The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Shero may shop #6 pick for scoring help

I look at all these trades from the fans of the team on this forum and I interject with some common sense.

Offering up Vrbata/Shinkaruk/Bieksa/Hamhuis/23rd overall pick.

Edmonton and Chiarelli laugh and offer Eberle Nikitin Pittsburghs pick and 25% retained salary for the 6th overall and Gelinas.

What now? Now you're seeing how laughable those offers are.

MMmm how about Toronto offers Kessel a 2nd and 20% retained salary for the 6th

Colorado trades O'Reilly AND a 3rd for the 6th

Oh wait, Carolina offers Staal for the 6th overall

See how foolish those initial offers are from this forum on behalf of the Nucks?

There are 5 teams drafting top 10 that can blow those trades out of the water with quality AND quantity without moving their top 10 pick and shedding cap in the process.

Come on, we're not getting the 6th for parts.

I find it frigging laughable all year long people are suggesting that picks this year are priceless, then we see multiple picks going out at the trade deadline and now those same people offer up crap for the 6th overall as though it's possible.

Come on people.

ok ok....now you called out the big guns.....this is our final....and id DO mean FINAL offer.....

The rights to Shawn Matthias :)

What's your plan for replacing Vrbata's 30 goals next season?

Being patient and rebuilding properly. You can't magically become competitive over night and we aren't competitive right now. I would have tried to move Radim at the deadline.

If this is true, Benning should be all over this at all cost.

Vrbata + higgins + one of bonino/bieksa/23rd pick ( which canucks should rather keep and pile up those picks)

at #6 canucks can get Barzal, that future 1st line centre they need when henrik retires:

Virtanen - Barzal - Kassian?

Shinkaruk - Horvat -

- McCann -

-Gaunce/Cassel-

Canucks would be good at centre position for years to come

Or if they really want a defenseman, Hanifin could be there at #6 overall.

one of Hanifin, Werenski or Provorov would be my first choice....

Our series against Calgary proved as much that we need one of those dudes

Yeah. According to what I've heard, Severson is the guy they want to keep most. So if Larsson is conceivably available, I'd gladly take him off of their hands. IMO, he's exactly what is needed (top-4 now, top-2 potential later).

Perhaps a package centered on Shinkaruk and either Glendening, Corrado, or Weber's rights would be enough. Probably not, though.

If you're going to pry Larsson out of NJ, try Kassian, plus.

I wouldn't be oppose in doing that. They need some young offensive forwards, while we need a young PMD.

To New Jersey: Kassian, Jensen, and Higgins/Hansen.

To Vancouver: Larsson, and a 2nd round pick.

If you're going to pry Larsson out of NJ, try Kassian, plus.

I wouldn't be oppose in doing that. They need some young offensive forwards, while we need a young PMD.

To New Jersey: Kassian, Jensen, and Higgins/Hansen.

To Vancouver: Larsson, and a 2nd round pick.

We also need players like Kassian. I think they'd still go for it if we offered Shinkaruk instead now that we have Baertschi.

Probably not worth it to go for the 1st then.

If they want to build up front though, I'd readily trade Linden (R.F.A.) or Jensen for one of their young offensive blue-liners (Merrill/ Gelinas/ Severson?). Also think Luca could eat some minutes on their blue-line if paired with one of these offensive guys, since he's capable of playing more defensively and so would thrive with an offensive partner.

Linden/ Jensen + Luca for offensive D-man, Seth Helgeson and 3rd?

Archived