The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

cdcpuck 2015

Drewismyname

Another ten or so teams and we can plan a fantasy draft. Tell your friends guys/gals.

With a salary cap in place and a penalties for nhl regulars in the minors, we can still go ahead with a smaller league without scaring away gms from joining so I'm not ruling out playing the first year with half a league but it would be good if we could recruit a few more.

So, I'm a little confused here.

Is going to be a league where you set your roster every game day, and always pick different players to be on your team, or is this a league like CDCFL/EHL where you always have the same players?

Half way there. What are your opinions on a minimum number of gms before starting the fantasy draft? I'm indifferent. Eager to start though would be ideal to have a full league. There will be rules to keep Ahl teams free of big pro contracts though so starting without a full league won't ruin it for future gms.

Just getting a feel for opinions.

Oh and it will be a slow draft. Quite a few rounds as we will have to fill our Ahl teams too. I will have the scoring system and rules decided before the draft.

I'd like to start right away too but its better if we wait until at least the end of june there's still tons of time left until the start of the next season and new Gms might not want to sign up after most of the superstars have been picked already.

I will provisionally take Pittsburgh.

But I have a couple questions.

1. Will this be like regular fantasy hockey where what your player does in real games is how you get points and goals, assists, etc. are given points, or is it some sort of Sim?

2. What's the purpose of an AHL roster? Do AHL players get points too, and if so, do they contribute to your overall points, or is there going to be a different AHL and NHL champion?

I will provisionally take Pittsburgh.

But I have a couple questions.

1. Will this be like regular fantasy hockey where what your player does in real games is how you get points and goals, assists, etc. are given points, or is it some sort of Sim?

2. What's the purpose of an AHL roster? Do AHL players get points too, and if so, do they contribute to your overall points, or is there going to be a different AHL and NHL champion?

1: there will be a point system for goals, assists, ppg, fights, etc, which will be up for discussion. I am all ears to make this a league that we all are happy tobe in. The success of your drafted players will translate into your teams success. Not a sim league. I will be modelling this with help from others on the system that most of the other successful cdc leagues run on, with tweaks to make it its own. For instance, i feel strongly that pims should be a negetive and not a positive. Not a big negative, but in reality pims are bad so why reward them?

2. Your ahl team holds your prospects. We will draft prospects and i will explain this more clearly before the draft, but obviously you wont want to sign so many players that youll be at the contract limit and can't sign your newly drafted players. Every year we will hold a five round entry draft. Those players are put into your ahl team until they are ready to be brought into the nhl. They will not generate points for your team until they are on your nhl roster.

I am working on a rules list and points system that i will present to the league before the draft

Archived