The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on TSN 1040 (May 4)

Gstank29

KB3 must remain as a Canuck....he is the heart and soul and the identity of this Vancouver team. Without KB3, the Canuck is nothing.

Woohoo heart and soul guy who had a badddddd year. Canucks will benefit if they manage to trade him.

sooooo Sbisa was re-signed as insurance just incase we lose Bieksa and Hamhuis to free agency? dafuq

It's because their contracts are so nasty. What would you rather spend? $9m for two guys who barely do anything, or $3m for one?

so, 50% of that was benning saying wut he said at the beginning of last year xD

i would have no problem bringing matthias back. everyone here just needs someone to blame. if anything regarding the NTC's, i'd hazard a guess that burrows is the sacrificial lamb here. i love burr, but his production is equally matched, and surpassed by hansen as the jack of all trades

Can't wait to see the opening line-up this fall.

It's too bad ownership felt it necessary to try a play-off push this year because they deferred the transformation at least two years and may have lost out on a great asset in this year's draft. That's business.....and that's why I am less passionate about the Nucks and the game. Between the ownership and the league, there is always something that smells off.

Depends how you define toughness. Punching a guy in the face after the whistle is really an overrated thing in hockey. Winning puck battles on the boards is the kind of toughness you win with, Bo added this unfortunately not many others have this kind of toughness.

Gaunce seems like the natural to fill in for Matthias. Jensen had a discouraging year and is looking more and more like a fringe player, looks more like will graduate to Europe than NHL. SB, Corrado and Clendenning essentially need to be on the team. This qualifies as youth and speed. Vey really doesn't seem like what he is looking for in a player, interesting if he gets some big fast nasty wingers like he had in the AHL if his skill will come through.

Will be fun to see what Benning does this Summer. He was really active last year, hoping for similar this year. Definitely needs to move a goalie, should move a D or two and try to create a bit of a culture shift on the wing, someone els who could win face-offs would be great too.

If so, then the tank is officially on.

In the case of Bieksa, it's addition by subtraction. Hamhuis isn't who he used to be either.

I just hope JB doesn't think Luca "braindead" Sbisa is the answer to our defense or that Nick "Cement Skates" Bonino is the answer to 2C.

KB3 must remain as a Canuck....he is the heart and soul and the identity of this Vancouver team. Without KB3, the Canuck is nothing.

Too bad 'heart and soul' doesn't amend for how bad of a defenseman he is nowadays.

Toughness is overrated. This team was at its best when toughness was the least important factor of the squad.

Look where that lack of toughness got us in the playoffs.

In the case of Bieksa, it's addition by subtraction. Hamhuis isn't who he used to be either.

I just hope JB doesn't think Luca "braindead" Sbisa is the answer to our defense or that Nick "Cement Skates" Bonino is the answer to 2C.

Too bad 'heart and soul' doesn't amend for how bad of a defenseman he is nowadays.

In my opinion Hamhuis isn't what he used to be but he still is a top 4 defenseman. He just needs a partner who isn't Weber or Bieksa.

I actually bumped into JB on the Hastings bus last night... He said that interview was a smoke screen and Canucks fans get ready because, and I'm quoting here, next year the Canucks will add speed, strength, scoring and defence and all through 3 great pickups and 2 amazing trades.

I tried to get the details but he urinated in his pants and sexually harassed the woman sitting next us.

Might not have been him come to think about it, but I'm still hopeful.

Archived