The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks, PG Cougars to Make "Exciting" Announcement Tomorrow

Pears

As awesome as this is for Nucks fans in PG..

This town is a heap of turd.

But as long as they stay out of the down town area and the various Hood areas its great.

Either way im am excited and i hope they have stuff for the kids to do other then just watch a practice.

As awesome as this is for Nucks fans in PG..

This town is a heap of turd.

But as long as they stay out of the down town area and the various Hood areas its great.

Either way im am excited and i hope they have stuff for the kids to do other then just watch a practice.

Definetly avoid the Hood and the bowl area. College Heights and mostly the Hart are fine.

Getting the kids used to their future AHL home hopefully. Although its been quite successful in Utica to this point, it'd be pretty convenient for everyone to have our homebase somewhere like Victoria, PG, Okanagan Lake area, or even Seattle/Portland (although itd be better to avoid border crossing). Seattle/Portland I assume would have Manitoba Moose type success, but the players and staff alike, would probably prefer living out in Kelowna/Penticton/Vernon/etc.

This would save the organization a lot of dough on transportation and accommodation costs. More importantly, we would save a few hundred thousand a year in cap, calling guys up the morning of the game (bus) instead of the night before. Somedays even the morning before cuz of complicated 24+ hour flights from Utica, full of stopovers that are completely out of the way. Would be less complicated with regards to matching up the Comets schedule versus ours. Sucks when we send someone down and they don't see a game til 3 days later.

Believe they signed a 4 year agreement with the city of Utica, but that was simply cuz we were limited for options, and on a tight timeline to get a team we have full control over for the start of the season. I'm sure at the time, and probably still now as well, the organization had every intent on moving the team closer to home at the end of the 4 years. If we happen to win a Calder Cup in that timeline, perhaps the reconsider. I believe Abbotsford would have worked very well if it was our prospects, and not the Flamers.

Fans would be better than in Vancouver. 4000 people at the CN center in PG make more noise than 18,000 in Rogers arena! Too many fair weather fans in Van. Frankly its embarrassing.

You must be joking.. Until this year, they were having so much trouble getting people to attend cougars games they started having bring your dog night haha.. now that's embarrassing

Average attendance per game (sources: HockeyDB, PG Cougars)

14-15: 2844

13-14: 1693

12-13: 1840

11-12: 2047

10-11: 2207

Dead last in attendance almost every season.

I think Victoria's bad for attendance and they still average over 4500/game.

Archived