The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post secondary students getting Compass=Less people selling it online?!

kurtzfan

They should just go back to mailing students their U-Passes at the beginning of the semester instead of going to a machine to pick up the next month's U-Pass or even what Compass is proposing with going online to upload credit for the upcoming month. The card even had identification with a name and picture. It just seems like they are going backwards in so many regards, making things worse and more cumbersome than they were previous.

They should just go back to mailing students their U-Passes at the beginning of the semester instead of going to a machine to pick up the next month's U-Pass or even what Compass is proposing with going online to upload credit for the upcoming month. The card even had identification with a name and picture. It just seems like they are going backwards in so many regards, making things worse and more cumbersome than they were previous.

I don't know if this was scrapped, but I kept seeing UBC ads for a "OneCard" which would serve as a U-Pass/Compass + Student ID + Library card + fob to get into buildings (the current ones already have that).

Is it still possible to sell U-Passes though once this comes into effect? I guess we won't know until it comes out for about a month

BCIT and the rest are also going to Compass for the summer semester so I doubt anyone is going to have the paper pass.

Standard practice in virtually any Asian transit system. Complain all you want and raise any legitimate objections, but it's the standard.

I believe Hong Kong buses are tap in only.

This afternoon, I was at the Metrotown station.

Two students' talked about Compass Card.

A: "what happened if you didn't tap out?"

B: "nothing happens."

:picard:

I wonder how many people listen to Translink and tap out every time.

BCIT and the rest are also going to Compass for the summer semester so I doubt anyone is going to have the paper pass.

Yeah but what I'm wondering is if people can sell the card once they get it and then set it up so that the buyer will just have to upload the credit themselves on their own personal time instead of having the seller do it themselves

Archived