The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dr Strangeloves AMAA

Dr.Strangelove

Lol what would you tell a young man that was thinking about joining the Canadian armed forces?

I was in the American Armed Forces not Canadian so I'm not sure what the CF is like.

I would offer some general advise

1) Pick a specialty that has some relevant skills in the civilian world

2) It's hard but rewarding so be prepared to work your arse off

3) Talk to people who're in the service or have recently been discharged if you have questions

4) No matter what a recruiter says you cant fly a jet as an EM in the Army : :D

5) Never expect to be thanked or congratulated for doing your job

6) If you want to make the Military a career be prepared to have to brown nose a fair bit

7) Get a degree through the Forces if at all possible

• 4 months later...

'm faced with a condrununum. i may have made a mistajke of having 2 blow jobs and a mind eraser and 3 beers and was super ****ed up after work, cause this guy liked this pasta i made him and he was like are you off soon im gonna by you a drink, adndi was like yay! but he wa slike im gonna go to the bathroom and i'm gonna take off. wanna come see my place? i wa slike hell yeah so he goes to the washroom and i tell homie at the bar that the drinks were on him and call me a cab. im more sobered now but when i left work i was could barely stand. i dont feel bad for leaving this guy with a $300 tab. am i a bad person?

19 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

'm faced with a condrununum. i may have made a mistajke of having 2 blow jobs and a mind eraser and 3 beers and was super ****ed up after work, cause this guy liked this pasta i made him and he was like are you off soon im gonna by you a drink, adndi was like yay! but he wa slike im gonna go to the bathroom and i'm gonna take off. wanna come see my place? i wa slike hell yeah so he goes to the washroom and i tell homie at the bar that the drinks were on him and call me a cab. im more sobered now but when i left work i was could barely stand. i dont feel bad for leaving this guy with a $300 tab. am i a bad person?

Maye I don't have the moral compass to really pass judgement as I've done pretty much the same  before.

6 hours ago, JohnLocke said:

If you could meet anyone that is not currently living today for the first time, who would it be and why?

Erwin Rommel or Manfred Von Richthofen both for the same reason, I'm a huge military history buff and both men are IMO among the most fascinating military figures in  history. Both have left massive legacies and I would love to see how they really where.

Archived