The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will AV go after from Canucks?

grandmaster

If the Rangers get eliminated, I don't think management will focus on who they can get from the Canucks. Players that could potentially be of interest of the Rangers would be Jannik Hansen and Chris Higgins. AV is familiar with both of the players and they both would fit in really well in their system and team. Really doubt they would go out of their way to acquire players that AV has coached in the past.

Probably not as much as widely believed.

Probably a lot more than you believe.

If there was to be a trade and the coach is familiar with player coming his way certainly GM would ask coach for opinion. Or if a GM is going to trade away a player the coach would know who and why.

Often ppl believe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. That's not how organisations work. Even in small business you talk to your employees and/or co workers to ask advice on day to day operations. Its hard to imagine a GM would make a trade without the coach's knowledge and or input.

But on OP i doubt AV would ask for someone specifically off the Canucks. He would pbbly ask the GM for scoring upgrade as the Rags are massively struggling to score goals. I doubt AV cares where the player comes from as long as he improves the team.

Probably a lot more than you believe.

If there was to be a trade and the coach is familiar with player coming his way certainly GM would ask coach for opinion. Or if a GM is going to trade away a player the coach would know who and why.

Often ppl believe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. That's not how organisations work. Even in small business you talk to your employees and/or co workers to ask advice on day to day operations. Its hard to imagine a GM would make a trade without the coach's knowledge and or input.

But on OP i doubt AV would ask for someone specifically off the Canucks. He would pbbly ask the GM for scoring upgrade as the Rags are massively struggling to score goals. I doubt AV cares where the player comes from as long as he improves the team.

I wasn't saying that had zero input, just not as much as some people seem to think. I don't think a coach goes to the GM and says I need player X from team Z which is what the OP is implying.

I wasn't saying that had zero input, just not as much as some people seem to think. I don't think a coach goes to the GM and says I need player X from team Z which is what the OP is implying.

Agreed.

Perhaps a coach may ask a gm to look into possible trade if its known said player is on the market. But to go to gm and say I want so and so from a team I coached years back not even knowing if the player is on the trade market.... Nah. That would be highly unlikely.

Weird speculation OP. I very, very much doubt the Rangers are looking for Bieksa. They dont need help on defense in general, they need help scoring. No one is going to be looking specifically for Bieksa.

Willie got Vey and Dorsett when he came here.

Could maybe see them potentially interested in Burrows, Hansen or Higgins but NTC / NMC & the cap existing make it a tough trade to make (assuming Benning would want some younger players and / or picks in return).

If anything I could see them kick the tires on Matthias when he hits UFA

Archived