The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fixing Warhippy's Proposal (Proposal)

Deal with Colorado:

Alex Edler and Jannik Hansen for 10th Overall

The Fix? They could use some depth at forward, as well as a leader who doesn't quit and can show the youngin's resilience, and some strength on D to help out Tyson Barrie.

(Jannik Hansen can be replaced by of Baertschi, as he needs a roster spot. Also, could be any of Jensen Virtanen Shinkaruk or Gaunce)

Deal with Philadelphia:

Eddie Lack, Bobby Sanguinetti/Andrey Pedan, and 22nd Overall for 7th Overall

The Fix? They need Defence and Goaltending, and obviously expect a draft pick back.

(Utica will be okay without either guy, as we have Clendening Corrado Subban Cederholm Hutton Biega Enhardt and on and on can move in)

IF I COULD SUGGEST ANYTHING????

Trade picks 7 + 10 + Bonino for Jack Eichel

Baertschi Eichel Virtanen

Shinkaruk Horvat Cassels

Gaunce McCann Kenins

Pedan Tanev

Tryamkin Clendening

Corrado Subban

Markstrom

Eriksson

Demko

Would have done the 10th for Edler without a plus but if you're going to throw someone in I think I'd rather have Baertschi than Hansen. At least he has top 6 potential and outside of Bleackley none of our forward prospects have that kind of upside.

I don't think the Philly one is really an improvement. It's just different. The value is a wash at best if not worse than the original.

Edit: Just noticed the Eichel part. Never going to happen. They'll never trade that pick.

Your trades wouldn't work. I fixed it, and added a twist at the end,

So instead of actually bringing it up in my post you write my name in a title make entirely different trade proposals and claim it's fixed?

:blink:

Your trades wouldn't work. I fixed it, and added a twist at the end,

Its a poor fix. You added a goalie that the Flyers have no need for... Check Mason's stats since he arrived in Philly, now tell us that Philly's problems are in goal. I think you haven't kept track of the Flyers for a good long while if you think they need a goalie.

Its a poor fix. You added a goalie that the Flyers have no need for... Check Mason's stats since he arrived in Philly, now tell us that Philly's problems are in goal. I think you haven't kept track of the Flyers for a good long while if you think they need a goalie.

Their needs now as they have been since Pronger got hurt are clearing cap and getting better on the blue line.

Still trying to figure out how this has anything to do with my proposal at all besides the teams

this is more dumb than the dumbest dumb proposals because you took something that was less dumb than 95 percent of the proposals on here and singled it out as needing to be 'fixed'... and then used dumb logic and dumb ideas to make it more dumb.

colorado's forward depth is their strength, philly has a starter locked up, eichel isn't being traded for extra prospects - have you seen buffalo's depth chart...

0/10.

10/10 dumb.

this is more dumb than the dumbest dumb proposals because you took something that was less dumb than 95 percent of the proposals on here and singled it out as needing to be 'fixed'... and then used dumb logic and dumb ideas to make it more dumb.

colorado's forward depth is their strength, philly has a starter locked up, eichel isn't being traded for extra prospects - have you seen buffalo's depth chart...

0/10.

10/10 dumb.

I wouldn't go that far.

I just don't think the pieces work

I think by and large again Phillis biggest need is cap relief which is something I didn't mention in my post. Eating cap is going to be essential.

Philli has Gostisbehere, Sanheim and Morin ready to walk in which is a pretty solid core of young D men. Shedding that cap for phiili will be important. While Lecavelier looks like the logical piece to move, looking at that stable of young D prospects and how bad MacDonald was this year I'd be inclined to offer taking MacDonald off of their hands and hoping to reclaim or buyout in 2 seasons.

Bieksa-MacDonald. While the immediate cap wash isn't impressive, over time it's a damned happier site than buying him and or Vinny out and living in retention hell for a while

0/10.

10/10 dumb.

A-class comment from a 69/69 poster. Proven proposal expert.

0/10.

10/10 dumb.

No, it's not. We have terrible depth. We have a great top 6 (but with two aging players) when they play to their potential but our bottom six is just depressing and really have pretty well no offensive prospects to write home about.

First trade is solid and makes sense for both teams. Second trade is terrible and Philly would hang up the phone, drive to your house, and beat you with it. Third trade is so bad I can't even make a joke about it.

So we're tanking now? Otherwise there's no reason for us to trade Edler. We'd have basically no offensive ability among our defenders, and you're living on a hope and a prayer if you think all those guys will pan out to the NHL and become the contributors we could so desperately use.

Also, what's your NHL roster look like after these moves, OP? Doubt the roster you listed there is for the following season, but either way that's a very pedestrian-looking defense. I'd rather just keep the 7th and 10th and get say Provorov at 7th and another D-man at 10th. At least we'd be more balanced going forward IMO, rather than stacking our hopes on Jack.

Archived