The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Dynasty League

gmen81

How would the draft order for the expansion draft be determined?

That's what I wasn't sure of. I was thinking of just randomizing it, but didn't want people to question if I somehow got 1st pick.

That's why I think having them go into the free agency pool is probably the best.

That's what I wasn't sure of. I was thinking of just randomizing it, but didn't want people to question if I somehow got 1st pick.

That's why I think having them go into the free agency pool is probably the best.

If we did an expansion draft, I (neutral party who wanted to start over with new rosters anyways) could use a randomizer and post screen shots of before and after hitting the randomize button to determine the draft order. That way it's objective and not a conflict of interest.

Poll has been updated. Please delete your previous votes and vote on the new one.

You will notice that one of them is asking if we get rid of kickers. It is something that I noticed in other dynasty leagues. Lots of them don't use kickers, so I thought I would throw that out there.

Also OP has been updated with the list of players that are available in the dispersal draft. You will also noticed that I posted a whole bunch of links that are helpful for a dynasty league.

Edit: for PPR I will just give 0.5 points per reception.

Edited by gmen81

The more I think about the more I think we need to get things rolling here. Expansion draft is what will happen. We get 2 picks each.

3738EC89-13CA-4709-BA66-3DA17B476CBF_zps

That shows the names of everyone, in about 30 minutes I will hit randomize and that will determine the order.

Edited by gmen81

Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of a ppr league if a reception is only awarded 0.5 points?

I don't know. I just noticed that some other leagues do it as well. This way we have a happy medium with everyone. I can change it to 1 point if it makes people happy

From email I just sent.

After the rookie draft is done we will do the blind bidding auction, which will happen 1 or 2 times a week. Each time someone will post a player that needs to be bid on. We then all bid blindly on that player.

We start off with $200 and bids are a minimum of $1. Once the season starts I will give everyone an extra $100 + half of whatever money you had leftover. You have to fill out your roster, So you can't just not bid to save money. Of course you can wait and just bid $1 on each leftover player.

Any questions you can either email or post in the thread