in that spot is fine. Need to fill two spots on the left and that's where the focus should be.

Bonino - He'd be an okay replacement C but if we're trading ROR would really prefer to let Mack run with the 2nd line C spot and bring in a top 6 RW and a shutdown C for the 3rd line

Hamhuis - would love to add him but he's too old to be the centrepiece of a ROR trade. Needs to be someone who fits the age of the core and if that means a 1 for 1 or we add that's fine. I'd do picks & prospects (not the 10th or Bigras) for Hammer if that won't get it done that's fine we can look elsewhere to fill the gap until Bigras and Geertsen/Siemens are ready.

Archived