The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

cdcpuck 2015

Drewismyname

.cdcpucklogo1_zpsq04f6fje.jpg

WELCOME

Please Send all questions, concerns, roster fixes etc to my inbox as opposed to the chatter thread. If they are posted in the thread, they will be ignored. Thank you :).

Reminder

All Waiver eligible players currently on your minors team (Check spreadsheet if minors have not yet been transposed to your fantrax team page. This will be finished in a few days to a week) must clear waivers before the start of the season. Please waive all waiver eligible players who you plan to start in the minors before October 1st.

Re-Signings

• Between Now and 31 December, teams are permitted to discuss a new contract with two pending UFAs/RFAs
  • Between 1 January and the Trade Deadline Day, teams are permitted to discuss terms with any remaining UFAs/RFAs.

Not all players will wish to discuss contracts in-season; an enquiry made to a player will count as a discussion, so choose your offers wisely. Player agents will act in the players' interests. Hometown discounts may be given, or exorbitant requests made. It is up to GMs to manage their future cap situation and any GMs signing their team into future financial difficulties will be placed under intense scrutiny by the league. (CW)

UFA/RFA Enquiries to be sent to Drewismyname. Decisions will be put to a vote between all commissioners.

Where did my Minor League Team Go?

Link: Team Spreadsheets

Draft Thread

League Executives:

Founder / Commissioner: Drewismyname
Commissioner: Buddhas Hand
Commissioner: Captain Woodget

ana11_zpsu4wyhuys.jpgAnaheim Ducks - TheRussianRocket
arz_zpsyctq9lhl.jpg Arizona Coyotes - Thejazz97
bos_zpsfse8gvs0.jpg Boston Bruins - Nail
buf_zps7vydq6ta.jpg Buffalo Sabres - Horvat
cal_zpsjmy9blaw.jpg Calgary Flames - Keslerific
car_zpskmvzrylr.jpg Carolina Hurricanes - Drouin / JE14
chi_zps3ac8ggte.jpg Chicago Blackhawks - Fox Mulder
col_zpscnagrrbr.jpg Colorado Avalanche - Blunts4Breakfast
cjb_zpsqlina06t.jpg Columbus Blue Jackets -
dal1_zpslath7dpa.jpgDallas Stars -
Piggy Bank

det_zpsi0kpqitn.jpg Detroit Red Wings - Drewismyname
edm_zpsjxrkogzj.jpg Edmonton Oilers - Dral
flo_zpshy7rdo70.jpg Florida Panthers - AntonRodin
la2_zpsk7ytbpqi.jpg LA Kings - Caboose / Gally

min_zpsfgo8qjbu.jpg Minnesota Wild - BaerOxHitman
mtl_zpsoolntrv4.jpgMontreal Canadiens - SwedeHockey
nsh_zpsnlyw1nl2.jpg Nashville Predators - apollo

nj_zps8umhhvkl.jpg New Jersey Devils - somethingvery
nyi_zpspfqrcybf.jpg New York Islanders - Mimerez
nyr_zpseg3tp6db.jpg New York Rangers - Pineapples / Peaches
ott_zps8wapdbck.jpg Ottawa Senators - ThaShady1
phi_zpszialv8ow.jpg Philadelphia Flyers - Mike Vanderhoek
pit_zpsqbulpw9e.jpg Pittsburgh Penguins - Watermelons
sj_zpsvtif7pve.jpg San Jose Sharks - pmalina
stl_zps4rro2via.jpg St Louis Blues - Buddhas Hand
tb_zps8uaw6rhv.jpg Tampa Bay Lightning - Big Mike
tor_zpstittmzhs.jpg Toronto Maple Leafs - Mr. Quacks
van_zpsr34vmtcw.jpg Vancouver Canucks - Captain Woodget
was_zps8pahma4k.jpg Washington Capitals - Grape
wpg_zpsk7eteq59.jpg Winnipeg Jets - oldnews

Rosters:

Roster Requirements
  • 23 Players under contract required on all teams rosters at all times.
  • GMs will be required to ice a team of twelve forwards, six defensemen, and one goalie daily. The remaining players will be "benched" for that day.
  • The cutoff time for lineup changes will be 12PM PST. GMs will have the ability to set "future lineups" in Fantrax, according to the NHL schedule.
  • Limit of 50 total under contract in AHL and NHL combined.
  • Nhl salary cap is 71.4 million. Cap floor is 52.8 million.
  • NHL Buyout rules apply.

Call-Ups/Send-Downs

To move players to and from your NHL and AHL teams, post in the League Thread. Roster transactions between NHL and Minor League teams must be posted before 12PM PST to collect points for that day.

Waivers

Waiver Eligibility: Skaters that are over the age of 26 or have 150 games played in the NHL are subject to waivers. Goalies, if they have at least 80 games in the NHL.

Individual players waivers will be re evaluated each game by fantrax. If you cannot move your player to the minors and could a few days earlier, most likely they reached 150 games or the age of 27.

Once a waiver eligible player is put on waivers in the League Thread, the other teams have 48 hours to claim said player.

Waiver Order: The waiver order for the first season will be a reverse order of the first round of the fantasy draft. After a team claims a player from another team off waivers, they go to the bottom of the list.

Burying Cap: If a waiver eligible player is demoted to their minor league affiliate, and has a contract over 1m, their team will have a cap penalty of the amount over 1m. (e.g. 2m contract demoted to ahl, 1m still on the books.)

How to put a player on waivers: Simply post in the thread that want to place your player on waivers with the intention of putting them on your minors team. After 48 hours, if no other team is interested in claiming them, they will stay on your minors team (to clear up room your player may be placed on your minors team so you can bring up a replacement.

Please indicate the player you intend to bring up, even though you can do it manually through fantrax without a commissioner. In the event that this is done before the daily roster movement cutoff, but a commissioner hasn't made the change yet, we will need to know who to replace the moving player with when we backdate the transaction.

Waiver Priority

If more than one team puts in a claim on a player during the waiver period, then the team with the higher waiver priority's claim is accepted.

If the claim is before November 1, waiver priority is based on the previous year's standings, with the team with the worst record having first priority and the team with the best record having last priority.

If the claim is after November 1, waiver priority is based on the current year's standings, defined as the lowest percentage of possible points.

Injuries

Injured Reserve: To place a player on the IR, select player on fantrax, and move them to the red injured reserve area. Only players with a red flag next to their name are eligible to be placed in the fantrax IR.

When a player that has been placed on the IR becomes healthy (no red flag beside name in fantrax), the GM has two days remove them from the IR. If two days have elapsed and the player is still on the IR after he is deemed healthy, their lineup is illegal and no points will be collected until the player is moved. Remember, all roster transactions must be executed before 12PM PST.

While the rule is two days, GMs are urged, in the spirit of fair play, to move the player as soon as they are healthy.

Positions

Teams will not be permitted to ice their players out of position. Players listed as playing a position on one of the following sites that add to those Fantrax lists, may have those positions added:

NHL
TSN
Sportsnet
Elite Prospects
HockeyDB
Yahoo

Please send
Captain Woodget a PM with a direct link for each players corresponding proof with "CDC Puck Player Positions" and your team name in the subject line.

Player Happiness

Player happiness will not be proactively mandated (player demanding a trade etc) in an effort to keep this league as free of commissioner bias as possible. In the occasion of retaining your pending UFA, we may however dig deeper into the situation and use this variable in our decision to sign the player to your or another team's offer. If you offer 5m to your pending UFA star and another team offers 5m and is more likely to win the stanley cup, the player will ask for more money or take the new team's contract.

We do not want this to turn into a popularity contest so there won't be too much interpretation and thinking on behalf of NHL players, but we will use some basic factors in re-signings that may border on player happiness (Team's likelyhood of winning is the big one)

Captaincy is not a factor

Scoring:

SKATERS:
+/-: .75
Blk: .75
Fight: 3
Goal: 5
Assist: 4
Game winning goal: +1
Hit: .5
Hat Trick: +3
Ot Goal: +1
Short handed Point: +1

GOALIES:
Assist: 4
Ot loss: 5
Shut-out: +5
Win: 10

Playoffs:

The top teams in each conference (the same as the nhl) will advance to the playoffs.

Trades:

To Anaheim ana11_zpsu4wyhuys.jpg: Duncan Keith

To Calgary cal_zpsjmy9blaw.jpg: Anaheim 2016 1st Round Pick, Anaheim 2016 2nd Round Pick, Jon Gillies, Jarred Tinordi, Vincent Lecavalier

To Montreal mtl_zpsoolntrv4.jpg: Riley Sheahan, NSH 2016 1st

To Nashville nsh_zpsnlyw1nl2.jpg: Tomas Jurco, MTL 2016 1st

To Arizona arz_zpsyctq9lhl.jpg: David Desharnais, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, 2nd Rd. Pick, 2016

To Minnesota min_zpsfgo8qjbu.jpg: Jonathan Huberdeau, Radek Faksa

To Buffalo buf_zps7vydq6ta.jpg: Jyrki Jokkipakka, Patteri Linbohm

To Minnesota min_zpsfgo8qjbu.jpg: Erik Gustafsson, Alex Petrovic, Buffalo 2016 2nd Round Pick

To Buffalo buf_zps7vydq6ta.jpg: Tobias Enstrom

To Tampa Bay tb_zps8uaw6rhv.jpg: BUF 2016 3rd Round Pick, BUF 2016 5th Round Pick, Carter Verhaeghe

To Buffalobuf_zps7vydq6ta.jpg: Jimmy Hayes, 2016 1st Round Pick, 2017 3rd Round Pick.

To New York Islandersnyi_zpspfqrcybf.jpg: Victor Rask, 2016 2nd Round Pick.

To Philadelphia phi_zpszialv8ow.jpg: Anton Zlobin

To Arizona arz_zpsyctq9lhl.jpg: Richard Panik

To Arizona arz_zpsyctq9lhl.jpg: Boone Jenner, Matt Calvert, 2017 1st Round Pick

To San Jose sj_zpsvtif7pve.jpg: Ryan Getzlaf

To Philidelphia phi_zpszialv8ow.jpg: Jonathan Quick, Peter Cehlarik, Beau Bennett

To Buffalo buf_zps7vydq6ta.jpg: Melker Karlsson, Simon Despres, Steve Mason, PHI 2016 2nd Round Pick

Optional Fantrax Payment:

This is a free league and we do not charge a fee to join, but we are open to accepting payment if a GM chooses to do so. 1/30 of 100 is approximately $3.50 PM me for paypal info if you want to help.

We need a big name experienced guy like Ari to help! He's a gem!

Appreciate the comment Swede, that being said I'm going to hold off on making my own fantasy league.

I'm interested but while GML, FL and EHL are running I think it's enough for this fantasy section at this time.

Once one falls apart I will likely be starting up my own league.

Why Not fantrax. It has lots of options. Minors System , draft, not to Mention Tons more of points Options. ..Hits Blocks etc.

I personally just think Pickuphockey has an easier layout and is quite simple. Perfect for a league like this.

Works well in CDCFL, so I don't know wh it wouldn't work here.

I personally just think Pickuphockey has an easier layout and is quite simple. Perfect for a league like this.

Works well in CDCFL, so I don't know wh it wouldn't work here.

Just a thought. Points on pickup limited and Pims are overated. A defensive d-men is Kinda Worth nothing in pickup leagues for an example. I m into fantrax leagues since 3 years Yet and i can Tell u its pure fun.

I m May Planing a small fantrax league for next season ...10-12 gm's. If you are interested..You ll get an Invation

Just a thought. Points on pickup limited and Pims are overated. A defensive d-men is Kinda Worth nothing in pickup leagues for an example. I m into fantrax leagues since 3 years Yet and i can Tell u its pure fun.

I m May Planing a small fantrax league for next season ...10-12 gm's. If you are interested..You ll get an Invation

I suppose we could do either :)

Do you have to pay for Fantrax?

You must Pay for a Premium league with all options (salary, Maximum Played games for rookies etc) but Not for Random leagues.

See, that's why in not really interested. Paying for a fantsay league game is kind of dumb when Pickuphockey offers all we need. P

I don't mind paying for it and accepting a few bucks on PayPal from those with an Abundance of money.

Fantrax is way easier. No need for spreadsheets because it's all integrated. you can search nhl ufa players with ease.

You can call up/ send down players without the commissioner if you choose as a leage. It's way easier. Me not eating out for a couple weeks is worth fantrax I can pay for it if we have a 20-25 team league confirmed and wanting to participate. Also injuries And recent player news is displayed on your home page. Also I believe drafts are done through fantrax too. No need to have ten different spreadsheets bookmarked because it is all in your fantrax login. Cap, contract years remaining, draft picks.

Pickuphockey leagues are awesome and more hardcore. Way more management work with spreadsheets and manual player movement. I would probably not have the time to do everything manually and feel that it doesn't take away so much of the skill factor to mAke it any less fun.

I love the pickuphockey league I'm in currently and will be in it until it dissolves. I admire the commissioners dedication to run a manual league. but as far as running a league goes for me, I'd rather pay the money and use fantrax. Thats just me.

I don't mind paying for it and accepting a few bucks on PayPal from those with an Abundance of money.

Fantrax is way easier. No need for spreadsheets because it's all integrated. you can search nhl ufa players with ease.

You can call up/ send down players without the commissioner if you choose as a leage. It's way easier. Me not eating out for a couple weeks is worth fantrax I can pay for it if we have a 20-25 team league confirmed and wanting to participate. Also injuries And recent player news is displayed on your home page. Also I believe drafts are done through fantrax too. No need to have ten different spreadsheets bookmarked because it is all in your fantrax login. Cap, contract years remaining, draft picks.

Pickuphockey leagues are awesome and more hardcore. Way more management work with spreadsheets and manual player movement. I would probably not have the time to do everything manually and feel that it doesn't take away so much of the skill factor to mAke it any less fun.

I love the pickuphockey league I'm in currently and will be in it until it dissolves. I admire the commissioners dedication to run a manual league. but as far as running a league goes for me, I'd rather pay the money and use fantrax. Thats just me.

Well you'd be the commissioner, whatever you want to do is what will happen.

Not going to make you use pickuphockey, it's just that I think you'd lose out on a lot of quality GM's because of this.

Good luck if you do indeed end up pursuing this!

yep yep yep ..i also wouldnt mind to pay some some bucks ...the whole package of options is worth it imo

I'm going to ask a few of my friends in real life to join. Those of you who are interested should pick a team and send me a pm with your email and I'll send you an invite to Fantrax.

Oh and don't worry about the fantrax payment. Maybe we will talk about pitching in for a prize for the winner at a later date.

Archived