The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How to get over a cold in one day?

thejazz97

-Oil of oregano

-Cold Quell

-Vitamin C powder

-Bath with eucalyptus oil and bath salts

-LOTS of fluids (slice ~1/2 lemon in to a large cup with a ~1 teaspoon of honey and pour boiling water over. Drink repeatedly)

Anything good for your digestion as you gastrointestinal system is directly linked to your immune system/ability to fight colds.

...Or pray for your jebus to help you :P

Oil of Oregano.

Just take a drop or two, but be prepared for the worst taste you've ever experienced.

Personally I've never consumed it, but I know people that have and it works fast.

I always take it. The first few times I've taken it, it worked really fast. Seems to not have much of an effect on me anymore.

I put it under the tongue, it will burn the first few times you take it, but I don't even notice it anymore.

You can alleviate the symptoms but it's not cool when people go to work sick...then you're sharing the germs as well as the love.

A lot of things can help as the first symptoms come on but, once you're into the cold, you can mostly just deal at a symptomatic level...nothing will "cure" you but simply provide some relief.

Oil of oregano (but at early onset is most effective...I actually like the taste but it does burn...use sparingly), ginger/garlic/lemon steeped in hot water. Rest, water/liquids. I grow a bunch of herbs (no, not that kind) and boil up everything...also, mint. Not a "cure" but helps in a soothing way.

...also, mint. Not a "cure" but helps in a soothing way.

Mint is good for your digestive system ;)

Anything good for your digestion as you gastrointestinal system is directly linked to your immune system/ability to fight colds.

Wine always makes me feel better. Whenever I am under the weather or feel something coming on, I drink wine, and when I really feel sick, I drink wine and eat Thai food, but I usually drink wine on a regular basis, but I have cut down on the wine drinking recently, cutting it down to 1-2 times a week.

Tell your boss you got a bad case of explosive diarrhea, bam bought yourself an extra day. Trust me, no employer is gonna risk making you come in if there is the potential you're telling the truth.

I always take it. The first few times I've taken it, it worked really fast. Seems to not have much of an effect on me anymore.

I put it under the tongue, it will burn the first few times you take it, but I don't even notice it anymore.

I started taking it after getting a nasty cold.

I put 4-5 drops into a shotglass of Orange juice.

You still taste it but it's fine.

Did that twice a day. It was totally gone in 1.5-2 days.

I take 2 drops a day. Haven't gotten sick in over 5 years.

If I feel a cold coming on I fight it. Go to work, taking aspirin, tylenol and benalin with plenty of caffeine thrown in to power through. By mid day Im fine. If I had just stayed at home and done the being sick thing I would probably be in bed for a week but I dont play that. I havent had a cold put me off work in 7 years. I get to use all my sick days as electives.

-Oil of oregano

-Cold Quell

-Vitamin C powder

-Bath with eucalyptus oil and bath salts

-LOTS of fluids (slice ~1/2 lemon in to a large cup with a ~1 teaspoon of honey and pour boiling water over. Drink repeatedly)

...Or pray for your jebus to help you :P

Oh and bone broth. Forgot that.

Archived